Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 Club safety rule violations. Reported to the AMA? >

Club safety rule violations. Reported to the AMA?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Club safety rule violations. Reported to the AMA?

Old 12-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club safety rule violations. Reported to the AMA?

bhole74,
We use frequency-numbered card slots instead of pins. It also proves you are an AMA member and a club member (has a club sticker on the card). To have a bunch of pins, we would really need a building. Actually, I use my own personal pin and a card because I belong to another club that requires pins and the hanger is usually closed. I just use the same method for both fields - my card clipped to the pin. Some guys made a point about forgetting your card when you leave. This is the boonies. If you leave your card, it's not a big concern. It will be there for you next time.

The road? Again, this is the boonies. Not the best situation but not as bad as it sounds. It's possible, but not always easy, depending on the wind, to leave the road completely out of your flight pattern. Runway layout would not matter or improve the situation that much.

Low, fast passes are not dangerous as long as you don't get too close to the flight line - but I try to obey the rules.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:25 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bhole74

SNIP

Maybe if someone was trying to take off or land, or perhaps someone mowing, I could see the point.

SNIP
Boy did you make me feel out of step and lame brained! I thought the guys on the mowers couldn't here the airplanes and would not be watching them , so I insist that no flying happen when folks are on the field with mowers...
Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 PM

Jim, I actually encountered a person doing full throttle touch and go's while a guy was mowing the runway. Once he finally landed, the mower made a pass by the flightline and covered the airplane with grass. This was at a sanctioned field, not mine. The only thing that goes up if I'm mowing is a 9 oz. foamy.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:31 AM
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: bhole74

I'm not... a club member...

1: I don't see what the big deal is... That's what the club members do.

2 Sounds to me like someone is just being petty.
bhole74

You’re lucky! It seems most others here do belong to a club and are required to joyfully march in the rank and file due to some pettiness.

At the local Lowes here, there has been a run on 25 foot tape measures. I hope Barney doesn’t get hit by an airplane while making sure no one flies closer than 25 feet to any one else.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:35 AM
My Feedback: (58)

Oh BTW

Don't think Horrace is glad to see you or anyone else for that matter...that is a tape measure in his pocket
Old 12-06-2005, 09:32 PM

being one of the club members who recieved a warning letter along with "wings of peril" i can assure you that this started as a personal issue, and the two other members became drawn into it because we have a closer knit group of flyers. People at our club dont fly. Thats it, theres no discussion about it. They dont fly. Myself, "wings of peril" and a third member. We are really the only die hard members of the club, constantly helping people in every way we can. Whether its finding airplanes in the 200 acres of corn, helping people tune engines, or gifting parts just to get someone in the air for the day. These things seem to get forgotten all because of a personal vengence. I know this because the personal vengence was against me, i called the individual at home to apologize for whatever i did (i still dont know what it was....probably parking in his spot or something stupid like you mentioned before) and he tore me apart on the phone. My apologetic phone call turned into "how bad of a person i am" from this guys perspective. The whole thing is bull**** and they picked us because of our close friendship.