Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 What is the purpose of holding a World Championship (F3A) ? >

What is the purpose of holding a World Championship (F3A) ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
to determine the single best pilot in the world
10.00%
to determine the single best 3 pilot national team in the world
6.67%
both choice 1 and choice 2
43.33%
choice 2 is secondary to choice 1
16.67%
choice 1 is secondary to choice 2
0%
other
23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

What is the purpose of holding a World Championship (F3A) ?

Old 12-16-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What is the purpose of holding a World Championship (F3A) ?

If you fly Hitec, you have to drive a Toyota. What do you drive if you fly Airtronics? Multiplex? Tower? What if you fly more than one brand of radios?

Woops
Darn, do I have to buy another vehicle? I have several Airtronics (Sanwa, I believe) including stylus. I have several Hitecs, including 7-channel with freq. changer, I have a couple cheaper Futabas one I won, and one I bought in a package deal at an Estate Sale, however my main transmitters are an 8103 JR and a 783 JR, both a few years old. I have an unknown amount of Hitec RCD receivers.

Now I drive a Dodge 2500, Cummins, and my wife drives a Pontiac Montana mini-van. So what does one have to do to be in the realm of Y-Not's fashionable count. BTW, I darn well don't qualify as a liberal, yet IMO at least one of the management here at RCU certainly does. Notice a change in the signature as THE PLAN was not acceptable.

So what does one like ol' Hoss have to do to be politically correct in the rolling stock division along with RCU, the "family" [sm=punching.gif] forum?

Really no answers needed. Just' jokin' about.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

If you fly Hitec, you have to drive a Toyota. What do you drive if you fly Airtronics? Multiplex? Tower? What if you fly more than one brand of radios?

Woops
Darn, do I have to buy another vehicle? I have several Airtronics (Sanwa, I believe) including stylus. I have several Hitecs, including 7-channel with freq. changer, I have a couple cheaper Futabas one I won, and one I bought in a package deal at an Estate Sale, however my main transmitters are an 8103 JR and a 783 JR, both a few years old. I have an unknown amount of Hitec RCD receivers.

Now I drive a Dodge 2500, Cummins, and my wife drives a Pontiac Montana mini-van. So what does one have to do to be in the realm of Y-Not's fashionable count. BTW, I darn well don't qualify as a liberal, yet IMO at least one of the management here at RCU certainly does. Notice a change in the signature as THE PLAN was not acceptable.

So what does one like ol' Hoss have to do to be politically correct in the rolling stock division along with RCU, the "family" [sm=punching.gif] forum?

Hoss, Have I the perfect car for you. A world class automobile for the diverse pilot. A spectacular piece of 'art'. The perfect car to hold your many TXs and put The Plan on it's side.

Woops

BEHOLD,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20768.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	371080  
Old 12-16-2005, 02:59 PM

Woops

That's a bummer Hoss. I really liked THE PLAN. OTOH, I'm ambivalent about the new sig. If you're going to be nice to Libertarians, it might monkey wrench the enjoyment I get from disagreeing with you - can't have that!
As for another vehicle, Libertarians drive whatever they darned well please, and being PC is frowned upon in the selection criteria. Get a muffler bypass installed on the Cummins, Jake brake on the downhills, and never slow down for crossing armadillos or MA politicians. Pretty much like just being a Texican.

Abel
Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Woops

That's a bummer Hoss. I really liked THE PLAN. OTOH, I'm ambivalent about the new sig. If you're going to be nice to Libertarians, it might monkey wrench the enjoyment I get from disagreeing with you - can't have that!
As for another vehicle, Libertarians drive whatever they darned well please, and being PC is frowned upon in the selection criteria. Get a muffler bypass installed on the Cummins, Jake brake on the downhills, and never slow down for crossing armadillos or MA politicians. Pretty much like just being a Texican.

Abel
At least Texans can count ballets.

Woops (former Floridian)
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: woops

Woops (former Floridian)
That would be a short count. They're into boot skootin' - not tutus.

Abel
Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
J_R

Woops (former Floridian)
Is that like one tutu, two tutu, three tutu or more like Nutcracker, Swan Lake, ...

Ballet counting is something new for us Californians, but whatever tickles your fancy

Former Floridian, huh? Now it's beginning to make sense why there was such an issue with Chad. Did you think chad was a guy? We haven't heard of any problems in FL lately with voting, when did you move?

Old 12-16-2005, 04:00 PM

I don't think so, Woops. That would be a cold day in ....
Old 12-16-2005, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: J_R

Former Floridian, huh? Now it's beginning to make sense why there was such an issue with Chad. Did you think chad was a guy?
Yep, but he was pregnant.

We haven't heard of any problems in FL lately with voting, when did you move?
More than six years ago.

Woops
Old 12-16-2005, 05:37 PM

Former Floridian, huh? Now it's beginning to make sense why there was such an issue with Chad. Did you think chad was a guy?

More than six years ago.

Woops
C'mon man, stand tall and ask him "What problems?"

But for Floridians being on a different page (heh heh) during the voting, we'd have a Democrat in the White House. Even Hoss would prolly ease off Bush after contemplating that. Heck, if Detroit cars could float we might have had a fat senator from MA in the White House.
Y'all gotta be pragmatic about where we would be in perfect world lacking little 'problems.'

Abel
Old 12-16-2005, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

More than six years ago.

Woops
C'mon man, stand tall and ask him "What problems?"

But for Floridians being on a different page (heh heh) during the voting, we'd have a Democrat in the White House. Even Hoss would prolly ease off Bush after contemplating that. Heck, if Detroit cars could float we might have had a fat senator from MA in the White House.
Y'all gotta be pragmatic about where we would be in perfect world lacking little 'problems.'

Abel
Able,
Florida has problems, but at least there aren't nearly as many as there are in California.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with Florida. I'd love to go back sometime for a vacation or something. I'd love to meet you also.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-16-2005, 06:05 PM
J_R

Able,
Florida has problems, but at least there aren't nearly as many as there are in California.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with Florida. I'd love to go back sometime for a vacation or something. I'd love to meet you also.

Sincerely,
Woops
Ok Abel, are you now convinced Woops does not comprehend what he reads, or simply does not read?

ROFLMAO

How are things there in Temecula, FL?

edit: on the other hand, maybe he is looking forward to seeing your dress tutu
Old 12-16-2005, 09:44 PM

Thought about it for a few msecs, might be good for a coupla yuks. Then, I periodically sojourn to visit some folks in the Red River/Lake Texoma area. Getting caught in possession of a tutu there might get one hung from the nearest Cottonwood.
I'll take a pass on that.[]

Abel
Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 PM

Able,

Sincerely,
Woops
Ok Abel, are you now convinced Woops does not comprehend what he reads, or simply does not read?

ROFLMAO

How are things there in Temecula, FL?

JR, You would look better in a tutu.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR, You would look better in a tutu.
Getting back to thread topic, will there be a FAI World Championships for Hairy Legs Flying in a tutu? Will one have to be a citizen of California to make the team? According to CNN there are a lot of potential qualifiers outside the Left Coast.

I don't have any idea how JR looks in anything and actually I am very happy about that lack of knowledge.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:14 AM
My Feedback: (194)

It seems to me that the great unwashed multitude, that is, those R/C'ers who are not in the World Championship class, don't work in the industry, are not sponsored, etc have already given their blessing to Quique Somenzini.
I have seen him fly many time, at the TOC, at that toy flying thing called the ETOC, etc, and have noticed that before or after his flight, the non-competing crowd always gave him a much longer, quite noticeable ovation than anyone else.
Quique is personable, with non of the arrogance, conceit, or egoism that seems to have infected some of that crowd. We need his kind on our team.
I am not joining in the post-er ugly name calling & bashing that this subject has started, so don't bother, save your venom for someone else.
Quique, if you see this: non illigitimus carburumdum! (Don't let the *******s grind you down!). Buena Suerte!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:38 AM
My Feedback: (21)

You are WAY too liberal to work at a company that specializes in 3D aircraft.
Here we go again. Immigration is not liberal, it's conservative.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

You're both wrong.(or unclear) Conservatives want LEGAL immigration, liberals want immigration.

Sincerely,
Woops
Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 AM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

I'd pick "other" - it's to showcase talent to a wider audience, and to act as an impetus to both innovation and improved techniques, etc.
This is the correct answer to the question.

Since when is 3D conservative? I hope that was just a joke cause it doesn't make any sense.

The correlations of Futaba, and JR doesn't work for me as I am mostley liberal, drive a Ford and fly Futaba. Hitec seems to be left out of the equation, probably because they don't make a high end radio. Does that mean Hitec users probably drive Kia's?

This thread ended up in the outfield pretty darn fast but I'm glad to see everyone playing nicely. Maybe it's the time of year.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:37 PM
My Feedback: (21)

liberals want immigration.
Conservatives want both. You've heard that Bush wants illegals to get work passes and get drivers licenses haven't you? He's a conservative.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:38 PM

Typical liberal response, trying to spin it away from yourself.

My comment was directed towards your attitude, not immigration. This thread has nothing to do with immigration. And it took you 4 days to come up with that weak ass comment?

And Eloy, your right on about QQ. Him on team USA would be awesome.

If that were to happen, what are the chances other countries would object, saying we were "stacking" the team????
Old 12-17-2005, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: YNOT

Typical liberal response, trying to spin it away from yourself.

My comment was directed towards your attitude, not immigration. This thread has nothing to do with immigration. And it took you 4 days to come up with that weak ass comment?

And Eloy, your right on about QQ. Him on team USA would be awesome.

If that were to happen, what are the chances other countries would object, saying we were "stacking" the team????
Chances are prolly low to middling, but who gives a lemming's behind about what other countries think - did G Dubya care what they thought when we bombed the crap outta Baghdad? It's FAI and the same residency rules apply to all countries that want in the game.

Abel
Old 12-18-2005, 07:55 AM

liberals want immigration.
Conservatives want both. You've heard that Bush wants illegals to get work passes and get drivers licenses haven't you? He's a conservative.
Bush is a poor excuse as a conservative.(He's what VA Dem. Gov. Warner said he would be before he was elected.)

Woops
Old 12-18-2005, 09:07 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Now you seem to be just trying to get this thread shut down.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Good suggestion.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 PM
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Now you seem to be just trying to get this thread shut down.
I am few seconds away from closing this one and no whining or name calling from anybody would make me reinstate the thread.

Let us get back the original topic. This is AMA forum (YOUR FORUM BTW) and let us keep the discussions to AMA related topics.

Best Regards

Ben