Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Both American legal residents and citizens
53.45%
Citizens only
46.55%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Old 01-17-2006, 09:22 PM
3D Nut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

These issues do matter to me, and I know they matter to the other handful of folks who post in the AMA Forums, but I think at least half of us could agree that most AMA Members in general could care less about these things we talk about.
Just for the record in the past 5 Days, there have been 245 Replies, and 2288 View.

Please carry ON [>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]

Spiro

PS
Now there's 246 Replies

Old 01-18-2006, 03:25 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: woops

STLPilot, are you ready for another platitude? I hope so because here it is:

Let's suppose that I(a citizen of the U.S.A.) were to go live in Oslo with Bla bla. Now, we both love airplanes and since we're both excelent pilots,(way better than Chip and QQ combined) we decide to try out for Team Norway.(for F3A. NOT figure skating) Now, I'm a proud citizen of America, and he's a proud citizen of Norway. We both go to the worlds and tie for first place.(both representing Norway)(QQ gets third representing the U.S.A.) We go home in ecstasy. Norway couldn't be prouder.

Is this right? Should I be allowed to fly for Norway, even though, I'm just a resident of Norway?

Woops

Can anyone answer this or did I just stump the world? [sm=confused.gif]

Woops
Old 01-18-2006, 03:45 PM
bhole74

Can anyone answer this or did I just stump the world?
I think the horse is dead.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: bhole74

YAY, woops killed the horsie!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:04 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: bhole74

YAY, woops killed the horsie!!!
LOL[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Old 01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
marmitas

Let's suppose that I(a citizen of the U.S.A.) were to go live in Oslo with Bla bla. Now, we both love airplanes and since we're both excelent pilots,(way better than Chip and QQ combined) we decide to try out for Team Norway.(for F3A. NOT figure skating) Now, I'm a proud citizen of America, and he's a proud citizen of Norway. We both go to the worlds and tie for first place.(both representing Norway)(QQ gets third representing the U.S.A.) We go home in ecstasy. Norway couldn't be prouder.

Is this right? Should I be allowed to fly for Norway, even though, I'm just a resident of Norway?

Woops

Woops
Obviously, yours is a rhetorical question. There is a big difference between moving to a country for the sole purpose of representing that country in international competition and moving your family, settling in legally, owning property, having a job or business, paying taxes just like any citizen, etc, etc. And after a period of 3 years attempt to represent that country.
BTW I agree with the person that said that this horse is dead.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:13 PM
3D Nut

Looks like it's calm before the STORM [], I'm running for cover [X(]

Spiro
Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
50%plane

Looks like it's calm before the STORM[] , I'm running for cover[X(]

LOL

ORIGINAL: marmitas

Woops

Woops
Obviously, yours is a rhetorical question. There is a big difference between moving to a country for the sole purpose of representing that country in international competition and moving your family, settling in legally, owning property, having a job or business, paying taxes just like any citizen, etc, etc. And after a period of 3 years attempt to represent that country.
So? It's still the same immigrational status. But to play this game, let's then say that I start a business in Norway shoveling snow, I get hitched, and I apply for citizenship. The only difference would be that I haven't been there for three years. Sure, I may or may not be committed to Norway, but who can say that for sure until I become a citizen of Norway.

It all comes down to where do you draw the line. I feel that if you're a citizen of one country, you should represent THAT country. It would be easy to be a legal resident of many countries. Who's to say that you couldn't pick and choose where you would have the best opportunity. The lengthy citizenship process is to ensure that you are comitted toward the goal.

Now to where QQ fits into all I've said. He's a citizen of Argentina. He's a legal American resident. And, he's an excellent pilot.(also, he probably isn't a terrorist[STLPilot, can you read that?]) Argentina, from my understanding, won't allow QQ to fly for them. It looks to me that they decided this before QQ declared intention to try to make Team U.S.A.

In what way could I be reassured that QQ isn't just trying to keep his reputation as one of the worlds top pilots while enjoying life in the U.S.A.?

One word: CITIZENSHIP

Woops

edit: poor grammar function removed
Old 01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
3D Nut

Looks like it's calm before the STORM[] , I'm running for cover[X(]

LOL

Woops

Woops
So? It's still the same immigrational status. But to play this game, let's then say that I start a business in Norway shoveling snow, I get hitched, and I apply for citizenship. The only difference would be that I haven't been there for three years. Sure, I may or may not be committed to Norway, but who can say that for sure until I become a citizen of Norway.

It all comes down to where do you draw the line. I feel that if you're a citizen of one country, you should represent THAT country. It would be easy to be a legal resident of many countries. Who's to say that you couldn't pick and choose where you would have the best opportunity. The lengthy citizenship process is to ensure that you are comitted toward the goal.

Now to where QQ fits into all I've said. He's a citizen of Argentina. He's a legal American resident. And, he's an excellent pilot.(also, he probably isn't a terrorist[STLPilot, can you read that?]) Argentina, from my understanding, won't allow QQ to fly for them. It looks to me that they decided this before QQ declared intention to try to make Team U.S.A.

In what way could I be reassured that QQ isn't just trying to keep his reputation as one of the worlds top pilots while enjoying life in the U.S.A.?

One word: CITIZENSHIP

Woops

edit: poor grammar function removed

Sure Woops,

why don't you add more wood to that FIRE. I'm telling you I feel it in my bones, I could see it coming. [X(][]
Old 01-18-2006, 10:23 PM
piper_chuck

I guess that horsie is named Phoenix!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

fai rules only allow residency in one country at a time, see, they thought of that already.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:54 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Yes Woops I can see your comments but only when someone quotes you as you've made my block list.

Sorry but your ignorance on this issue is beyond comprehension. Obviously you've never been out of X,USA and seen the world. Besides why would you want to debate a dope?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:45 AM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: mongo

fai rules only allow residency in one country at a time, see, they thought of that already.
Resident or citizen? Where would QQ be classified? He's a citizen of argentina and a resident of America.

Woops
Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 AM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Yes Woops I can see your comments but only when someone quotes you as you've made my block list.
Well, he obviously doesn't want to debate his own point and ideas and morals with someone who thinks the opposite. Too bad. I was enjoying this. But it's time to end this. after one more post.(hopefully)

sincerely,
Woops
Old 01-19-2006, 08:34 AM
STLPilot

FAI RULES SAY RESIDENT, NOT CITIZEN. UNLIKE THE IOC WHO WORK OFF RULES AND TRADTIONS OVER 2000 YEARS OLD.

This is the year 2006 Woops, we've advanced.

I don't know if you've heard this, but slavery has been abolished and blacks don't sit on backs of buses. You don't get shot anymore when sneaking into Russia. Men have landed on the moon. The Berlin wall was taken down. America STILL has an open door immigration policy. There is no longer a King and Queen of England, or Iraq for that matter. Legal resident non citizens fight in our military and that includes flying our UAV's (radio controlled planes worth millions). Lots of other exciting news too.

Times change and you need to learn to adapt or else you'll be left behind. 67% of the people that have voted have advanced.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:47 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stick by my belief that Citizens Only should be allowed to compete for U.S World Team, but I must give credit to STLPilot's poll, and take back my earlier predictions of how this poll would turn out. I predicted Citizens Only would win this poll by a large margin, and I WAS WRONG! I still stick by my own belief, but I will not keep beating this issue because the majority have shown where they stand! Even though I strongly disagree with STLPilot, he has argued his position well, and I respect his view, and the others who have voted on this matter. It was a good debate, but I have said about all I can say on this matter, and should be silent now so as not to portray myself as a sore loser! Now its off to find another worthy cause needing a voice!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
aerowiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
marmitas

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

I stick by my belief that Citizens Only should be allowed to compete for U.S World Team, but I must give credit to STLPilot's poll, and take back my earlier predictions of how this poll would turn out. I predicted Citizens Only would win this poll by a large margin, and I WAS WRONG! I still stick by my own belief, but I will not keep beating this issue because the majority have shown where they stand! Even though I strongly disagree with STLPilot, he has argued his position well, and I respect his view, and the others who have voted on this matter. It was a good debate, but I have said about all I can say on this matter, and should be silent now so as not to portray myself as a sore loser! Now its off to find another worthy cause needing a voice!
That statement shows CLASS!!!!!

ckangaroo70 I SALUTE YOU.

Now let's start a new thread to discuss how we could support the US Team.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 AM
50%plane

Now let's start a new thread to discuss how we could support the US Team.

Good idea.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
piper_chuck

...There is no longer a King and Queen of England...
Can someone get a message to Elizabeth that STL has declared that she is no longer the queen!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
STLPilot

Sorry Chuck I thought you understood the point. There is no longer a King and Queen of England by definition. Their role may be King and Queen, but it's not their title.

Also Woops I got your PM: Also, thank-you for your service to America in the U.S.M.C. And, I'll agree with whoever posted, those in the military, or have past military experience are better than most, if not all, citizens of America.

For one thing I don't want your thanks for my service, especially one from a hypocrite who doesn't understand what freedom stands for. You've shown that you have never spent a day in the military and you don't know many people that are in military. Yes I spent some years in the Marines as did many other men and women of this country. In the Marines I was a number with a rifle. I was no better then any single civilian of this country and you can ask ANY soldier in the military where they think they stand in life and I already know what they will say as I have practical experience.

Also Woops. Lets not forget all those cops, fire Fighters and other civilians that give their life for this country. Let's not forget about the coal miners, fisherman, postal workers, school teachers, doctors, construction workers, atheletes and so forth that also give their lives for this country. In fact in the last 10 years alone more then 75,000 men and women have given their lives to this country while on the job. Thats more then both Iraq Wars, Vietnam and Korea combined.

So when you say people in the military are better then civilians, you need to think and look at the grand scheme of things. The military does not make you a better person. Who you are and what you do to contribute make you a better person.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
50%plane

...There is no longer a King and Queen of England...
Can someone get a message to Elizabeth that STL has declared that she is no longer the queen!
LOL

I would have posted that, but he's blocked me and wouldn't realize his mistake. He might of blocked you too.

Woops
Old 01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
piper_chuck

There is no longer a King and Queen of England by definition. Their role may be King and Queen, but it's not their title.
Are you saying Elizabeth's title is not "Queen"?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:49 PM
piper_chuck

For one thing I don't want your thanks for my service, especially one from a hypocrite who doesn't understand what freedom stands for. You've shown that you have never spent a day in the military and you don't know many people that are in military. Yes I spent some years in the Marines as did many other men and women of this country. In the Marines I was a number with a rifle. I was no better then any single civilian of this country and you can ask ANY soldier in the military where they think they stand in life and I already know what they will say as I have practical experience.
Oops, should have commented on this in my last post. Everyone take note, Dion has just announced that the entire US military is yet another group that he claims to be capable of speaking for!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
50%plane

Oops, should have commented on this in my last post. Everyone take note, Dion has just announced that the entire US military is yet another group that he claims to be capable of speaking for!
LOL

The military does not make you a better person. Who you are and what you do to contribute make you a better person.
And THAT,my friend,(better than DOPE huh?) is exactly why you are better than most civilans who haven't served. Most people I know care only about themselves and how to better their lives. Those serving in the Military(U.S.) would give their life for the protection of this freedom and for giving it to others.

Sincerely,
Woops

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.