Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Both American legal residents and citizens
53.45%
Citizens only
46.55%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Old 01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

69 to 58.

Just like a hockey game! It fact the fights get better as they loss becomes worst.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

69 to 58.

Just like a hockey game! It fact the fights get better as they loss becomes worst.

Ha ... they closed your other thread Woops too funny. Next time don't dictate to people what they can and what they can't write. That's very un-American like and against RCU policy.
HA it's now 59 to 69. Feeling the heat?[sm=lol.gif]

Kidding aside, I would have asked that that thread be closed if it hadn't already. The object of that thread was to NOT be about Chip or QQ so that we could come together as Americans(citizens and legal residents) to support our team. You defeated that by not reading my post and posting exactly what I had asked not be posted.

Now back to the topic. I said earlier:
Let's suppose that I(a citizen of the U.S.A.) were to go live in Oslo with Bla bla. Now, we both love airplanes and since we're both excelent pilots,(way better than Chip and QQ combined) we decide to try out for Team Norway.(for F3A. NOT figure skating) Now, I'm a proud citizen of America, and he's a proud citizen of Norway. We both go to the worlds and tie for first place.(both representing Norway)(QQ gets third representing the U.S.A.) We go home in ecstasy. Norway couldn't be prouder.

Is this right? Should I be allowed to fly for Norway, even though, I'm just a resident of Norway?
Later we realized that I had started a business, gotten hitched, and applied for citizenship.
Can you answer the question: Should I be allowed to fly for Team Norway?

Woops
Old 01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

no
Old 01-20-2006, 05:47 AM
STLPilot

Listen I don't really care about what you do in Norway or what their policies towards immigration are. If they support it, I support it, like FAI supports it and Dave Brown supports it and many other sport organizations support it and like the voters of this poll support it.

You would really like Norway though. Just bring some extra sweaters when you go.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:17 AM
50%plane

well then, lets say suppose that Norway loved all the attention from our win that they want to repeat, but I'm back living in the U.S.A. so that I can argue with you here on RCU.(AMA forum especially) We decide that the only way I'll come back is for some money. They then pay me(mre that $5) to come fly for them.(this is all legal) We then repeat this performance and the whole world starts saying how this is rigged.

Is there any problem now?

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 07:23 AM
STLPilot

Why do you constantly want to get into the minds of other people. Why not just deal with the situation and the principle. If you can figure out what goes on inside my head by now, your not very observant.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:42 AM
50%plane

Why do you constantly want to get into the minds of other people. Why not just deal with the situation and the principle.
This is the same principle

If you can figure out what goes on inside my head by now, your not very observant.
LOL

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
50%plane

HA! 62 to 70
Feeling the pressure???
Just kidding.(about the pressure part)

Woops
Old 01-20-2006, 09:53 PM
TheParrot

I'm feeling something...
Old 01-21-2006, 07:20 AM
aerowiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
kennyandannie

ORIGINAL: Watch_ur_6

I'm feeling something...

It's called nausea...
Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
50%plane

Ha ... they closed your other thread Woops too funny. Next time don't dictate to people what they can and what they can't write. That's very un-American like and against RCU policy.
Okay, I'm tired of seeing this without responding. So what if they closed my thread. I was going to ask that it be as you completely derailed it. I asked that the issue that this thread is about not be brought up in it as this is a seperate issue. Why is it un-American to ask about one topic and that a seperate topic not be brought up? Also, where is it against RCU policy???

well then, lets say suppose that Norway loved all the attention from our win that they want to repeat, but I'm back living in the U.S.A. so that I can argue with you here on RCU.(AMA forum especially ) We decide that the only way I'll come back is for some money. They then pay me(mre that $5) to come fly for them.(this is all legal) We then repeat this performance and the whole world starts saying how this is rigged.

Is there any problem now?
I said this earlier and I'm still waiting for a responce. Do you have an opinion on it?

Woops
Old 01-23-2006, 01:26 AM
bobwrc
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: kennyandannie

ORIGINAL: Watch_ur_6

I'm feeling something...

It's called nausea...
Good assessment, but you're much to polite!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

Woops let it go man, he has an agenda just exactly like he accused Chip of having only it is exaclty opposite froms Chips. Think about it he askes for an oppinion from folks then if they dont agree with his way he starts slamming them and telling folks how they are wrong. Dude just let it go and maybe we will get lucky and this stupid as* thread will die and go away
Old 01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: LeeL

Woops let it go man, he has an agenda just exactly like he accused Chip of having only it is exaclty opposite froms Chips. Think about it he askes for an oppinion from folks then if they dont agree with his way he starts slamming them and telling folks how they are wrong. Dude just let it go and maybe we will get lucky and this stupid as* thread will die and go away
LOL
You're right. I guess I just like trying to trip him up again.

Woops
Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 PM
STLPilot

HA!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:02 PM
50%plane

Just in case anyone wants some more info about STLPilot, here's a link:
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=2
that Rick Delten found.

Woops
(now 50%)
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM
STLPilot

Ha nice Google search.

Yes I am one of the original 321 Studios founders, you busted me. For 3 years we LEGALLY sold software under the brand name DVDXCOPY which sold over 2 million copies and was on the store shelves in every major retail chain worldwide including Best Buy, CompUSA and so forth.

Eventually the MPAA shut down the company but the software is still available in other countries.

What other "dirt" can you pull up on me? Do a Google on 321 Studios. I know a thing or two about Intellectual Property Woops.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:15 PM
50%plane

My dirt was what you posted and how you totally contradicted yourself from past positions and it didn't seem to bother you. Kindda like your buddy John Kerry.

Woops
Old 02-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

Woops - do you know what they say about wrestling with a pig?

All others - L O N G Post - so take a nap BEFORE reading.

I have been reading this and other threads, What started out to be a productive discussion on a situation and proposed changes has now become a he said - she said mess.

Therefore, I am going to break your thread request and state the following - I do not personally know Chip Hyde. I've seen him at events and we have passed a hello greeting or nod, but we have never carried on a meaningful conversation. I know QQ and we usually talk at least briefly at any event we both attend. That being said, I am forced to take Chip at his word concerning his intent until someone can show me evidence to the contrary. If this is not about QQ, so be it.

As for citizenship - as a veteran who has fought and bled for this country and one who believes in the TRUE freedoms that many of you flag waving, suedo-patriot, fake principled, loud mouths step on every day - GET BENT !!! Do I have your attention now? Good. US citizenship doesn't make you an "American" and certainly doesn't make you better than any other human being on the planet. The question was posed as simply as citizenship required to represent this country in international competition Yes or No? What does this have to do with an individual’s principles, convictions, beliefs, or character? If "as Americans" you got off the superficial a#@%$! and voted for elected officials based upon qualifications instead of "character - or lack thereof", as a nation we would be in the position our founding fathers envisioned when establishing this experiment. By the way, don't kid yourselves, it is an experiment and the principles, qualities, and values have LEFT the Petri dish.

Chip, Tony Stillman, and others have attempted to rationally state their position. Dave Brown clearly showed his position in SPADES and if all the talk I hear is true, can fit right on in to the paragraph above. The individual organizations are to determine requirements that still fit inside the 3 year residency requirement of the FAI - For us, that means an AMA determination. The FAI's position is a safe stance. Dave Brown's position WOULD have been a safe stance also, but Dave always takes it a step to far. Unlike Dave Brown and siding more to Chip Hyde's definition of that organization - WE, the members, are the AMA. I caution you on this though - individuals can be intelligent, people (group mentality), I have found are ALWAYS stupid.

SO - are WE as members of the organization trying to have a legitimate, rational discussion on a potential change or are you pointing fingers every which way while trying to fool yourselves into believing that you are accomplishing something or making a difference?

Now, why shouldn't a LEGAL resident be allowed to represent? I am not stating my position, I am asking a question. What makes a US Citizen better qualified to represent this country. In many instances the LEGAL resident has a better understanding and more appreciation for the freedoms available - note I said AVAILABLE - not granted or OWED!

Do other countries take this position? I don't know, I am asking - because the major players I have researched don't qualify the citizenship card. What are the pros/cons of each position - I gotta tell ya, I haven't really seen any of that FACTUAL evidence going around. Chip's initial statement was a bit misleading because his position was that as long as RESIDENTS can fly, other qualified people could never make a slot on the team - while I said above that I have to take him at his word since I have not interacted with him directly - ??? That one looks, sounds, and walks like a duck to me. If that intent is true and just, then maybe the qualification and selection process needs to be reviewed instead of just citizenship. I cannot see how the citizenship card changes that one! Well, except for ONE (QQ). How does each position impact other events or organizations? What is the FAR-REACHING scope of these decisions? What is the perception when WE as the land of the free once again shout from the highest mountain top - BUT ONLY US. Or is that NOT IN MY BACKYARD. I get those confused.

Give me some FACTS not opinions - we all know what opinions are like --- and everybody's got one. I have an open mind and am looking for your input. I am initially but one voice - a voice that interacts with MANY. Impress me, and one becomes two, two become four, etc. Show me valid reasons to change what we have and let me evaluate if it is fair and just or if it removes any of those freedoms and opportunities I hold dear. Challenge me or follow me, I care not which - but just don't bore me!

God Bless America – and nobody else. Don’t you see how TOTALLY STUPID that mentality is? Did you know that if you look down on this blue globe we live in you cannot see boarders or boundaries – our even individual people. Boundaries don’t just separate property, they separate human beings from each other and more importantly – from themselves.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:08 AM
50%plane

Are you a lawer? Are you a lawer for NARAL?

just wondering,
50%(now 50%. I was woops a month ago, where have you been)
Old 02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
50%plane

Earlier in one of the threads, STL brought up how few Americans have passports. I countered that I didn't travel internationally and thus didn't need one. However, these post I believe are now eraced. In thinking about it, I realixed that I did, in fact, have a passport[sm=idea.gif], though not valid. Enjoy folks.[sm=lol.gif] I uploaded my passport for ya'll. I hate to admit this[:'(], but that is me.[8D]

50%
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89027.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	411894  
Old 02-24-2006, 05:51 AM
STLPilot

Thanks for posting that, things are a bit more clear. You're fresh out of high school! Things will be more clear when your older and in the work force, you will understand a little bit more what us adults are talking about. I mean Kule came up with that nice, well thought out and obviously educated post and the best you could do is ask if he was a lawyer for NARAL? But don't worry Woops, time is on your side.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:07 AM
50%plane

hehe That's good to know
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
exeter_acres

many things explained now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.