Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Both American legal residents and citizens
53.45%
Citizens only
46.55%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Old 03-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Ok, I must say I am impressed with your ability to stand up and fight for what you believe to be correct. Now for my vote on your poll, I vote for residents as well as citizens should be able to represent the us at international contests. I have always felt this way and anyone that knows me will tell you this.

Your poll is totally different then mine was and I am really surprised that more didn't vote your way. My poll was about the US teams and a specific event "THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Good luck Dion with whatever cause that you know little or nothing about that you decide to fight for next>>>>>>>>btw you claim I said some inaccurate things in my first post. You need to say what it was so I can show that you are once again incorrect.

Chip
Old 03-04-2006, 11:11 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You are right Kangaroo.

Do the same with all professional sports while your at it. Especially our ollympic teams.

Do you solemly swear to win the event ? " YES ". You are now a US citazen.

Win one for the Gripper.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:49 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what you said in your first post and this not correct and also misleading. This is sort of like stuffing the ballot box, wouldn't you say?

Now they want to open the field so that any resident can compete.
This poll was about USA teams as well as any event including the WC's. So if you voted both in this poll, you also voted for the WC's as well.

Just because it's the WC's it has to be different then events leading up to that event? Doesn't really make a lot of sense for a legal resident who is trying to compete in International events for Team USA throughout the year, to work his/her way all the way up to the WC's, then to be told that now they don't rate a spot on the team because only the citizens get to fly for the "Grand Prize". I mean talk about a slap in the face - "Thanks for your contribution to Team USA leading up to this event, but us CITIZENS will take it from here". "Oh, by the way if we don't have enough CITIZENS to field a team, then we'll call you, but don't call us." Doesn't this sound just a little bit ironic to you???

The WC's is not the Olympics nor is it even close. It's not 1:100th of the political or traditional impact that it has on the world. Had we both come up with this poll 10-20-30 years ago I think the results would be much different. But times are changing and you have to adapt. I mean look what Congress did for Tenith Belbin to skate for Team USA in the Olympics. Would they have done something like that 10-20-30 years ago, no way! America as a whole is FINALLY adapting to accept legal residents as Americans and everyone should join in. Even the most popular events in both the summer and winter olympics, gymnastics and figure skating, both allow legal residents to compete for the World Championships for Team USA.

Do you really think that the Dave Brown and Co. are pushing towards legal residents for the WC's because they have a "ringer" like you say. They understand that this is the year 2006 and not 1976. Just like Congress thought it was a good idea to get Tenith Belbin's citizenship expidited for the Olympics. They knew that in the end it was good for everyone just like it will be when QQ flies for Team USA.

Kule's post on the last page summed it up better then any of us and gave the most non biased point of view. Notice he said "LEGAL RESIDENT". "What makes a US Citizen better qualified to represent this country. In many instances the LEGAL resident has a better understanding and more appreciation for the freedoms available - note I said AVAILABLE - not granted or OWED!" Once again, AVAILABLE - not granted or OWED, this means that you can't just take what you think only OWED to you, because it doesn't belong to just you. These freedoms are AVAILABLE to me, you and any other legal resident whom ARE part of this country. No different then a legal residents FREEDOM is to pay our American taxes and to fight and die as Americans on the battlefields.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:02 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We need Sadam Hussian to be on the rules comittie and enfrce the rules.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:13 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

All this over toy airplanes.....[]
Old 03-05-2006, 02:37 PM
J_R

Chip

Nice you can drop into the AMA discussion forum every month or so (11/25/05, 12/18/05, 1/7/06, and 3/4/06). Unfortunate for you to forget to read the several threads you spawned, and to not answer the 30-40 questions asked of you by those that took the time to read your comments. Those comments make apparent your misrepresentations, along with many other inquiries. Not ignoring your hard disk failure, of course, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3989479 .

Apparently, you are unconcerned that the AMA might well lose it’s 501 (c) (3) status, should the AMA attempt to capitulate to your desires. That is, it appears to be in violation of IRS rules for a 501 (c) (3) to discriminate on the basis of national origin. Of course, finding that would require you to read all those threads.

Say, Chip, you don't suppose the results of your initial poll were influenced by the fact that you posted it's existence in a couple of other forums you selected, do you. That is something RCU would not allow most posters to do.

JR

ORIGINAL: Double-vision

Ok, I must say I am impressed with your ability to stand up and fight for what you believe to be correct. Now for my vote on your poll, I vote for residents as well as citizens should be able to represent the us at international contests. I have always felt this way and anyone that knows me will tell you this.

Your poll is totally different then mine was and I am really surprised that more didn't vote your way. My poll was about the US teams and a specific event "THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Good luck Dion with whatever cause that you know little or nothing about that you decide to fight for next>>>>>>>>btw you claim I said some inaccurate things in my first post. You need to say what it was so I can show that you are once again incorrect.

Chip
Old 03-05-2006, 02:59 PM
STLPilot

All this over toy airplanes.....
Walt Disney used to say that "It all started with a mouse". Look how big they are now. Heck Apple is even looking to nab them these days. We keep this thread up maybe Google will take a bid for RCU!

Say, Chip, you don't suppose the results of your initial poll were influenced by the fact that you posted it's existence in a couple of other forums you selected, do you. That is something RCU would not allow most posters to do.
That and many other things. The fact he's a "RC rock star" might of had some influence. The reason he said "Now they want to open the field so that any resident can compete" which is misleading and wrong. Heck the his entire first post he basically begged his pollsters to vote for his cause.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Walt Disney used to say that "It all started with a mouse". Look how big they are now. Heck Apple is even looking to nab them these days. We keep this thread up maybe Google will take a bid for RCU!
Is that why you have yensid rm under your name?
That and many other things. The fact he's a "RC rock star" might of had some influence. The reason he said "Now they want to open the field so that any resident can compete" which is misleading and wrong. Heck the his entire first post he basically begged his pollsters to vote for his cause.
Actually this is completely wrong as I cross posted this poll all over RCU. In all the pilot forums, pattern, vintage pattern, etc.

50%
Old 03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
J_R

Well... Hi there Whoops. Cute new ID.

Perhaps the rules have changed. Perhaps not. I guess we need someone from RCU to set the record straight.

Both Horrace Cain and myself have attempted, over a period of years, to cross post information about items in the AMA forum, including important information about AMA elections. We were told, in no uncertain terms, by RCU representatives, that this was not permissible. The posts were removed. In my case, on every occasion. Can't say for Horrace if all were removed, but I know some were.

Is it because you posted something that Chip supported that caused you to be allowed to do the cross posting? I hope someone form RCU makes the rules on this subject clear. Perhaps the rules have changed. I would hate to think that because one is a member of the RCU staff that there are different rules.

JR

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

Is that why you have yensid rm under your name?
Actually this is completely wrong as I cross posted this poll all over RCU. In all the pilot forums, pattern, vintage pattern, etc.

50%
Old 03-05-2006, 03:32 PM
J_R

Whoops

I have reported these posts, and this situation to RCU and asked them to make clear what the current rule is.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
STLPilot

Chip crossed posted it in his own forums, not completely wrong.

Give 50% a break, err Woops, he's just a kid. Someday he'll get it. Besides, Chip's Woops' idol, nothing wrong with that. Every boy needs a hero.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
J_R

According to RCU's earlier rules, it is wrong. There was not "a little bit pregnant" in the rules. One forum, that was it.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:25 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: J_R

According to RCU's earlier rules, it is wrong. There was not "a little bit pregnant" in the rules. One forum, that was it.

JR is correct on this one. Any cross posting is considered spamming per RCU rules.