Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Unresponsive

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Unresponsive

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unresponsive

Emailed AMA Executive Director 2 weeks ago to find out more information about one of the programs for the club, have yet to hear back. They are there for us!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Unresponsive

I've had some questions for the AMA in several occasions and I always get an answer. Try finding a person in the "contacts" list in the AMA website that has a job description that closely resembles what you are trying to ask.

Just like in any other Chain Of Command, the boss delegates responsibility to their subordinates. Are you expecting the Executive Director to answer your e-mail? Do you think he has time for that? I read the job description when the position was open, and I wondered if the ED ever went home to sleep or eat.....

It was probably passed down to a secretary that in turn passed it to a supervisor, that in turn passed it to......., and being researched. Send the e-mail again using my above suggestion and see how long the answer takes. I bet that it will take less than 3 days.

Rafael
Old 05-22-2007, 04:03 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Be sure to check your spam filter before you issue a public basting. Also may want to pick up phone and call them, some people pay much more attention to email than others.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Silent-AV8R

Pick up the phone and make a toll free call. Ask for Jim Cherry. Berate him for not answering you faster.

What I wonder is what these types of posts are supposed to accomplish??
There is certainly nothing any of us can do to help you get an answer.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Pick up the phone and make a toll free call. Ask for Jim Cherry. Berate him for not answering you faster.

What I wonder is what these types of posts are supposed to accomplish??
There is certainly nothing any of us can do to help you get an answer.
I think his post does contribute useful info. People are different, some responsive to customers, some not. I had occasion to contact Ilona Maine a few weeks ago. She didn't have an immediate answer to my query, but replied immediately telling me who she referred it too. A couple of days later she followed up with the info provided by her 'expert.' That's good service. Members should know who can be counted on to perform well, and not. HQ personnel are supposed to provided services to members, not just the the boss.

Abel
Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Silent-AV8R

I agree, HQ personnel are there to serve the needs of the members. What I fail to understand is how complaining about a perceived lack of service on an internet forum accomplishes anything. Is the original poster even certain that Jim Cherry received his email?? That is why I suggested a simple toll free phone call over venting on the Internet.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:48 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I think the AMA has gone well above the norm in listing proper contact information on their website. Rarely do you see direct phone numbers extensions and email addresses which represent the issue you seek to be solved or addressed. Whenever I've contacted the AMA I've gone directly to the proper person and it's worked every time.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

If someone gives you a penny for your thoughts right after you give your .02 .......who keeps the penny ????

John

Man.... this is a hobby...why all the grief thoughout this forum ??

Edit do to the fact that i can "speel"
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
LANNYBOB

if ama is here for us why dont they respond to email's. huh? i want answers
Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

I sent an email to the CEO of Diamler Chrysler and never heard back... I want my money back
Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

I sent an email to the CEO of Diamler Chrysler and never heard back... I want my money back

VHAT? Dr. Z did not answa you? Ve have vays of egnoring yor email!! Now, I order you to sing "De Iron Boot" for me!! [8D]
Old 05-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

Emailed AMA Executive Director 2 weeks ago to find out more information about one of the programs for the club, have yet to hear back. They are there for us!!!

Read the ED's article in your June MA (No-Got: Check the web site) Mr. Cherry gives you all the answers to your questions.

Troops, I think AMA has a Winner ED here. Let's hope we can hold on to him. He needs an EC that appreciates him.
Election time is almost here. It's time to move. Have you nominated anyone yet? Get 'em in. Time is running out.