Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why did you vote for ...

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why did you vote for ...

Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you vote for ...

DM, because he lives in NY. Actually I would have taken anyone from New England, NY, PA, Jersey, DE, certain parts of MD near the shore.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
JUGFLIER

Default RE: Why did you vote for ...

Horrace Cain on a write in. Would like to see more than lip service to the issues at hand.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

Horrace Cain on a write in. Would like to see more than lip service to the issues at hand.
I think you mean the issues being handed over. From what Hoss tells us sometime ago MA has never ran independent and profitable since it's rollout. That particular issue will continue to carry over to generation to generation, which is great for a crowd like this, we'll just keep complaining about it over and over and over ....
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I voted for ...............the other guy.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
KidEpoxy

Jug-
AMA elections dont have issues.

Having issues with something the AMA does, or should be doing, is hating the AMA,
and you wont see nominated folks hating the ama.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM
markhughey

I hope the new guy gets rid of whiners and complainers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the rest can just enjoy the HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Jug-

Having issues with something the AMA does, or should be doing, is hating the AMA,
Who ever said the AMA didn't have issues? The magazine is just not one of them. MA has been in the red since day one and they knew that going into it. Magazines that are profitable have subscribers, they pay money on top of advertising rates. You should re-read your future presidents comments on the MA "issue". He seems to have a firm grasp on reality. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Now something like declining memberships, that's an issue. All of the candidates have voiced their opinions on that as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
The Toolman

We are subscibers, at $28 per year. The wifes membership was $30 without the mag. Whats your answer to that?

Ronnie
Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Jug-

Who ever said the AMA didn't have issues? The magazine is just not one of them. MA has been in the red since day one and they knew that going into it. Magazines that are profitable have subscribers, they pay money on top of advertising rates. You should re-read your future presidents comments on the MA "issue". He seems to have a firm grasp on reality. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Now something like declining memberships, that's an issue. All of the candidates have voiced their opinions on that as well.
STL: "The magazine is just not one of them. MA has been in the red since day one and they knew that going into it."

Well, either they DID NOT KNOW, or John Worth, Don Lowe, the late Carl Wheely and several others were lying through their teeth as they were telling the several that were against MA that they, the rocket scientists so named, were going to make enough money with MA so that there would never be any more AMA dues increases, and that was back in '79. It's apparent that you, stl, and those named here will never be significantly successful in the rocket-science business, because you certainly have not figured out anything beyond emotional rhetoric. [>:]

STL: "Now something like declining memberships, that's an issue. All of the candidates have voiced their opinions on that as well."

"Voiced their OPINIONS" Well stl, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so you get a credit here. Yep, they each voiced an opinion, but none have a clue as to how they are going to do anything to correct or redirect AMA from it's route of circles. Oh they have taken up some of my terms such as "worthwhile recreational sport" that I used some 7 years ago and since, plus media promotion which I started pushing while running for EVP, and a number of others phrases that I coined. You know I do feel rather good as it has been written that copying one is a great form of flattery.
Yes, they have voiced opinions but no concrete plans of action. If they had any plans for action, then what the _ell have they been doing these past 6-10 years? [:@]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 AM
KidEpoxy

Toolman-
Check out the Nov07 pg175 gray block text.

Now, lets get back to the who's & why's
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
STL: "The magazine is just not one of them. MA has been in the red since day one and they knew that going into it."

Well, either they DID NOT KNOW, or John Worth, Don Lowe, the late Carl Wheely and several others were lying through their teeth as they were telling the several that were against MA that they, the rocket scientists so named, were going to make enough money with MA so that there would never be any more AMA dues increases, and that was back in '79. It's apparent that you, stl, and those named here will never be significantly successful in the rocket-science business, because you certainly have not figured out anything beyond emotional rhetoric. [>:]
Right, thanks for confirming that this "problem" has been going on since 1979. And also for pointing out that the pioneers that envisioned this AMA "cash cow" couldn't influence companies to spend more money then they were willing to give. But at least the produced a great magazine, absorbed the costs of the required newsletter and best of all, their legacy will continue.

But the thing that amuses me the most about your point of view is your theory, the AMA keeps rates lower then they can get and have doing this since 1979? 28 years and nobody figured that out that all you need to do is increase rates?

But the bottom line is this Hoss and you CAN'T take this fact away ... MA costs each member .66 a month shipped to the door. So maybe they didn't hit their goal and maybe they didn't expect more competition, afterall the AMA is the organization that sparked all this competition in the industry so maybe they shot themselves in the foot, but at least they continue to do what they said they were going to do, publish the best magazine in the industry which INCLUDES the bylaw requirements of published AMA docs to their members.

So big deal you've exploited the obvious and banked your election campaign on a fact which everyone already knows since 1979, AMA members subsidize the magazine. I think the right politician will soon be in the drivers seat and he'll give you a little lesson on conservative progress, just like Jim Cherry is starting to do.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
KidEpoxy

We just got a Why from 50% in the other thread,
and while I was about to comment on it there , I figured that line of chat would not fit there as well as it fits here.

From 50% in Who did you vote for:
Oh well, I would have voted for Hoss, but since he's not running as a write in, I decided to vote for someone on the ticket
and that point will be greatly overlooked by the Anti-Hoss crowd.
They will count your vote for Mathewson as another vote against Hoss, more datapoints in how unelectable he is.... even in elections he is not running in.

First hand evidence why being kept off the ballot is ruining the election... here is a guy that didnt vote for the person he wanted to, because of the nomination gang killing the potential candidates chance of winning.

50%-
You could have written in Hoss anyways. Since DM will run away with the election (one horse race) you could have voiced you Pro-Hoss stance without losing your second choice. A bunch of folks did just that in the Govenator election by voting for Mclintock after Arnie had an insane lead, just to show their party what folks still believe in. Sure DM will get 60-70%, but make it clear that WriteIn will beat the other guys by double the votes. But the tally will now show you as not wanting a WriteIn, and some folks have already begun commenting on the low turnout for WriteIn, despite your true desires.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

KE, I would have written in Hoss if he hadn't said not to vote for him. I'm not a huge fan of write-ins, however, with the AMA, I would write in anybody that could do the job. So far, I'm not impressed with anyone on the ticket. I'm thinking about a real write-in next year. I can see it on teh faces of the numbskullled idiots that live in Muncie when they find out that the new AMA president(next time around is, in fact

scroll down....

Billy Hell

Only if he's willing though.

hopefully more to come....
50%

p.s. I'm not a Billy Hell fan. However, he represents a group of folks that have been $h!t on by the AMA for some time. It would be priceless to see. I know one thing, He'd get the AMA more in 20'th century(as opposed to the 19'th century)

edit: yes, I know it's the 21'st century
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I'm not a Billy Hell fan. However, he represents a group of folks that have been $h!t on by the AMA for some time. It would be priceless to see. I know one thing, He'd get the AMA more in 20'th century(as opposed to the 19'th century)
50%,

How is it that you figure that the profile and 3-D flyers have been dumped on? By the AMA or anyone else. Jim Graham represents the Profile Brotherhood. The flying style that these flyers subscribe to does not blend well with established traffic patterns, or mainstream flying. That is why they have not been well received at various flying fields. You can't forget the attitude thing either. When asked not to take up the runway for their entire flight, rather than moving from the active runway, they proceeded to continue to fly there, disrupting everyone else who needed to land, or wanted to take off. This has been adequately covered time and again, but it still comes up. I used to live close to Jim, but, I did not fly at the field where the profilers flew. It wasn't worth the arguing just to fly close to home. I too own a profile plane, and don't see what all the stir is about. It flys well, but, it's not scale, which is my thing.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 10-28-2007, 01:50 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I'm not a Billy Hell fan. However, he represents a group of folks that have been $h!t on by the AMA for some time. It would be priceless to see. I know one thing, He'd get the AMA more in 20'th century(as opposed to the 19'th century)
50%,

How is it that you figure that the profile and 3-D flyers have been dumped on? By the AMA or anyone else. Jim Graham represents the Profile Brotherhood. The flying style that these flyers subscribe to does not blend well with established traffic patterns, or mainstream flying. That is why they have not been well received at various flying fields. You can't forget the attitude thing either. When asked not to take up the runway for their entire flight, rather than moving from the active runway, they proceeded to continue to fly there, disrupting everyone else who needed to land, or wanted to take off. This has been adequately covered time and again, but it still comes up. I used to live close to Jim, but, I did not fly at the field where the profilers flew. It wasn't worth the arguing just to fly close to home. I too own a profile plane, and don't see what all the stir is about. It flys well, but, it's not scale, which is my thing.

Bill, AMA 4720

Stickbuilder,

Come on down to Propbusters in Lakeland Florida for our 4th Annual Pro-Bro fly-in on December 1,2. Bring that profile and I guarantee you will have a ball. Good guys, Good flying, Good times.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:54 PM
STLPilot

Pro Bros being shat on, try again. Yeah I really dig their publicized 18 and up only website and publish their articles with links to that site in a "family magazine".

Search for the 7 dirty words in their search function and see what you come up with. Lots of nice things they have to say there.

BH as AMA President, yeah and the first thing he'll do is try to move Muncie somewhere inside Guyana.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:01 PM
remcl1

Pro Bros being shat on, try again. Yeah I really dig their publicized 18 and up only website and publish their articles with links to that site in a "family magazine".

Search for the 7 dirty words in their search function and see what you come up with. Lots of nice things they have to say there.

BH as AMA President, yeah and the first thing he'll do is try to move Muncie somewhere inside Guyana.

You are just mad because you got kicked out of the Brotherhood. Now that is something to be proud of: a real group of degenerates that are so bad that they wont have you as a member. That says a lot for you.

The Brothers registered on the site are supposed to be over 18 and guess what there are plenty of family members over 18. Don't see any conflict there.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:05 PM
STLPilot

Kicked out of the Brotherhood? How does one get kicked out? In fact how do you become a member, just signing up on their website, that's it? If that's the fact then I'm a member of 1000 other websites too. That's a lot of handshakes to remember.

And the reason it's 18 and up is because of the trash talking and foul mouthing that you guys use to help promote the 18 and over RC flying club, you don't need to try to sugar coat it. The search feature tells all.

Oh and by the way I've never been banned for more then a couple weeks from that site. You know and I know they love when I post over there, it's purest form of entertainment for them. The only people that get banned over there are under 18, after the find out how old they are. Of course anyone can just simply the over 18 check box, or just browse without signing up.

If Billy Hell wanted to remove the bad language it's as simple as adding the filter to the administration panel in just a few mouse clicks. But nope, he prefers the trash talk, thus he promotes foul language. But hey saying the f-word and a lot more is important to the bros for some odd reason, other then trying to promote themselves to the entire family. But hey other websites allow foul language in public, so why shouldn't they???
Old 10-28-2007, 02:23 PM
remcl1

Kicked out of the Brotherhood? How does one get kicked out? In fact how do you become a member, just signing up on their website, that's it? If that's the fact then I'm a member of 1000 other websites that I didn't even know I was a member. Sorry, but I never did the Pro Bro monkey dance.

And the reason it's 18 and up is because of the trash talking and foul mouthing filth that you guys use to help promote the 18 and over RC flying club.

Let's start the countdown till this thread closes, we know how RCU feels about "you guys".
The Brotherhood is a fraternal organization not just a group of guys that post on a site. That is why we have Pro-Bro flyins. That way you can meet the guys you hang on-line with. The foul mouthing and the filth is sometimes too much for me, but you have to take the good with the bad. There is lots of great information on that site. In reality the bad language is few and far between. Again it is sour grapes on your part.

If this thread closes it will be because you started the personal attacks. Yes bad mouthing the Brotherhood is a personal attack to each one of us.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: remcl1
If this thread closes it will be because you started the personal attacks. Yes bad mouthing the Brotherhood is a personal attack to each one of us.
Uggha chugga uggha chugga ...

Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 PM
KidEpoxy

hmmm,
perhaps we need to get Billy Hell in on the Jug/Hoss ProAMA combo party ticket,
to grab more districts VP seats.

still wouldnt be as bad as a certain political party claiming to represent both the union lumberjacks & the owl saver enviofreaks

Why vote the ProAMA ticket when the time comes?
Odds will be somebody you like is on it somewhere, and in unity of outcasts is strength.
Billy Hell as a DVP wouldnt be able to do much against the AMA MuncieMachine, but ProAMA teammember DVP BillyHell would have better support from the other ProAMA teammember DVPs in the Great Seat Grab Stealth Write-In
Old 10-28-2007, 03:18 PM
remcl1

hmmm,
perhaps we need to get Billy Hell in on the Jug/Hoss ProAMA combo party ticket,
to grab more districts VP seats.

still wouldnt be as bad as a certain political party claiming to represent both the union lumberjacks & the owl saver enviofreaks

Why vote the ProAMA ticket when the time comes?
Odds will be somebody you like is on it somewhere, and in unity of outcasts is strength.
Billy Hell as a DVP wouldnt be able to do much against the AMA MuncieMachine, but ProAMA teammember DVP BillyHell would have better support from the other ProAMA teammember DVPs in the Great Seat Grab Stealth Write-In
That is interesting, but I don't think BH would run against DM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

50%,

Bill, AMA 4720
Stick, you said it perfectly. Your gripe is everywhere that I've been. I'd say that 99- 100% of the AMA leaders feel the same. That's why I'd do a write in for Mr. Graham. I do fly 3D. In fact, I love 3D, but I fly everything from vintage to 3D. The fact that Mr. Graham is hated for what he has become known for is exactly why I'd vote for him. How, On the pro bro's. For some reason, I can't post anymore. I believe it's called an unofficial ban. I really don't care anymore. What STL said about the site is the reason I don't visit that site in a public place, hence the reason I didn't login for months and when I came back I had been accused unjustly and was unable to respond.

That's all beans though. Billy Hell does represent the 3D pilots, whether we like it or not. I've asked some older AMA members about 3D and they are always quick to diss Billy Hell. What has he done? not much. He's helped bring 3D into the spotlight by his hard work. If it weren't for him, many novice pilots wouldn't even consider 3D. I know I wouldn't be as good of a pilot if it weren't for him.

50%

Old 10-31-2007, 02:14 PM
95tequesta

their are people out there who don't understand the Brotherhood. One old fool. said, that it was stupid that all you did to become a brother was to join a site that did nothing but allow 7 dirty word. What an idiot, you don't have to join the site to be a bro, you have to believe that you are one."

This site is the worst about bashing that I have seen. Even the one who said the above is guilty of it in his own words on this thread. He or she (who can tell), must have been one of those kids who always got picked on and never included in anything. Go cry to yo mama!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
95tequesta

The flying style that these flyers subscribe to does not blend well with established traffic patterns, or mainstream flying.
Bill, AMA 4720

WHAT? and the 30%er's and larger do this. So if QuiQue, Mike McConville, Mark Leesberg, Jason Noll, or any of the other professional rc pilots out there wanted to fly at your field, you wouldn't let them because their flying style "does not blend well with established traffic patterns, or mainstream flying."

Sounds like we have a bunch of cliches, with a bunch of GOBs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.