Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

It's QUIZ time again!

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

It's QUIZ time again!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It's QUIZ time again!

Well now for all that love this forum, here is a short QUIZ to let you know just how much you know about my favorite AMA subject, the magazine Model Aviation (MA).

The October 2007 issue of MA is the basis for these questions.

1. How many issues of MA were publishesd nearest to that date? ....135, 000, ....150,249....165,872, .....139,246 ?

2. How many paid subscription copies mailed?................................135,000, ....150,349, ....165,765,.....137,811 ?

3. How many Paid Distribution copies outside the mail?....................135,246.......2541, .........151,.............576 ?

4. How many total paid copies distributed?...................................... 136,000......140,353.......137,962,...138,387 ?

5 How many total copies were distributed?...................................... 138,099......143, 199......139246.....138,514 ?

6. Were there any undistributed issues?...........................Yes? ............... N0?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:01 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's QUIZ time again!

Yeah!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12223.gif
Views:	12
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	795254  
Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

Yeah!

Heres the award....

Ronnie

Name:	He97143.gif
Views:	18
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	795274  
Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Hoss question. Do you want MA to become a commercial magazine and be made readily and easily available to anyone? You know like in Barnes and Noble and wherever other commercial RC magazines are sold?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Hossfly

To STL; If the magazine is to be a commercial type magazine as it is, YES, get it out beyond the Choir. Bring in those new members. MAN, FLYRC, and even Flying Models can do it. Why the Frap can't AMA do it?
Actually STL, you again disappoint me as I really was banking on you to be able to answer my quizz right up front. Oh Well!

To toolman and exter, typical inability to answer the question, but always ready with the wise cracks. I knew some kids like that way back in high school. Maybe they are still there. [>:]
Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
KidEpoxy

oooh,oooh

I wanna try takng a stab at #6
---- Yes, there are copies that have not be distributed.

Dont they have 'back issues' for sale? So I figure they must have some left over to be sold as back issues.
Well, am I right or can I take another guess (or two )?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
To STL; If the magazine is to be a commercial type magazine as it is, YES, get it out beyond the Choir. Bring in those new members. MAN, FLYRC, and even Flying Models can do it. Why the Frap can't AMA do it?
Actually STL, you again disappoint me as I really was banking on you to be able to answer my quizz right up front. Oh Well!
Is that what the NRA does with their magazines? I know the EAA doesn't.

Personally I'd go either way on the idea, each way has their positive and negative impact. However you would instantly lose those members that joined the AMA heavily weighted on the fact who joined just for the magazine. Especially those old timers that don't do much flying, but join just to be a member and to keep them in touch with the happenings of the AMA. They could just grab it off the shelf.

The magazine is supposed to be a member benefit and is supposed to add value to the membership as an exclusive product. But then again anything that helps drive revenues would be beneficial as well. I would predict the move as a complete washout if it were made.

I don't think it's worth the added investment to find out if it would work or not. I don't know if you know this Hoss, but if you put your rags on the shelves at Barnes and Noble and most of the larger rag stands, you get to buy them all back if they don't sell through.

As far as your quiz, no thanks. The first 2 posts ... ditto.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
KidEpoxy

neato,
I answered one question, and my prize was the rest of the answers.

Thanx Hoss
While the info we got is kinda fun,
wouldnt mind seeing them give the actual Non-Member purchace count,
the guys that just subscribe to the $36 magazine ...
Isnt that just part of Paid Subscribtions Mailed ?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sincerely would like to know where else in RC universe you guys hang out at. I mean, if you follow my name, you will see a heavy participation at other forums, specially helicopter forums. I have seen some of you at those other forums, but sincerely I yet have to see some of you outside of the AMA forum. Maybe it's time to go into the profile area and find out where you guys hang out. Look at the previous I have made in this forum (AMA) I still feel the same way.

Rafael
Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
STLPilot

Why does anyone need to talk about RC airplanes on the Internet? All that fun is done in between the hobby shop to the basement and then out onto the field. Here on the Internet I just like to talk about politics with my friends from the deep south.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
decay

My LHS always has MA on their rack.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Hossfly

STL: "Here on the Internet I just like to talk about politics with my friends from the deep south."
Then why are you posting here in my thread? You obviously cannot answer the questions. You tried to sidetrack the subject of the thread to protect your inability to answer.
I live in Texas, which learned people associate with the Southwest. Therefore TX is not part of the deep south and your other stated requirement also fails. In addition talking politics does require some research every so often.
You probably have the Muncie crowd laughing themselves half to death because you can't answer these few simple questions, especially DB who you have run down fairly well.
Oh, I suspect if you called any AMA Staff person, they could fill you in on the answers, but then they already know about the egg on your face, so you can do that.
STL, don't worry, your inferiority complex isn't really a complex at all.

edited; typo
Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I will go watch epoxy cure.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 AM
DelRay

Nah, I'd rather watch grass grow, but it's about done doing that, so it's gotta be watch paint dry.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 AM
STLPilot

Then why are you posting here in my thread? You obviously cannot answer the questions. You tried to sidetrack the subject of the thread to protect your inability to answer.
I live in Texas, which learned people associate with the Southwest. Therefore TX is not part of the deep south and your other stated requirement also fails. In addition talking politics does require some research every so often.
You probably have the Muncie crowd laughing themselves half to death because you can't answer these few simple questions, especially DB who you have run down fairly well.
Oh, I suspect if you called any AMA Staff person, they could fill you in on the answers, but then they already know about the egg on your face, so you can do that.
Laughing at me? I wonder how hard they laughed when they heard you wanted to run for president. Guess loud enough to keep you away from any attempt of getting close enough to destroy their hard work on the magazine.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I think I will go watch epoxy cure.
Good idea Jim. that is probably the most productive thing that you CAN do.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: DelRay

Nah, I'd rather watch grass grow, but it's about done doing that, so it's gotta be watch paint dry.
Wish that were true here. Been raking and mowing 2 partial days, with more to do tommorow. At least you will find something you CAN do, since the Quiz is beyond your scope.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Laughing at me? I wonder how hard they laughed when they heard you wanted to run for president. Guess loud enough to keep you away from any attempt of getting close enough to destroy their hard work on the magazine.
Hey, STL, I have no doubt they laughed big time. After what all I have said about those folks, they had a great chance to get even. What else would a learned person expect?
EC -- hard work! Now I laugh. Ron kurek owns them heart and soul, but then puppets come cheap.

The membership had another chance to get some changes. Very few cared enough to nominate me and demand the EC place me on the ballot, so now those that sat on their behinds and did nothing get what they deserve - SOS-DD.
As for me, the EC actually did me a favor. I no longer have to give a SXXT about their plight so I went out and got a new toy and already having fun with it.

By the way STL, my fun time Quiz here has proven that no one reads the magazine, so check out page 145, Nov. 07 MA, and there the answers are staring you in the face. I guess you guys just like the pictures as you have well demonstrated here that 3rd grade basic reading has gone well over your head.

New Toy, paid cash, and back to my old fun.

Name:	Ay75567.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	796336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75515.jpg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	796337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91375.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	796338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm30845.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	796339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34229.jpg
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	796340  
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 AM
KidEpoxy

What kind of camper is that one being pulled by the boat in pic#1?
I didnt know you could put a 5th wheel on a bass boat

wow, that boat must use a whole lotta ganged hi-torque servos to on the rudder channel... can we use 2.4g for surface RC or did you get a new tx for it?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

By the way STL, my fun time Quiz here has proven that no one reads the magazine, so check out page 145, Nov. 07 MA, and there the answers are staring you in the face. I guess you guys just like the pictures as you have well demonstrated here that 3rd grade basic reading has gone well over your head.

New Toy, paid cash, and back to my old fun.
Horrace, sometimes I wonder. You opened this thread with "Well now for all that love this forum, here is a short QUIZ to let you know just how much you know about my favorite AMA subject, the magazine Model Aviation (MA).

The October 2007 issue of MA is the basis for these questions. "

Then you reveal "By the way STL, my fun time Quiz here has proven that no one reads the magazine, so check out page 145, Nov. 07 MA, and there the answers are staring you in the face."

Are all the fish you catch really RED HERRINGS?

You use to make a lot of sense, but now are giving us some real reasons to wonder
Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well now for all that love this forum, here is a short QUIZ to let you know just how much you know about my favorite AMA subject, the magazine Model Aviation (MA).

The October 2007 issue of MA is the basis for these questions.

1. How many issues of MA were publishesd nearest to that date? ....135, 000, ....150,249....165,872, .....139,246 ?

2. How many paid subscription copies mailed?................................135,000, ....150,349, ....165,765,.....137,811 ?

3. How many Paid Distribution copies outside the mail?....................135,246.......2541, .........151,.............576 ?

4. How many total paid copies distributed?...................................... 136,000......140,353.......137,962,...138,387 ?

5 How many total copies were distributed?...................................... 138,099......143, 199......139246.....138,514 ?

6. Were there any undistributed issues?...........................Yes? ............... N0?
Horrace,

1. 139,246

2. 137,811

3. 576

4. 138,387

5. 138,514

6. Yes, 732

Now, back at you...How much does it cost to repair a stripped glow plug threas in the cylinder head of an O.S. 120 4 stroke engine. Now that is something that someone should care about.

I didn't sit on my duff and do nothing when the AMA was accepting nominations for the Presidency. If you will remember there was someone from outside your district who did support you. Yeah, someone from the deep South, and No, Texas does not qualify as the Deep South.

Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me twice, Shame on me. I'm sure glad to see what hen house you roost in.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 AM
kid chuckles

edited cause it wasn't nice lol. nice fish though.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
DelRay

You're right Horrace, the quiz was way beyond me without going and looking for the answers, and to be honest, I was too lazy to do that. I wasn't inferring that your post was boring or not of interest, I was just making a fun attempt at an option to watching epoxy cure. About those pics you posted, something looks a little fishy to me there. Nice pics, looks like another enjoyable hobby. Jim
Old 11-04-2007, 11:09 AM
STLPilot

Interesting method of therapy, kick and scream and then show off your other toys. Well I guess it's like you already said ... it's your thread, I guess since you started it you can take us in any direction you want now??

And I wouldn't blaming the EC for your failure to get on the ballot. If I were you I'd be looking more towards Johnny Karma or Fred Destiny as to whom may have played larger role on keeping you as far away from Muncie as possible.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:17 AM
KidEpoxy

Red-
Are you just upset that the numbers Hoss put up might not be for the October Issue?

Are you saying the numbers are for the September issue and not the October?
What point are you trying to make?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.