Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What Would YOU Do If You Were On The EC?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What Would YOU Do If You Were On The EC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What Would YOU Do If You Were On The EC?

KE keep this list preserved. The possibility still exists that these ideas just may be called into play. Excellent stuff here.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Bob Mitchell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
Good ploy! Most politicians love to sidetrack the issue/s when they are forced into a defensive arena from their personal favorites.
So, trying to get a thread started with some positive ideas for increasing membership is a BAD idea? Asking for such ideas is an attempt to sidetrack the discussions on PPP? Horrace, that's just silly.

For myself I have stated such in many places, but what the heck, once more can't hurt. So repeated at bottom of this post.
Interesting. The question posed in the thread asked for some specific suggestions on what might be done to promote AMA membership. I don't see any such in your response, Horrace. All you did was post your campaign propaganda, which has been posted and reposted already on this board. I sure the readers will note that there are no specific suggestions contained in your response. Just your boilerplate "assist in development of ........." .

Do you HAVE any specific ideas on improving membership numbers? It looks to me like you apparently don't and I wonder why you even bothered to jump into what for a while at least, was a positive thread and not the usual BS. Given your vast experience and involvement I would think you would certainly have some ideas as to what might be done to turn around or at least stem the tide of decreasing membership numbers.

Why not share those ideas as the previous posters in the thread have done?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Bob Mitchell

KE keep this list preserved. The possibility still exists that these ideas just may be called into play. Excellent stuff here.
Interesting, Horrace. Just a few hours earlier you labeld the thread as a political "ploy" to divert discussion away from PPP. Now suddenly it becomes a thread with "ideas just may be called into play. Excellent stuff here." Which is it?

Not sure if you are referring to the thread as a whole or just KE's comments in his most recent posting. In either case, though, it was in response to the original question.

Does the right side of your mouth know what the left side has been saying?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Jim Thomerson

Agree with one of KidEpoxy's earlier posts. The major thing the AMA does for me is sanction contests, maintain rules, and record records. I think a certain number of PF folks will want this AMA function for their own interests. I think it wouldn't hurt to let the park fliers know that they can have AMA sanctioned competitions if they wish.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
KidEpoxy

STL
Apparently the AMA has done a fine job in protecting RC frequencies without the need of setting up a lobby arm for the last 70 years
When I can choose to listen to your interpretation & guesses
of whether a lobby arm would have made it easier to get the 72mhz freqs back then,
OR I can choose to listen to one of the guys that was actually getting us the freqs back then,
I will tend to believe the guy that actually did it rather than a guy imagining & guessing what it was like.

If the guy that actually had to deal with getting the 72s says he would like a lobby arm,
I believe him more than the guy that didnt fight to get freqs saying what we do & dont need.
Your ability to get things from the government is exemplified by the Central Park Flying club you've been creating for the past few years. Hoss got the freqs from the gov, have you gotten the Central Park club yet?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

STL
Apparently the AMA has done a fine job in protecting RC frequencies without the need of setting up a lobby arm for the last 70 years
of whether a lobby arm would have made it easier to get the 72mhz freqs back then,
OR I can choose to listen to one of the guys that was actually getting us the freqs back then,
I will tend to believe the guy that actually did it rather than a guy imagining & guessing what it was like.

If the guy that actually had to deal with getting the 72s says he would like a lobby arm,
I believe him more than the guy that didnt fight to get freqs saying what we do & dont need.
Your ability to get things from the government is exemplified by the Central Park Flying club you've been creating for the past few years. Hoss got the freqs from the gov, have you gotten the Central Park club yet?
Hoss got the freqs all on his own, and now the AMA has them and now he wants to lobby to do what? What does he want to fight against? Lobbyists don't sit around and raise money for the boy scouts, they fight politicians in Washington DC to get something back or something being taken from them. There is no need for a lobby arm, lobbyists are not exactly "red carpeted" in DC. Besides DM is at the helm and not Hoss.

Also it appears that you know a lot about me and my failures but do you also know I started the worlds first in-school hobby based franchise program for children. You know that I was the USA #1 distributor of Aerofly Pro for a few years. I helped OMP become a famous brand name in the retail market. I started TMProUSA and distribute for TMPro. I've consulted for another half dozen or so RC companies, many of which have gone on to deliver you some great products. I've written some magazine reviews for RCU and other publications. So yes you know I didn't get CP site going yet, but tell me Kid name 1 thing we know about you starting with your first and last name.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Jim Thomerson

That's all well and good, STLPilot, but what I really want to know about is your activities in flying control line. Just kidding, of course.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Hossfly

deleted. bad words.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Hossfly

Not sure if you are referring to the thread as a whole or just KE's comments in his most recent posting. In either case, though, it was in response to the original question.
@1 Clue: Post was noted "In reply to KidEpoxy." #2 Clue: First statement was, "KE keep this list preserved...."

If you have trouble determing where the reference applies, then you really need help far beyond my ability to assist you.
Still, I wish you well as you may not be as sick as I think you are. [>:]
Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Bob Mitchell

If you have trouble determing where the reference applies, then you really need help far beyond my ability to assist you.
Still, I wish you well as you may not be as sick as I think you are. [>:]
Nice, Horrace. Certainly one of your more objectional personal attacks. That kinda stuff will go down real well with the EC and will go a long way towards helping them see things your way.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

I don't think so yet. Out of 15 posts, I only see about 7 or 8 ideas so far.

Well shucks.

If we ever do decide on something I'm here to help.

Frank
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Bob Mitchell

By the way, you never did indicate whether the thread is a political "ploy" to divert discussion from the PPP as you said early this morning, or is drawing comments containing "excellent stuff here" as you said just a few hours later.

Can't be both Horrace. Did you have a change of heart?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Maybe his response was a political ploy to divert his answering your question.

At any rate, he has ordered his campaign secretary to record this thread.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Robotech
Maybe his response was a political ploy to divert his answering your question.
At any rate, he has ordered his campaign secretary to record this thread.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
KidEpoxy

Robo
I'm scrolling back thru the thread,
and I just cant seem to find any post by you suggesting what you'd like to do if you were on the EC.

You & STL didnt even try to post a constructive positive contribution to the topic,
but just stopped by to stir the pot & foster more negativity in the forum.

Would you at least TRY to be constructive before dragging yet another thread down in flames.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
STLPilot

Robo
I'm scrolling back thru the thread,
and I just cant seem to find any post by you suggesting what you'd like to do if you were on the EC.

You & STL didnt even try to post a constructive positive contribution to the topic,
but just stopped by to stir the pot & foster more negativity in the forum.

Would you at least TRY to be constructive before dragging yet another thread down in flames.
It's funny how you always post these derail comments on the pages after your own derails. Revert to post 24 and then edit the post before this one.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

STL....

Kind of a play on themes, but if you had a brain would you take it out and play with it?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

By the way, you never did indicate whether the thread is a political "ploy" to divert discussion from the PPP as you said early this morning, or is drawing comments containing "excellent stuff here" as you said just a few hours later.
Must you always be wrong? I replied to you early on as you changed your direction. Do you take you cues from anothe DA national candidate that has no clue as to where he is, much less where he wants to go?
Later in the discussions along the thread, I replied to KE as he made some good comments. Man you call my posts BS, well sonny boy, I must hand it to you as you top me there in that BS department.[>:]

Can't be both Horrace. Did you have a change of heart?
No changes here. I can have what I said in any number of ways I choose. You should have learned by now that it takes something far beyond such as you and yours to cower this person down. OTOH when I am wrong, I try to admit so.
However, if you were smart, you wouldn't be so much fun to play with.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

STL....

Kind of a play on themes, but if you had a brain would you take it out and play with it?

Bill, AMA 4720
Au contraire mon frair, however I do prefer my backbone to your brain. You may have a brain, however that computer screen acts as you backbone. But I guess that's why they say there is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

STL....

Bill, AMA 4720
Au contraire mon frair, however I do prefer my backbone to your brain. You may have a brain, however that computer screen acts as you backbone. But I guess that's why they say there is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man.
Come on down Bubba. I have an old fashioned woodshed education waiting for you.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

There seems to be some different views as to Horraces claim about getting the frequencies.

- Original Message -
To: Red Scholefield
Cc: Fred Marks ; Bob Aberle
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Obtaining present R/C frequencies

Red:

Horrace Cain had nothing what so ever to do with our obtaining the additional channels on 72 and 75 MHz. As you know I wrote the Phase In Plan. The two people that had the most to do with getting these frequencies were Bob Aberle and John Worth. In 1982 Bob was the Chairman of the Frequency Committee and John was the AMA Executive Director. John Grigg was AMA President.

The members of the "Committee" at that time were Bob Aberle, Dick Jansson, Walt Good, Bill Hershberger, Butch Lanterman, Fred Marks, Dave Brown, Torrey Williams, George Myers and Jack Albrecht....... I still have all of our AMA Frequency Committees correspondence files from those years, that Bob turned over to me, and Horrace Cains name is not mentioned in any one of them.

Jack R. Albrecht
[email protected]
Airtronics Technical Support
800-262-1178

- Original Message -
To: Red Scholefield
Cc: Bob Aberle ; Warren Plohr ; Bob Underwood ; John Worth ; Don Lowe ; Jack R. Albrecht
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: Obtaining present R/C frequencies

Red,

Horace was a pain who tried to use the fequency issue to get himself reelected to a VP. He had zero to do with our getting the frequencies and it is an affront to the members of the committee who worked so hard for him to lay any such claim. I am copying those members and they can add or ignore. I am loathe to see Horace become a member of the EC again.

Fred

Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Kemosobie

I have read Cain's 2008 Campaign Statement published in MA Oct 08. For some reason he fails to mention he was an AMA Dist VP or that he had anything to do with the frequencies. I wonder why?

Mark Smith for AMA EVP
Old 09-24-2008, 08:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Kemosobie

I have read Cain's 2008 Campaign Statement published in MA Oct 08. For some reason he fails to mention he was an AMA Dist VP or that he had anything to do with the frequencies. I wonder why?

Mark Smith for AMA EVP
Too modest, I'd guess.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Kemosobie

Mark Smith for AMA EVP
He has been touting his involvement with obtaining the frequencies all over the board here. It's in his campaign statement that he's posted on the board here at least three times.
To be fair, though, the statment published in MA didn't include any of the resume information that he's posted here. My guess it that it was due to limitations on statement lengths.

The comments that Red posted do lead one to wonder though, don't they?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Bob Mitchell

Must you always be wrong? I replied to you early on as you changed your direction. Do you take you cues from anothe DA national candidate that has no clue as to where he is, much less where he wants to go?
Later in the discussions along the thread, I replied to KE as he made some good comments. Man you call my posts BS, well sonny boy, I must hand it to you as you top me there in that BS department.[>:]
Oh. OK. Now it's clear. It was a "politcal ploy", until KE posted, and then it became a "political ploy" that got excellent response. Thanks for clearing that up. It really makes sense now.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.