Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Issue of AMA membership revokation.

I agree that nothing he has done is worth pursuing. It is good to bring stuff like this out into the open, mainly to illustrate how far off the deep end this "little boy's game" can get.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
GAP-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Okay, Let's think this completely through. If we do this, we put ourselves on the same level as is he. He is a fairly harmless old man, and even though, he is definitely a loose cannon, he doesn't have much of a load of powder behind the shot. In other words, he's relatively harmless. Everyone involved, or who would become involved knows all about him, and he's become a joke. I can't speak for anyone else, but that alone should be enough punishment for him. Yes, I have humiliated him before, but this is going way too far. I urge everyone to undergo a cooling off period, and let's not kick him in the head while he's down. I'm going to go on record here as being against taking punitave action against him. He has tried to do several things to many of us, but let's be a bigger man than is he. It's a lifelong hobby with him, and taking his membership away from him would be a heavy price to pay. I think it would be too heavy. I doubt that he will cause any further problems, and even if he does try, the powers that be, both at the District level, and at Muncie know all about him. Let it go. Please.

Bill Hurt
AMA 4720
Good post. Bill doesn't directly say it, but one step further, there could be some conditions that we're not aware of that can cause all kinds of unexpected behavior over a long period of time. Outside of his close family, it's just hard to really know, sometimes.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 PM
KidEpoxy

<not above poster>

And really, all this angst over toy airplanes??
I cant speak for the others,
but I am pretty sure the problem is over 3rd Party Disclosure and harassment,
rather than some problem about ty airplanes.

RED has angst over folks with toy airplanes,
and his privacy viloations and harassments are what is bother us.... not toy airplanes.

As for if it is actionable,
no company I have ever worked for (Army, electrician, IT/programming, franchise),
would allow an employee to 3rd party disclose other employee information
for political/personal purposes,
nor allow calling other employee's associates to slur them.

The AMA App/renewal does not have a checkbox
Do Not use my mailing address for anything other than official AMA business, and Reds personal/political purposes"

We can test this theory,
by just any one of us calling Muncie and asking for some random members name & address
regardless of them checking the box to keep it private.
It will be a good way to hear about any 3rd party nondisclosure policy they have.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

<not above poster>

And really, all this angst over toy airplanes??
I cant speak for the others,
but I am pretty sure the problem is over 3rd Party Disclosure and harassment,
rather than some problem about ty airplanes.
I guess you missed my point and the bigger picture. This is all related to toy airplanes. There is nothing life or death here.

Oh well.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I agree that nothing he has done is worth pursuing. It is good to bring stuff like this out into the open, mainly to illustrate how far off the deep end this "little boy's game" can get.
My point exactly.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 AM
KidEpoxy

SA

I really dont understand where you get that idea.

Perhaps YOUR problems with Red harassing YOU are over toy airplanes,
if you are one of the guys being targeted by Reds AMA Crusade.

But for me, as one of the guys that HAS gotten harassed and privacy violated,
I can tell you I am not having a problem with any toy airplanes Red is or is not flying.
It really is a problem of Red doing bad things that are other than playing with toy airplanes.

Please dont think you can tell me what my problems with Red are.
I couldnt care less about his toy airplanes.
I am really really PO'ed at his harassing me & others, and violating our privacy by 3rd party disclosure.
Had Red stuck to toy airplane problems, we wouldnt be having this thread

Perhaps I need to dig up some quotes of folks from the SteveKaluf thread,
the ones about just how illegal they claim it is for AMA to say spit about anyone due to 3rd party concerns

SA
reread the OP and other posts outlining the crud Red pulled.
You will notice not one of them is a complaint about Red's toy airplanes or Red complaining about their toy airplanes.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:13 AM
combatpigg

SAV8R, it isn't life or death.....you are right, but KE, me and a few others do have a legitimate gripe about being stalked. The reasons why we were stalked are silly, but that isn't the point. A clever enough guy could conceivably contact your employer and spread who knows what kind of rumor about you that could damage your career. I know I don't need to ask if you want that kind of guy lurking here.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Silent-AV8R

SAV8R, it isn't life or death.....you are right, but KE, me and a few others do have a legitimate gripe about being stalked. The reasons why we were stalked are silly, but that isn't the point.
Well, yes and no. Being stalked, and you would be hard pressed to prove that, is one thing, but come on, this is still all about your and his opinions on topics involving model airplanes.

A clever enough guy could conceivably contact your employer and spread who knows what kind of rumor about you that could damage your career. I know I don't need to ask if you want that kind of guy lurking here.
True. And that would be illegal and you could take action then. But that is not what has happened. But people on this forum take the topics discussed here as if they were talking about something actually very important. But I guess that point is lost somehow.

But if you truly believe that he was/is stalking you, then here is a place to get started to take real action:

http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/laws/index.shtml

Notice that nearly all states require there to be a threat of bodily harm or some sort of threat of a felony to qualify as stalking.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 AM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Silent AV8R

Well, yes and no. Being stalked, and you would be hard pressed to prove that, is one thing, but come on, this is still all about your and his opinions on topics involving model airplanes.

Wrong. this is not about airplanes, it is about his "fetishist level" devotion to the AMA. Airplanes have never entered any of the discussions in question [and if so, that would really take us back to the sandbox in kindergarten].
Old 03-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Silent AV8R

Wrong. this is not about airplanes, it is about his "fetishist level" devotion to the AMA.
OK, you win. I just cannot get my point across I guess. What it is really about is how people on this forum will argue about just about anything until is reaches an absurd level, and that sometimes brings out the worst in people.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:20 AM
combatpigg

I agree with that. My first "take" on this forum is that it was all about guys who couldn't be happy unless they were unhappy.
As I look into it further I see that it is more about blowing the whistle on fiscal responsibility, policy making, future endevours, etc. There is also more than enough recreational arguing and complaining, but this forum is also about being human and that is what sells the soap here.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Muroc1

I am really surprised David and/or Ken has not deleted this thread yet. Doesn't this whole thread go against RCU policies? Repeated below for your convenience:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

I'm a firm believer in three sides to every story.

Signed,

Confused about RCU policies in VA
Old 03-28-2009, 07:48 AM
DelRay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well said and thought out Stick, I totally agree, and I've never had any dealings or contact with the person. Many of you know him much better than I do, so I can understand why your thoughts might be much different than mine.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:13 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

I am really surprised David and/or Ken has not deleted this thread yet. Doesn't this whole thread go against RCU policies? Repeated below for your convenience:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

I'm a firm believer in three sides to every story.

Signed,

Confused about RCU policies in VA
I have monitored every post in this thread. If at any point this thread gets to that level it wil be dealt with. But if the thread discusses the actions of an official person with the AMA then it is perfectly within the realm of this thread and the scope of this forum. This discussion is no different than the one that occured discussing Greg Hahn's guest editorial in MA, or Jim Cherry's recent column in MA as well. If the actions of these people are being discusses in a calm, civil, mature, and "just the facts ma'am" manner then it will be allowed here. If the discussion slides to attacks, insults, and name calling then we will take action.

Ken
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ditto what Ken said. The thread has not turned the corner into the dark side and has remained civil to this point. As long as it stays in the current train of thought, it is good to go. Dave
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R
You are correct that the genesis of the differences has been, at least in part, differences of opinions about AMA and AMA policy. However, it has grown beyond that. The individual in question has chosen to take those differences and mount a campaign to have at least one individuals AMA membership revoked, SOLELY because of what that individual has posted here on this forum. I have direct personal knowledge of this as I was "recruited" to help in the effort. I refused, of course. It is also a fact that this individual has made public personal information about posters which whom he disagrees. Information that the posters were choosing to keep private. I've seen it and I've called him on it more than once.

The opening post in this thread was making a case that perhaps this individual should receive a dose of his own medicine, in having HIS AMA membership revoked. I disagree with that for reasons I've posted previously in this thread

HOWEVER.........this individual is an AMA staffer in District V. It seems to me that such actions are NOT in any way appropriate for an individual in a leadership position within AMA. IMO these actions should either cease immediately, or the individual should be removed from his leadership position. In addition, IF, and I stress IF, this individual has used his position within AMA to gain knowledge of the personal information that he has disclosed about individuals with whom he disagrees, then there is no question in my mind that he should be removed as a District staff member.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 AM
KidEpoxy

Yeah, What Bob said
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Muroc1

Ken/David,

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the response. Even though I am unclear of how the person in question is involved with the AMA other than being a member just like you and I, I'll respect your decision that a public stoning is not taking place.

Frank
Old 03-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Ken/David,

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the response. Even though I am unclear of how the person in question is involved with the AMA other than being a member just like you and I, I'll respect your decision that a public stoning is not taking place.

Frank
Frank, look at the good side. Now everyone knows why anyone with any attachment to the AMA other than OPEN. JR, PP or NO membership seldom posts here.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Ken/David,

Frank
Frank, look at the good side. Now everyone knows why anyone with any attachment to the AMA other than OPEN. JR, PP or NO membership seldom posts here.

That is patently not true. There are several members who have Leader membership status that also post here. The Higher ups within the AMA also moniter what is said here, even if they do not comment. There have been several occasions where the signatures of them have been visible at the top header. These have even been captured and posted when the occasion required.

Red, my advice to you would be to make yourself scarce from this forum for awhile. Spend that time on personal reflection, and learn from what has happened. If you want to know who is to blame, just have a look in the mirror. I appreciate all that you have done for the membership, during your years in the AMA, but you have become just a tad zealous in your action. This should not be taken as a put down toward you, but as an observation from someone who has been doing it just about as long as have you.

I really used to like you, and had the highest respect for you. Please evaluate what you are doing before everyone loses that respect.

You are limping because you shot yourself in the foot.

Your Pal (Really)
Bill, AMA 4720
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

probably way off topic, but what does the little man's bust icon that has appeared in the threads list on this and some other threads mean?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Muroc1

Again, being a firm believer three sides to every story, it seems like there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers here. So far we have one side of the story and that's it.

Keep that in mind when you are picking up that next stone to throw.

Frank

PS Don't take this post as a reason start slinging more mud around. No good ever comes to that. What was that about "turning the other cheek?"
Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell
HOWEVER.........this individual is an AMA staffer in District V. It seems to me that such actions are NOT in any way appropriate for an individual in a leadership position within AMA. IMO these actions should either cease immediately, or the individual should be removed from his leadership position. In addition, IF, and I stress IF, this individual has used his position within AMA to gain knowledge of the personal information that he has disclosed about individuals with whom he disagrees, then there is no question in my mind that he should be removed as a District staff member.
I have absolutely no issue with this at all. And I will ask again, has anyone actually pursued this course of action, or filed a complaint, with either Tony Stillman or anyone at AMA HQ in Muncie?? I've lost track. Or was the first instinct to come to RCU to see what the Villagers had to say?

These allegations need to be investigated and determined to wither be true or false. But that needs to be done by the people who can do something about it, and that would be Tony or the other members of the EC.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: mongo

probably way off topic, but what does the little man's bust icon that has appeared in the threads list on this and some other threads mean?
Mongo,
This is a new feature that has been added to RCU. It indicates threads that you have posted in.

Ken
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Bob Mitchell

Ken/David,

Frank
He's on staff in District V. Here's a link: www.amadistrict-v.org

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.