Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 PM
igore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issue of AMA membership revokation.

Why don,t the clubs take action and bar him from any AMA sanctioned club flying club ?
                                                                       LeRoy Webb
                                                                       AMA 9396
                                                                      email
                                                                      spider9396 @ sbcglobal.nrt
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: igore

Why don,t the clubs take action and bar him from any AMA sanctioned club flying club ?
LeRoy Webb
AMA 9396
email
spider9396 @ sbcglobal.nrt
Simply because the members of the clubs to which he belongs don't normally come to this forum. The few who do appear to have bought into his brand of dirt smearing. There is one in particular (although I don't know for sure if he belongs to the same club/s as the, "Him" that you made reference toward) who of late has been acting as Red's Toady. If you wish to figure out who that person is, just pay close attention to the posts here in the AMA forum.

Red is still stirring the pot locally, even to the point of contacting the clubs in my vicinity to find my membership status. Sorry to disappoint him, since I only belong to one Club that holds an AMA Charter. That is the TUFF club. Now let's see how far he gets with that one.

Now, I only fly locally at a private airstrip who's owner allows a few of his friends to fly RC. It gives us a great opportunity to have a nice place to fly, without all the angst that normally is associated with the diverse kinds of flying that is currently enjoyed (sic) at most Club fields.

When I did belong to some other local clubs, I was amazed at the polarity caused by the different disciplines. The Heli guys and the Profile guys and the 3-D guys and the Scale guys, and the Sport guys and the Sailplane guys were always at Battle Stations.

Now here in Central Florida, you can't hardly swing a cat by the tail without being on an RC flying field. There are a lot of them. For the life of me, I don't know why there are not more discipline specific clubs. You would think that with the sheer number of RC modelers that we have down here, that's what would happen. Only one that I know that's specific to the discipline is the one in the Villages. There is one club that utilizes the Polo Fields there, and they are electric only. Seems to work well for them.

Bill Hurt, AMA 4720

Old 01-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

When I did belong to some other local clubs, I was amazed at the polarity caused by the different disciplines. The Heli guys and the Profile guys and the 3-D guys and the Scale guys, and the Sport guys and the Sailplane guys were always at Battle Stations.
Bill, this seems to be a pretty common issue. I cannot understand why. Back a few years, one of the local clubs I belong to had a large increase in guys who were flying helis. The guys who were into large gassers ridiculed the heli fliers, the heli fliers returned the insults, I just hated the disharmony it caused.

Like Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Woody218-RCU

Bill, this seems to be a pretty common issue. I cannot understand why.

Yep, I personally witnessed a total meltdown of a club that started due to confusions and lack of understanding of how to handle helicopters.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woody218-RCU

Bill, this seems to be a pretty common issue. I cannot understand why. Back a few years, one of the local clubs I belong to had a large increase in guys who were flying helis. The guys who were into large gassers ridiculed the heli fliers, the heli fliers returned the insults, I just hated the disharmony it caused.

Like Rodney King said, ''Can't we all just get along?''
The problems that I am acquainted with mostly stem from the Heli guys not wanting to fly the pattern, the 3-D and profile guys not wanting to fly away from the runway, the Scale guys wanting to fly a left hand pattern only, and the sail plane guys wanting to fly just about anywhere. This was even evident with a specific helicopter area, a specific sailplane area, and requiring everyone to keep the runway clear. Everyone seems to be all about what they want to do, and to Hell with everyone else. One 3-D and Profile pilot even went so far as to state that he couldn't fly further out than the runway.

Bill, AMA 4720
TUFF Member
Old 01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
cyclops2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would it be nice to see those people fly in some of the European countries ?

HA HA HA.
Fat chance they would have a license after 3 minutes of.

" I am a American . I can do whatever I want. "

Rich