Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Oct. Agenda is Posted

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Oct. Agenda is Posted

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oct. Agenda is Posted

Oct. AMA E.C. Agenda is posted: That is where you can get ready to find out real answers.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/organization/ec/1009ecagenda.aspx
Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oct. Agenda is Posted

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Oct. AMA E.C. Agenda is posted: That is where you can get ready to find out real answers.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/organization/ec/1009ecagenda.aspx
Thanks Hossfly-

Good news, essentially no new business on the agenda (as much as I care about it given "Membership renewal timeline policy" has been resolved by near real-time confirmation of re-up via PayPal). OTOH, wonder what surprises are in store for us this time......
Odd though that the disposition/exit strategy re PPP is missing. There was some buzz on the grapevine that it would be a topic.

Here's a wager for you: Want to bet the fetid trash polluting the official AMA sanctioned discussion forum is not on the real agenda that gets discussed in "Closed Executive Session?"

Cletus
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

//snip//
Thanks Hossfly-
Good news, essentially no new business on the agenda (as much as I care about it given ''Membership renewal timeline policy'' has been resolved by near real-time confirmation of re-up via PayPal). OTOH, wonder what surprises are in store for us this time......
Odd though that the disposition/exit strategy re PPP is missing. There was some buzz on the grapevine that it would be a topic.

Here's a wager for you: Want to bet the fetid trash polluting the official AMA sanctioned discussion forum is not on the real agenda that gets discussed in ''Closed Executive Session?''
Cletus

Can't make any wager there! HA!

Only one thing that is kind of simmering in my pot, and that is the item concerning the number of pilots on a field before closing the site.
My question about that was answered with what I truly suspect is, the subject probably concerns Muncie, and not a local facility. However I am still thinking it may concern the "Never Fly Alone syndrome," which is definitely a good thing as far as safety is concerned.
OTOH, I feel confident there are many like me that really love to fly alone. I have that choice often as most don't like to miss happy-hour, but I will fly to dark. I will not argue the dangers there, however I like to do it and I would hate to see some safety-nut bureaucrats place some restriction/s on a club's options concerning such. There are times when the peace, the majesty, and quiet (no matter how loud the engine) of flying alone simply bonds man and machine. Kind of like when way back many years ago, in 1:1 scale, when it was just the machine and me way up in the stratosphere or even down low close to the earth, there was something magical about such flying that never ever manifested itself in the airline business.

I have not received any answer to that part of my question. Maybe some of you could contact your DVPs and see what they have to say.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 AM
rcmiket

"Only one thing that is kind of simmering in my pot, and that is the item concerning the number of pilots on a field before closing the site."

That also caught my eye. Wonder where that's going?

Mike
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 AM
KidEpoxy

Oh, I do hope they dont use the term "Pilots" for the bodycount.
It would be silly to close a field where a single pilot is showing a plane to his EMT brother in law and engine crew.