Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to handle a difficult pilot!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How to handle a difficult pilot!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to handle a difficult pilot!

ORIGINAL: cccdad

Okay,

Since you claim to be reading the posts, and have not actually bailed, did you not state that you personally renewed the FCMG's membership this year? If you did, then you know for a fact that he is a member. It seems like you are wanting to play Barney Fife.

Bill, AMA 4720
[/quote]
Yep I did renew it when he got caught trying to fly without AMA. But the simple rule as posted is that you ''show proof of AMA'' each time you fly, the method is to put an AMA card on the board to use the field. FCMG is the poster child why we need to post it each time, the facility is a county park for use by Club Members and non-members but the same AMA rule applies to everyone. The sign clearly states ''No Card No Fly'' if you do not have your card with you that day to post you can not use the field. I do not have a personal grudge with FCMG. I am sure he does not like me for not letting up.. Too Bad, put a card up follow some simple common rules for safe flying and I will shut up.. That easy

As for playing Barney Fife you are wrong!! I am Barney Fife..Barney was well liked and had moral character I dont consider that an insult.

I do value what is the best for the club and I would rather hash this out here than in a county office.
cccdad,
While I am generally on your side here, unless you are willing to go the county and get your questions of the club's authority and the signage issue straightened out, I really don't think there is much, if anything, left to talk about on this forum.

I understand your reluctance to get the county involved, there is a risk of rocking the boat, but IMO you and your club need to make a decision one way or another.
Edited to add:
There is also the risk that FCMG might also go to the county first if things continue as they are.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 AM
rcmiket

+1 on that. If you don't get the signage straight and with the county on just what is required and just what your authority is your stuck.
Mike
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: 804

cccdad,
While I am generally on your side here, unless you are willing to go the county and get your questions of the club's authority and the signage issue straightened out, I really don't think there is much, if anything, left to talk about on this forum.

I understand your reluctance to get the county involved, there is a risk of rocking the boat, but IMO you and your club need to make a decision one way or another.
Edited to add:
There is also the risk that FCMG might also go to the county first if things continue as they are.
Your edit adds something I think FCMG should do. The club sold the county on requiring AMA (doubtless because of the liability insurance) for public users as well as club members. I'll bet the County wasn't told about the provision in the AMA SC that is cited in the last paragraph of the OP. This is the authority that cccdad is using to impose his rules on public model flyers. I can well understand why he is reluctant to have this discussion with the county.