Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

History is available:

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

History is available:

Old 11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default History is available:

For all that wish to really be informed, I suggest you spend more time at the following link than in this forum. This link provides over 10 years of the Academy of Model Aeronautics' true business (or lack thereof) planning and actual directions.

Here you can find just what has transpired, however some conceptual skill is required to put it all together. Great Winter Fireside Reading. [sm=49_49.gif]

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/organization/ec/news.aspx
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: History is available:

Know what would be handy?
If they kept a running accumulation document/webpage of the meetings as a searchable list
... just paste in the latest one to the bottom of the computer document.
(its amazing how many reams of text pages you can fit in just 1 megabyte)

guess I'll spend an evening opening each meeting page and pasting it into a word doc
so I can do a FIND: "Captive"
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hossfly-your ax must be large-you are always grinding away-I think I will stay un-informed and go back out and work on some planes for tomorrow.

This was in reply to the first post not to KE
Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No ax at all, Jim. Just trying to help some of the newer folks to find out where all the workings of AMA are recorded. Lots of questions that get lots of time here have answers right there waiting.

My school teachers all said the same about the school books when I was a young fellow. Like you, I spent way too much time building another airplane, or trying to catch another catfish or bass, and in the fall and winter, trying to get another ol' doe or squirrel, or catch another mink or raccoon for money to buy airplanes, fishing stuff and shells. I was such a lucky teenager, living a life of true freedom. I do miss that!