Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA club membership

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA club membership

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Muroc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA club membership

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: sukhoi_sammy

I just read through this and I fail to see why this is an AMA matter. I agree with Muroc1, this should be aired in the clubhouse.
I guess Jim Rice thought it enough of an AMA matter to email me...I guess you think you know better.

Of course he would. Jim is a great guy and a great representative of the AMA.

OK, that was my final post.

Frank
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
sukhoi_sammy

It still looks to me at this point of an individual not wanting to be listed on the club roster.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
sukhoi_sammy

And the club in question as I can tell is not an AMA chartered club.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
sukhoi_sammy

So, why was this aired here. Do we just not know how to navigate to the general clubhouse forum?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
The Toolman

Why do you care feller?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
sukhoi_sammy

Want to keep the AMA forum topics about the AMA. And not let this place turn into an insult slinging mudhole again.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Want to keep the AMA forum topics about the AMA. And not let this place turn into an insult slinging mudhole again.

Again...why do you post here?

So far you haven't brought anything to the table... not trying to pick on you but other than throw a few stones you really aren’t contributing anything at all here.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

And the club in question as I can tell is not an AMA chartered club.

The club in question is an AMA chartered club
and the person in question writes for the AMA magazine.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
sukhoi_sammy

OK,club is AMA chartered. I stand corrected. If the person writes for the AMA Mag so what. He doesnt want to be listed on the club roster. Im not saying he didnt join the club but its his right not to disclose hismself on a roster for the club if he doesnt want to. This is a personal matter and has nothing to do with his affiliation with the AMA Mag. LCS, I contribute plenty. My posts contain quality and information, not just attacks.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

There has been several tickets opened up on this thread and I'm in the process of reviewing to see where this thread stands. I'll let the group know what my decision is in a bit.

Ken
Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
littlecrankshaf

All,

Jim Rice just contacted me with a very nice email and asked about the status of our club officers and since someone else here seemed concerned I will let you all know that our regularly scheduled club meeting next week will be to determine that.

Mark
Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
The Toolman

"There has been several tickets opened up on this thread and I'm in the process of reviewing to see where this thread stands. I'll let the group know what my decision is in a bit.

Ken "

I can't imagine who might have made them
Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frank's changing mind: [sm=confused.gif]

Post #9: "Carry on fellas and have a great evening. Enjoy the show."
Post # 12 "Like I said, carry on. I have no cat in this fight."
Post # 19 " What happened to being ambassadors of model aviation and positive role models?"
Post # 24 "Last post in this thread for me LCS."
Post #26 "OK, that was my final post"

Well, Frank, so you have trouble getting things right the first time, the second time, the third time, the fourth time. Not to worry, you will get it done.

Post #19: Good question, Frank! Now please tell me where you hid that stuff? I'll keep your secret, well maybe I will, then, however ..... but then OTOH.....????

Thanks for my day's end. Like to quit when there is a smile on my face.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Funny how a guy who is basically pretty intelligent with technical matters, who also writes a good column.....gets caught up in such childish nonsense time after time. This isn't the first time for him, this is just another chapter tacked onto his legacy.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

red schoefield.

sorry frank, i did know who and what it was about as soon as i saw red's post over there. 98% positive that i was not the only one that knows enough of red's checkered past to know what it was about. made a post to the effect that it was a personal matter for red. it got deleted.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Now, since a number of you here have also joined TUFF via our website, if wish to be removed from our club roles you can simply contact me here via PM or send your message via our club website and you will be removed…. alternately you can do as Red S. did an try to cause as much trouble as possible…

Mark Humphries
Is there a fee to belong to the TUFF club?If there is a fee and he did not pay the fee then, IMHO,he was not a member and should not have been listed as such.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

There have been several tickets opened up on this thread, most of which think that this thread is not related to the AMA and should not be here in RCU's AMA forum. I have gone through this thread and reviewed it several times, and even left making a decision on this issue until this morning so that I would have time to think about this issue, and here's the deal. Since this thread is discussing an issue that is taking place on the AMA's Official forum I think that discussing this  here on RCU is perfectly justified. The forum on RCU is here to discuss issues pertaining to, or involving, the AMA. I think that the discussion of items from the AMA forum fall under that definition as well. There have been many other threads and posts here that have referenced the AMA forum as well and they have been allowed to stand as well. So I don't see any reason to remove this thread.

However, with that being said, I will issue a warning to the group here. While this discussion is going to be allowed here I will not allow the personal attacks on each other to continue. If you can't discuss the issue without insulting, putting down, degrading, or attack in any other way others discussing the issue I would recommend that you refrain from taking part in this discussion. Because if these personal attacks continue I'm going to start putting members on Moderated Status until they can learn to get along with others here in this forum. 

Ken
Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Is there a fee to belong to the TUFF club? If there is a fee and he did not pay the fee then, IMHO, he was not a member and should not have been listed as such.
No, there are no club dues…ever. Everyone is welcome to join. Our club is more about model aviation and less about politics. We finance our club with generous donations from those that love model aviation and proceeds from events. We have only a few really large costs one of which is a substantial lease payment to the city.

Many of the other surrounding clubs have members that also belong to our club. We work closely together to keep each other aware of everyone's events. It works out very well.

Our membership actually is coast to coast as a result of our policy and all members have open access to our field anytime. Of course, our motto is as always; "be our guest"… come fly here anytime. No locked gates here.

Our club truly is about promoting model aviation to the fullest extent possible. Funny but we have found some interesting things out in the process. One thing that is absolutely amazing is the friends we have made that probably will never fly models but just like to hangout with us and help with our events. They also love model aviation but feel they could never fly but still are very interested in them and help out every way they can...Our great friends from the general community has been especially rewarding.

When Red S. joined our club, although doubtful, it was hoped that ultimately he would somehow overcome whatever it is that makes him so sour and might become a partner in promoting model aviation with us. I can only guess he joined so he could receive some of the very few emails we send out to obtain information about us...strange that after all this time he claims he never joined...Matter of fact, Red seemed happy to know that he would have a place to fly when he had occasions to visit here... as he put it on his application when he joined; "would be nice to have a place to fly"...go figure why anyone would not want to join and even harder to figure why one would want to be removed….makes no sense to me…I guess the club dues are too high…we need to look into lowering them I guess….
Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Who's Red S....??? Get a Rope....
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
KidEpoxy

I just received an email from Jim Rice D8 DVP indicating that Red S. told him that we, The TUFF club, had listed him, Red S., on our club roster without Red's consent...
I dont get it.
What was the reason to involve the AMA DVP,
in a matter that could most directly be resolved
by contacting the club and asking to be removed from the roster?

Sounds like the club was willing to accommodate the drop request and even return 100% of the $0dues,
so why escalate to the DVP to get it done?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

Who's Red S....??? Get a Rope....
Just some guy with a weird hobby. See [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8620967/tm.htm]THIS THREAD[/link] for more than you want to know.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

This is interesting. I was wondering who's club Red was talking about since he never listed a club by name . I guess we now know who's club he was talking about.

Frank
My only response to that is, it is very hard to believe that you couldn't figure it out especially since Red clearly indicated it was a club in Tyler, Texas and even more so unbelievable considering you added the part of about the possibility of a rouge club officer being culpable...BTW you latter deleted that assertion when called on it...

Yep, for someone that has been so intimately involved in these forums to the extent you have, it is really hard to fathom you had no idea...but what the hey, stranger things have happened.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
kavic5150

This makes me not wanna join the AMA. Im sure it has its good points. Does this grievance really need to be aired out in a public forum?(maybe it does I dunno) This thread is now tops on RCUs homepage.

(Wow, I'm sure I just posted to this thread so here goes again.)
Old 01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
littlecrankshaf

actually you posted here. I gave you a response also.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_86...tm.htm#9389171
Old 01-05-2010, 02:54 PM
bradpaul

LCS, do you have to be an AMA Member to be a member of The TUFF Club?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.