Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Wow, some of you are very bitter toward the AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Wow, some of you are very bitter toward the AMA

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, some of you are very bitter toward the AMA

What's the problem? Why so bitter? Maybe if you lay it out here you can get it off your chest. I think a lot of you "AMA haters" have had a problem with an individual, and you attribute your bad experience to the AMA as a whole.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wow, some of you are very bitter toward the AMA

ORIGINAL: Woody218-RCU

What's the problem? Why so bitter? Maybe if you lay it out here you can get it off your chest. I think a lot of you ''AMA haters'' have had a problem with an individual, and you attribute your bad experience to the AMA as a whole.
To whom are you speaking?

Who are you charging with bitterness? You have judged someone as bitter. Maybe if you define that judgment, perhaps a meaningful dialogue could be established.

Thank You for your concern.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

What's the problem? Why so bitter? Maybe if you lay it out here you can get it off your chest. I think a lot of you ''AMA haters'' have had a problem with an individual, and you attribute your bad experience to the AMA as a whole.

Right there is the problem!

You have been predisposed due to the labeling that others are allowed to use on some here as being ''AMA haters’’ It has been allowed often for someone to paint others with that brush. I guarantee if any "opposite" and equally derogative terms are used in defense of such they are deleted... I find it unfair that anyone is labeled in any way but much more unfair that one position is given a leg up to pee on the other… Somehow it is more acceptable to call some one an "AMA hater" than an "AMA Drone"…why is that?

Let’s see…Why is that other AMA forum full of AMA backslapping sock puppets???…

Now we are even…

With all that being said…you got a pretty good troll going on right now.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, those guys hate everybody! Leave 'em alone, this is their only outlet.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Woody218

Not trolling at all. Just calling it like I see it. If you don't agree, then that is your right to do so, just as it's my right to respond to what I see others write, and form an opinion based on that. Not at any time did I point the finger at anyone in particular.

I guess what got me thinking this was another post where someone was complaining that "the AMA never did/does anything for me". Really, I ask? Who sits down with the lawmakers and lobbies on our behalf? I can't think of another organization besides the AMA that is doing this? Who was responsible for seeing that we had frequencies on 72 mhz for our use only? Who sponsored competition events that launched better engines, better radios, better designs, etc, etc?

Is the AMA perfect? Heck no. Are there ways things could be done better? Of course. It's an imperfect organization made up of imperfect people. I just think that the reason some are so outspoken against the AMA is because individuals that are higher up the food chain within the organization than the rest have done/said/written things that caused someone to paint the whole hierarchy with a broad brush.

Again, if you're taking this as trolling, you've got it wrong. Admit it, there are some who despise the AMA. That's very different than having a difference of opinion with those in leadership positions.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
littlecrankshaf

Not trolling at all. Just calling it like I see it.

As Hoss tried to make clear...each one of us have different things we find important...the problem is when someone like you come in here and try to paint everyone with that wide "AMA haters" brush...Does that make any sense to you?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Mr. Mugen

I have to agree with woody. It is hard to find positive in this place. If you want names then go back and read with a new set of eye's. Hell have someone sit down and read them to you and you try to fall asleep...lol. Ohh the nightmare's you'll have.

The ones who protest the most have the most to lose. However in this case there is nothing to lose.....protest away.

Kevin
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
littlecrankshaf

Here is a little contest for you guys...find something I ever said in this forum that shows that I hate AMA... (Nothing out of context or simple humoristic sarcasms allowed) …must be about the AMA specifically and not anything else….first one back to here with it wins and I'll send them a big Red lollipop to suck on for their efforts.

Get ready, set…GO!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
littlecrankshaf

AMA hate??? FWIW the few times I have witnessed what I consider hate being displayed was when Red's unbridled hate was directed at the previous DV VP, the late Jim McNeil (sp). Red lead a hate campaign on that man up until he died. Along the way, he found many that got on his band wagon and also started taking shots at Jim. Red constantly ridiculed the man for everything up to and including his education.

That episode was something that has stuck in my mind ever since...Red seemed like one of the most hateful persons I had the displeasure to know from these forums. Anyone that has known Red personally during those days can probably remember something that makes what I say now evidentially true. Others that were on this forum back then must also remember as well.

After Jim died I witnessed Red kick the tires on a few others to be the next victim that he could direct his hate ...Unfortunately my club ultimately won that lottery...Now, if you or anyone else cares to see real hate being directed to the AMA do a search on Jim McNeil and key in on Red's posts...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Woody218

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

AMA hate??? FWIW the few times I have witnessed what I consider hate being displayed was when Red's unbridled hate was directed at the previous DV VP, the late Jim McNeil (sp). Red lead a hate campaign on that man up until he died. Along the way, he found many that got on his band wagon and also started taking shots at Jim. Red constantly ridiculed the man for everything up to and including his education.

That episode was something that has stuck in my mind ever since...Red seemed like one of the most hateful persons I had the displeasure to know from these forums. Anyone that has known Red personally during those days can probably remember something that makes what I say now evidentially true. Others that were on this forum back then must also remember as well.

After Jim died I witnessed Red kick the tires on a few others to be the next victim that he could direct his hate ...Unfortunately my club ultimately won that lottery...Now, if you or anyone else cares to see real hate being directed to the AMA do a search on Jim McNeil and key in on Red's posts...

This proves the point I was trying to make. Your displeasure is with Red Schofield, NOT with the AMA. In your view, the two are one and the same, which they are not. I can understand your anomosity toward Red. But, keep in mind he is NOT the AMA. He and he alone is responsible for his crappy behavior. You and I and every other member are the AMA!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
The Toolman

"Who was responsible for seeing that we had frequencies on 72 mhz for our use only?"

I think Hoss had more to do with that than anybody I believe.....

I could be wrong, but I don't think so..
Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Woody218

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

''Who was responsible for seeing that we had frequencies on 72 mhz for our use only?''

I think Hoss had more to do with that than anybody I believe.....

I could be wrong, but I don't think so..
Yep, he sure did.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

[If you believe his telling of the events, and I have no reason not to believe him, he had a heck of a lot to do with it. However, what you can not bring yourself to do is give the AMA credit. Mr. Cain was working as a rep of the AMA and with the AMA's (that's us)money influence.

@LCS: "Sock puppets" come in all flavors. There seems to be one on the other side that lurks about these threads. Not even a member of AMA so I guess it's all for fun.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Oberst
Banned

I don't always agree with what AMA does, but it does me no good to get a attitude and become bitter over anything the AMA does. I'm just glad AMA is there when I need them, and I like hanging out with the President of AMA when he shows up at the S.T.A.R.S event in Cicero, NY once a year. Dave is one of the nicest people I've ever met in this Hobby.

Pete
Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM
The Toolman

Whatever bobber...your always right, no doubt
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
bradpaul

Whatever bobber...your always right, no doubt
WOW you got something right!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

WOW you got something right!
Bj buddy,

You'll probably get a big pat on the back for that great post...
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
bradpaul

Thanks LCS, I appreciate the kind words.

Brad
Old 01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
The Toolman

"WOW you got something right! "

It was Sarcasm bp, sarcasm. I guess ya didn't get that part did ya....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
bradpaul

''WOW you got something right! ''

Why are you quoting my post..... I was sincere!

Brad
Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM
The Toolman

''WOW you got something right! ''

Why are you quoting my post..... I was sincere!

Brad

Cause I can....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:54 PM
bradpaul

OK.... I guess that explains it.

Brad
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
CKLLOYD

if there is a problem with the ama then get up and write them if you dont like something they have or have not done let them know.. some one once said that the pen is mighter then the sword but to set back and throw stones and complain about some one or something is not going fix the problem its just like throwing rocks at a hornets nest your just going to piss them off... and the only way to fix the problem is dont throw stones.. with that being said cant we all play together lol
Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK.... I guess that explains it.

Brad
How much is Red paying you to come here and spy for him?

Bill
Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: CKLLOYD

if there is a problem with the ama then get up and write them if you dont like something they have or have not done let them know.. some one once said that the pen is mighter then the sword but to set back and throw stones and complain about some one or something is not going fix the problem its just like throwing rocks at a hornets nest your just going to piss them off... and the only way to fix the problem is dont throw stones.. with that being said cant we all play together lol
The problem is (if you will look back a few posts you will see it) that when someone complains about what the AMA did, you make sure to show that it was an individual, and not the AMA. At the same time when someone makes a post about how good someone in power did something, it is quickly pointed out that it's the AMA and not the individual. You can't have it both ways.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.