Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA FEE INCREASE 2011

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA FEE INCREASE 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA FEE INCREASE 2011

ORIGINAL: Archie League

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

I can't expect to have a model airplane flying field and pay nothing for it. It's not an entitlement.
But if you play soccer, expect a free field.

If you play softball, expect a free field.

If you play baseball or T-ball, expect a free field.

If you have a pro team, expect neighborhoods to be condemned, destroyed, expect a free stadium.

If your airline is expanding, expect neighborhoods to be condemned , destroyed, expect the city to build you a bigger airport.

But for God's sake, don't ever expect anyone to build your RC field for you ?

This is complete bunk. Cities do build RC airplane fields, Counties do build RC fields. But you must attend meetings and lobby for what is rightly due .

You paid for their fields, stadiums, and airports. Its time that they help pay for yours.
I sure didn't expect anyone to build an RC field for me, nor did any of the other folks that put a lot of time, money, their backs and sweat equity into it. The county agency that oversees the landfill where it is sited did help us get access to it initially, and provides continuing maintenance of the site that contains it. They don't maintain the runway or prune the vegetation around it, but what they do provide is well worth the annual ground lease we pay, under $2K. AMA's participation in building the RC field was to provide the club charter (at a cost of about $60) that allows us to buy from them required liability insurance coverage for our public entity landlord.
As a club, with each member (consistently numbering about 100 for the past 25 years) paying Open AMA member dues, so far we have returned to AMA on the order of $140,000 for building us an RC field. But it's only $.15 a day per head.........
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well if you don't try you'll never know. It's not like the council members have never seen or heard of R/C flying. In fact they may see it your way.

Kevin
Old 01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And Plane Jim wins! He TROLLED every sucker fish in this forum into a 5 page thread based on a "what if" statement he posed as fact by the way he wrote it. He then in post number 6 admitted it was a TROLL and you guys are still going... about what? I don't know, I quit reading after post 6. Dont bother replying or flaming, I wont be back to this waste of time thread to read it[:@]
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought it was fun....I like 'what if......
Old 01-24-2010, 10:07 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually this was not a troll post-it was a information gathering session for a top secret study-
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

//snip//
I quit reading after post 6. Dont bother replying or flaming, I wont be back to this waste of time thread to read it[:@]
Just in case you change your plans and happen to get trolled in again, not to worry, as you will not be missed.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
bradpaul

Oh...oh...... I am going to "quote" from a post on the AMA Forum....... [&o][&o]

Jim Cherry AMA ED:

There is no dicussion or planning to increase the dues at this time. The Executive Council is taking steps to explore more non-dues revenue sources."
Brad
Old 01-26-2010, 12:38 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Oh...oh...... I am going to ''quote'' from a post on the AMA Forum....... [&o][&o]

Jim Cherry AMA ED:

There is no dicussion or planning to increase the dues at this time. The Executive Council is taking steps to explore more non-dues revenue sources.''
Brad
Cool!

Maybe some new free DVDs will show up in the mail again soon LOL…

Sorry couldn't help it…

but to have some idea what those non-dues revenues sources are or will likely be would be very welcomed before actual implementation I would think…or maybe not… depends on how you look at it I guess…but I think it would be OK to know about such things before hand… of course, others will not care or would rather not know…or simply support any proposal regardless of likely outcome…just like those that continue to support the PPP...

Anyway, I think the answer is and always has been to promote the hobby first and foremost and not worry about any fancy big business tactics to increase revenue. Just simple stuff like keeping expenses down and member’s benefits up is the formula for AMA’s continued success, which BTW they have done very well at despite a few disappointments.

Now to do my part…I am heading to the flying field… some more new enthusiasts will likely show up and I’ll have a blast…and they will recognize that…
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Oh...oh...... I am going to ''quote'' from a post on the AMA Forum....... [&o][&o]
Jim Cherry AMA ED:
There is no dicussion or planning to increase the dues at this time. The Executive Council is taking steps to explore more non-dues revenue sources.''
Brad

It says "...at this time." That time of writing has expired. What is the plan for the future? Kind of like a local politician saying if he is elected he will not increase property tax rates. So he gets elected and then gets a large increase of the appraised property values.
Lots of difference between "...at this time," and tomorrow. [sm=idea.gif]

My pocket says tax dollars are tax dollars, no matter how they compute them, I have to pay them.