Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Forum

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Another thing that I've noticed in the AMA forum is that you can have a post deleted, with no notification, or reason. Just, ''Poof'' It's gone. At the same time, another member who makes his post that is aimed at you is impervious to having his post/s removed. Looks like selective moderation to me. Another shining example of, ''Some pigs are more equal than others.'' (for you unwashed, that is a direct quote from Animal Farm)

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah it really sucks.... like you I had a few disappear recently, so did Red and some others.......... even Frank ....... that "selective moderation" sure needs better "selection".

Brad
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

Another thing that I've noticed in the AMA forum is that you can have a post deleted, with no notification, or reason. Just, ''Poof'' It's gone. At the same time, another member who makes his post that is aimed at you is impervious to having his post/s removed. Looks like selective moderation to me. Another shining example of, ''Some pigs are more equal than others.'' (for you unwashed, that is a direct quote from Animal Farm)

Bill, AMA 4720

You too! I think "The Man" is trying to keep us down!!! [:'(]

In all fairness, I have had posts removed without notice on this forum as well.

Frank

Frank,
The only time that Iwill not notify directy for removing a post is when Ihave remove a number of posts, such as removing a post and then removing the replies to that post. In cases such as that I will try to post in the thread to let everybody know that their posts have been removed. But when Iremove single posts I try to always notify the member that their post was removed, and why it was removed. I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect and have missed notifications from time to time. Ido apologize if Imissed notifying you of a removal, however I do try to notify when I make these actions. If a post is removed and I haven't notified please send me a note and I'll gladly let you know it happened.

I firmly believe that everybody should know why action was taken and Istrive to let everybody know when Ido take actions. As Ijust said, Imay miss from time to time and Ido apologize for that.

Ken
Old 02-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah it really sucks.... like you I had a few disappear recently, so did Red and some others.......... even Frank ....... that ''selective moderation'' sure needs better ''selection''.

Brad
I suppose that it matters which member you posted to and about. Some never get spanked. Others always seem to get it. You over here trolling again?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-13-2010, 01:17 PM
bradpaul

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah it really sucks.... like you I had a few disappear recently, so did Red and some others.......... even Frank ....... that ''selective moderation'' sure needs better ''selection''.

Brad
I suppose that it matters which member you posted to and about. Some never get spanked. Others always seem to get it. You over here trolling again?

Bill, AMA 4720
Oh,I'm sorry I did not realize I needed your permission to post here.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Stickbuilder

Bill, AMA 4720

Brad

Bill, AMA 4720
Oh,I'm sorry I did not realize I needed your permission to post here.
You don't need anyone's permission to post here. Just seems as if you only post here in reply to what I post. Thus the trolling question. I'm just glad to make your life worthwhile. I suppose that everyone's life needs a purpose.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
bradpaul

Oh my somebody sure has an inflated opinion of there effect on others........ but I'll consider the source.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Stickbuilder

Oh my somebody sure has an inflated opinion of there effect on others........ but I'll consider the source.
Not an inflated opinion at all. Just observant. I know that I'm a burr under your saddle, since you went out of your way to check with all the local clubs in Central Florida to see if I was a member. If that is not the height and depth of nosiness, I don't know what is. You and your buddy are real pieces of work. You really do need to get a life.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Frank,
The only time that I will not notify directy for removing a post is when I have remove a number of posts, such as removing a post and then removing the replies to that post. In cases such as that I will try to post in the thread to let everybody know that their posts have been removed. But when I remove single posts I try to always notify the member that their post was removed, and why it was removed. I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect and have missed notifications from time to time. I do apologize if I missed notifying you of a removal, however I do try to notify when I make these actions. If a post is removed and I haven't notified please send me a note and I'll gladly let you know it happened.

I firmly believe that everybody should know why action was taken and I strive to let everybody know when I do take actions. As I just said, I may miss from time to time and I do apologize for that.

Ken

Ken,

No worries Ken. You can delete all of them if you wish. Having a post deleted with or without notification is the least of my worries in life.

Frank
Old 02-13-2010, 09:27 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I've had to step in and remove several posts that we starting to get a bit personal. Let's leave the personal attacks out these forums please.

Ken
Old 02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Mr. Mugen

I thought this WAS the personal attack forum....no? Geez...someone better tell these guys.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Some folks asked the AMA step up and provide a forum for its membership. Now we have one. Since it has been in use for a while now, care to share your thoughts on how well it is doing?

To me, it appears to be doing quite well. Membership is growing everyday and more and more folks are asking questions and commenting. Just recently, the president of the AMA provided a very detailed response on a post that had a number of questions that are often asked here and in other RC forums. The forum is definitely headed in the right direction and having a direct link in an open forum atmosphere to the AMA staff is very cool.

As always, thoughts and comments welcomed.

Frank
It sucks
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Mode One

Frank, I guess you asked for comments and got one!

I wonder what are the chances people come here for the express purpose of arguing or trolling?

Lets think about this! It costs $58.00 per year to be a member of the AMA. If you feel that this is to expensive; or, you are dissatisfied with the product/service the AMA provides, do not join. Talk to your insurance provider; or, do what ever it is you need to do, to get insurance coverage, if your home owners doesn't provide you with adequate coverage. Maybe you don't even care if you have insurance coverage for your activities as an R/C flier, fine!

Do not join a club, if AMA membership is required and this requirement bothers you. Join a club that is not an AMA club. Don't join any club and fly by yourself; or, with a few R/Cers who have the similar opinions as you do.

This incessant arguing here, from both sides is getting absolutely nothing done and it is a sad state of affairs that people with supposedly the same interests can have such ill will towards each other!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Stickbuilder

Mode One,

If someone asks for an opinion, or asks a question, don't complain if he get some responses. The AMA, like all organizations is not perfect, or even close. We, who post here don't hate the AMA. We would like it to be better. If you only want to read posts from those who drink the Kool Aid and proclaim the EC to be infallible, or think that the AMA is a perfect organization, might I suggest the AMA's web forum. You can join in there.

This should not be construed as being an unfriendly post toward you, but if you want a dialogue, then take the good with the bad.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Some folks asked the AMA step up and provide a forum for its membership. Now we have one. Since it has been in use for a while now, care to share your thoughts on how well it is doing?

To me, it appears to be doing quite well. Membership is growing everyday and more and more folks are asking questions and commenting. Just recently, the president of the AMA provided a very detailed response on a post that had a number of questions that are often asked here and in other RC forums. The forum is definitely headed in the right direction and having a direct link in an open forum atmosphere to the AMA staff is very cool.

As always, thoughts and comments welcomed.

Frank
It sucks
Care to elaborate?

Regards
Frank Phelps
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Mode One

Mode One,

If someone asks for an opinion, or asks a question, don't complain if he get some responses. The AMA, like all organizations is not perfect, or even close. We, who post here don't hate the AMA. We would like it to be better. If you only want to read posts from those who drink the Kool Aid and proclaim the EC to be infallible, or think that the AMA is a perfect organization, might I suggest the AMA's web forum. You can join in there.

This should not be construed as being an unfriendly post toward you, but if you want a dialogue, then take the good with the bad.

Bill, AMA 4720
Since when do you get to put words in my mouth? You have no idea what I think about the AMA! You wouldn't listen, if I told you anyway, since according to you, I drink the Kool Aid! My interpretation of this statement is; your saying I'm a non-thinking pawn and it is not appreciated!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AMA forum from what I have seen has ailenated several members-due to the fact of one or two guys that try to shape every poster viewpoint to one their likeing. I could give you specific examples but due to the fact several post have been edited and removed by the moderators I do not have the information but there are several members that do have it. I have also seen the timestamp discreptancies in their (moderator)editing actions-for instance and post is edited two hours ago and it displays editing taken place 22 hours ago. I also have seen a moderator get called on what he posted and change his posting as if no one would notice. So Mr. Frank Phelps-the AMA forum SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it will not stand the test, it will be cleanse hopefully soon.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Mode One,

Bill, AMA 4720
Since when do you get to put words in my mouth? You have no idea what I think about the AMA! You wouldn't listen, if I told you anyway, since according to you, I drink the Kool Aid! My interpretation of this statement is; your saying I'm a non-thinking pawn and it is not appreciated!
Mode One,

If you will just slow down a tad, and get your finger off the trigger.....What I said was if you only wanted to read posts from those who drink the Kool Aid. I did not say that you did.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Mode One

I responded to what you've said to me Stickbuilder, well enough!

Per Stickbuilder: "We, who post here don't hate the AMA. We would like it to be better".

I hear this rebuttal from you guys, regularly and it begs the question: What have those of you who so incessantly criticize the AMA, actually gotten done towards it's betterment?

Besides the bad exposure which DOES manifest itself from the bitter opinions expressed, here all that ever really occurs on these forums is peoples opinions are voiced and since everyone has one, they are pretty much meaningless!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Stickbuilder

I responded to what you've said to me Stickbuilder, well enough!

Per Stickbuilder: ''We, who post here don't hate the AMA. We would like it to be better''.

I hear this rebuttal from you guys, regularly and it begs the question: What have those of you who so incessantly criticize the AMA, actually gotten done towards it's betterment?

Besides the bad exposure which DOES manifest itself from the bitter opinions expressed, here all that ever really occurs on these forums is peoples opinions are voiced and since everyone has one, they are pretty much meaningless!
We have attempted to do several things (notably quash the PPP), but to date, most of it has fallen on deaf ears. We were able to get the AMA to be represented at the Big Scale show, which was pretty much a first.

How about you, what have you accomplished?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Mr. Mugen

peoples opinions are voiced and since everyone has one, they are pretty much meaningless!

Kevin
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Mode One

How about you, what have you accomplished?

Bill, AMA 4720
Other then being an owner of a flying field for 14 years, provided gratis to the old club, officer and CD in the club I'm in now, fighting the good fight for the AMA, here on the forums, I have to admit, not much Stickbuilder and the last really has accomplished nothing! Whereas your side has likely contributed somewhat to the decline of the good name of the AMA.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Now we're being blamed for the decline of the AMA.......

If only it was that simple.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Mode One

Bad press is helpful to an organization, HOW?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
KenP
My Feedback: (1)

Oh yes stay quite and tote the line that is what good members do right? Welcome to the internet where a company has to stay in good graces of its paying customers to keep good press.

You want bad press go and read some of the comments of non-AMA members on the airsoft armed plane thread, the over bearing AMA members have already done more damage than any of us could ever accomplish.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
KidEpoxy

Mode-
fighting the good fight for the AMA, here on the forums,
wow, what a coincidence, that is what Stick and me & others have been doing

The problem is, you have decided that what you fight for is good and therefore those you fight are ... well, not good.
Case in point, Stick Me & Co have been been trying to prevent and then fix PPP for years (against the EC),
while those 'fighting the good fight for ama' have been, well, fighting that from happening,
so now that AMA is admitting the PPP started out and stayed in a dirt nap, are those that fought Stick Me & Co going to continue fighting for PPP (now against the EC) since that was the goodfight goal?

You ask what have we done.
We took the horse to the creek
even held its head under water
and the horse is still choosing to drown rather than drink, but now admits how thirsty it is.

Right now, the good fight crew are admitting the PPP in its current form is no good,
which is the same form its been infrom the start,
yet the self proclaimed goodfighters had to take up arms against those of us that said then what goodfighters say now

No Mode, you have no monopoly on fighting the good fight for AMA,
Stick Hoss Me & Co have been doing it for years,
be it the PPP,
conflict of interest,
or even back when the so-called goodfighters decried me as the antichrist for saying paintball was ok in AMA

heck,
Scroll the threads back and you'll see Stick going to bat full throttle to defend TonyS from alleged antiama bashing.
Yes Mode, Stick has been fighting the good fight for for AMA for years,
regardless of your goodfights with or against him.

What have we done?
Sorry, but Hoss' AMA goodfight resume is too vast for me to summarize here.

Bad press?
One option is to make sure the members keep quiet about all the bad stuff at AMA,
while another option would be to fix the bad stuff at AMA rather than continue the bad in silence.

I would choose a Badless ama that folks can proudly talk about,
over a badfull AMA with a code of silence to protect the ongoing badness.