Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

New flying site rules?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

New flying site rules?

Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New flying site rules?

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Our operation of flying models should follow the same path as that of a state drivers license. Either follow the required enforced rules, or walk.
LOL as though that would work! Do you know how many people fly RC who are not AMA? A bunch, there is no law requireing that kind of enforcement, and hopefully there will never be one.
Well, that "...hopefully there will never be one." kind of fell short this past Sunday, did it not?

I have a cap with the message on it: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers." (Government)

"Hopefully" is the least effective adverb that I know of.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 PM
karl hibbs
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard that alcohol was not allowed on any AMA flying site this year , is this true. thanks for the info
Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to my meager knowledge!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: karl hibbs

I heard that alcohol was not allowed on any AMA flying site this year , is this true. thanks for the info
The only actual AMA flying site is the National Aeromodeling Site in Muncie, and they do not allow alcohol to be consumed during an event by any participant.
As to other flying sites operated by AMA Chartered Clubs, the only thing that applies there from AMA is the 2010 Safety Code which says (General Section #9):

9. I will not operate my model aircraft while under the influence of alcohol or while using any drug which could adversely affect my ability to safely
control the model.
Beyond that it is up to each individual flying site to make their own rules regarding what goes on with regard to alcohol at the site.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Wouldn't "reasonable" be practical an economically feasable, i.e. cost effective?
No such thing as a "bullet proof training program", no such thing (swiss cheese syndrome and human thing, you know)!
Former ASI? Ops, A/W, AV, FSDO, R/O, IFO, etc?
hQQk
Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: AERORICH73

My discussion on the AMA website brought forth all kinds of excuses for the lack of safety rules, and enforcement.

AERORICH73
Really???? I looked and could not find the discussion you mentioned, care to provide a link?