Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director

Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director

Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director.

Anyone know why? AMA website has little info.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:29 AM
dbcisco
Banned

Default RE: Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director

Was it something I said?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM
KidEpoxy

Default RE: Academy of Model Aeronautics announces resignation of its executive director

Maybe they are just creating a vacancy to place Hoss inside Muncie.
without the mess of an election
Old 08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Silent-AV8R

I wonder if he resigned to take a better job or if he was "asked" to resign. It does seem as if the AMA has some difficulty retaining people in the ED position.

The AMA Press release is attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Db86267.pdf (148.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

bye
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Anyone know why? AMA website has little info.

News to me! My bet is we never will. Cherry had a very long history of job changes when he was hired to AMA. Maybe he has a better offer somewhere else.

Mathewson is taking AMA into some foreign territories such as the partnership with EAA. There could be some friction there.

In addition, at the April EC meeting the EC overrode the staff on the removal of the event calendar from MA. More friction possible.

There are countless speculations possible, so I will not speculate any more other than saying: Good ol' Joyce. She is always there to hold AMA together and she will again keep things moving. She knows the history of and everything about AMA.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 AM
KidEpoxy

Has anyone checked the security video of the Lawnmower Shed?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!![8D] Never doubt the combatpigg...this job was just a cup of coffee till he could land an even softer Chamber of Commerce, Town Counsel, School Board, etc., type gig.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:51 PM
dbcisco
Banned

School board is an unpaid position.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:54 PM
GAP-RCU

It's probably frustrating to be an executive of an organization like the AMA. Most MBA types have it drilled into their heads that "if you are not growing & changing, then you are dying."

The problem, I sense, is that most AMA members seem perfectly happy to allow the organization to ebb & flow as it may; to allow the membership to rise or fall to whatever. We're not particularly interested in growing anything (heck, we hate it when grass grows on the runway). After all, this is only a hobby, and we can't make people like aeronautics. When times are good, buy some land & make a few investments; when revenues are down, sell some assets & let a few programs fold. Just live within our means and get the bills paid.

Yeah, I can see how we would be frustrating to a gun-ho executive. Wonder who might be applying. Whatcha thinking, Hoss?
Old 08-21-2010, 04:17 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

School board is a springboard into the land of the softest and cushiest of all the public service careers.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Jim is a professional Manager. They come and they go. So I guess that we'll have Joyce for an undisclosed amount of time again. Wonder if we will get more emails asking our opinion on issues, and then have the suggestions ignored again..........

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
bradpaul

Got the inside scoop at the RCACF club meeting this morning.......... will not go into details, but if you think the PPP program is going away,think again, the EC is committed to grow the membership and attract younger flyers and to find the right people to make it work.

Brad
Old 08-21-2010, 06:47 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

School board is a springboard into the land of the softest and cushiest of all the public service careers.
I guess one could get into politics for the wrong reasons.[]
Old 08-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!![8D] Never doubt the combatpigg...this job was just a cup of coffee till he could land an even softer Chamber of Commerce, Town Counsel, School Board, etc., type gig.
I will NEVER doubt combatpigg....OK psych! [X(]
Old 08-21-2010, 07:53 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Is this for true?
" Steve Kaluf has been fired by the AMA Executive VP Jim Cherry during the IRCHA Jamboree because he climbed on a mower owned by the AMA while he was on vacation to help prepare the field for the event."
Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

will not go into details, but if you think the PPP program is going away,think again, the EC is committed to grow the membership and attract younger flyers and to find the right people to make it work.
If that is true, then the EC seems to be heading the wrong way.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:27 PM
cj_rumley

Is this for true?
'' Steve Kaluf has been fired by the AMA Executive VP Jim Cherry during the IRCHA Jamboree because he climbed on a mower owned by the AMA while he was on vacation to help prepare the field for the event.''
Hint: This forum has a very good search engine.

This time, look [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6242763]HERE[/link]
Old 08-21-2010, 08:35 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley
Duh, I read them. "Is it true?" was never answered.
I wondered if anything has come to light in the last 3 years.
Such an intelligent donkey. If you know then say "its true, or not" if you don't know then stay in the barn.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 PM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley
Duh, I read them. ''Is it true?'' was never answered.
I wondered if anything has come to light in the last 3 years.
Such an intelligent donkey. If you know then say ''its true, or not'' if you don't know then stay in the barn.
Sheesh..........a first person account of that sorry episode from Steve K didn't do it for you?

Headin' back to the the barn.......
Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
RCRON
My Feedback: (33)

I don`t much like that **** eating grin on Mr. Mastersons face!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 PM
KidEpoxy

ahhh, the Lawnmower thread.... classic

Part of the Advanced RCU Studies trilogy:
The Lawnmower Inquiry
The Paintball Debacle

and The Conflict of Interest Confrontation

once you study those threads, and get an understanding of the monies in and out of the MA Magazine,
then you have truly earned your Adv RCU patch

[8D]
Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
dbcisco
Banned

One side of the story doesn't make it true.
If Steve's story is true (not implying it isn't), then Cherry's departure was long over due.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
dbcisco
Banned

I read all 30 pages. That is where I quoted from. Steve's statement is only half the story. I was just wondering if anything has come to light in the last 3 years.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:38 PM
cj_rumley

I read all 30 pages. That is where I quoted from. Steve's statement is only half the story. I was just wondering if anything has come to light in the last 3 years.
Ask AMA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.