Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Solutions for AMA's membership decline

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Solutions for AMA's membership decline

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:26 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Appowner
Well, based on the last few conversations I had with my Virginia Representatives (have since moved), the mention of the AMA on the hill tends to bring a sly smile and even a chuckle or two from staffers and elected alike.

Take it for what it's worth.
Sounds like what I'm hearing from former colleagues that now work inside the government.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
And that's why they require EC be elected from only the pool of LMs, and the existing EC controls who is and isn't an LM. That way they ensure the pool of potential EC members are always like minded folks. So in that sense, the EC family tree looks not like a tree, but more like a totem pole.

I agree it's time to put a little chlorine in the AMA gene pool. The question "How?"
Incompetence seeks out and hires more incompetence. Ensuring the continuation of the incompetent status quo.

As for the Chloine? Competent competition! A CBO that offers value to everyone. How does need to be worked out. But it was done before with SFA. I have no doubt it could be done again.

Last edited by Appowner; 09-13-2018 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:56 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”
--Albert Einstein

AMA and the rest of the industry (that's still in business) has collectively spent more than likely millions in an attempt to increase participation in our great hobby/sport.
Yet, things continue to go south. Logically, for all practical purposes, unless anyone has a better idea, there is not much, if anything more AMA can do.
When I worked at GM, they had a suggestion program. Problem was, the engineers had to ok each suggestion. In other words, it was like the fox guarding the chicken coup. Seems that the engineers felt that if they passed too many suggestions, they would end up putting themselves out of a job.

How many of you have sent in growth ideas to AMA that were for the most part, ignored?

"What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Last edited by fliers1; 09-22-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fliers1

How many of you have sent in growth ideas to AMA that were for the most part, ignored?
Provided them a comprehensive plan to enable clubs to purchase their own flying sites. Ignored for the most part. Last time I offered them anything.