RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   New Ownership...New Numbers? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/10924059-new-ownership-new-numbers.html)

JH313 01-23-2012 05:54 PM

New Ownership...New Numbers?

My uncle got me into this hobby(addiction) about a year ago, teaching me everything I know. Unfortunately, he passed away a few months later, much to everybody's surprise. I was honored when my Aunt gave me his favorite airplane, a scratchbuilt gasser. When I get the nerves to fly it, I was wondering if I need to change the AMA and IMAA numbers. I don't want to change anything in his legacy, but I would put my information on the inside. Can I keep it the way it is?
Thanks,
Jacob

init4fun 01-23-2012 06:05 PM

RE: New Ownership...New Numbers?

I would reccomend that you get in touch with the AMA directly , and see if there is any way they could transfer his number to you . You may be required to provide proof of his passing on , but if you can do it , it would be a great way to keep his legacy alive with his Model plane still bearing his number .....

Tomorrow Morning , Call 1 800 IFLYAMA and ask for membership services .... THEY will be able to answer without speculation , which is all that a chat forum will bring ya when its not directly connected to the organization in question (In Other Words , the AMA dont monitor or respond to this board !!!)

Good Luck , Sorry to hear of your loss , and I hope you CAN get his number reassigned ...........

littlecrankshaf 01-23-2012 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: JH313

My uncle got me into this hobby(addiction) about a year ago, teaching me everything I know. Unfortunately, he passed away a few months later, much to everybody's surprise. I was honored when my Aunt gave me his favorite airplane, a scratchbuilt gasser. When I get the nerves to fly it, I was wondering if I need to change the AMA and IMAA numbers. I don't want to change anything in his legacy, but I would put my information on the inside. Can I keep it the way it is?
Thanks,
Jacob
Sure, just keep his numbers intact. Just consider them the N-numbers...

scottrc 01-31-2012 09:58 AM

The AMA doesn't require numbers on the outside of the aircraft to be the official identifier of the plane's owner, so you can keep the original numbers on the plane. You do need to have a card affixed inside the plane with your current AMA number, address, and phone number.

Good idea about asking the AMA if his number can be transferred to you, let us know how it works out.

Silent-AV8R 01-31-2012 10:58 AM

From the 2012 Safety Code:

Ensure the aircraft is identified with the name and address or AMA number of the owner on the inside or affixed to the outside of the model aircraft.
(This does not apply to model aircraft flown indoors).

bradpaul 01-31-2012 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Ensure the aircraft is identified with the name and address or AMA number of the owner on the inside or affixed to the outside of the model aircraft.

Anybody want to guestimate what percentage of RC model aircraft antually have the AMA number, name, address posted on the inside?

I quess 1%

I hane never seen it on the inside of a heli for example............

Brad
<br type="_moz" />

Silent-AV8R 01-31-2012 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Never say never, although mine is on the outside [&:]

bradpaul 01-31-2012 02:15 PM

Never say never, although mine is on the outside [&amp;:]

Well now I can say I have seen it.............. you are officially part of the 1% ................. just don't let the "occupy" gang know.

Brad
<br type="_moz" />

804 01-31-2012 02:42 PM

Anybody want to guestimate what percentage of RC model aircraft antually have the AMA number, name, address posted on the inside?

I quess 1%

Brad
<br type=''_moz'' />
You actually go around looking on the inside of heli's for AMA numbers?:)

JH313 01-31-2012 04:57 PM

Thanks for all of the advice, here are what I have found:
It is possible to transfer the AMA number, although ultimately I have decided against it, I want to make an identity for myself.
I will, though, keep the numbers on his plane.
Almost every plane I see has AMA info on the inside (including my own) and I will do the same with this gasser.

Thanks!
Jacob

bradpaul 01-31-2012 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 804

I quess 1%

Brad
<br type="" />
No never have and I guess that is why I have never seen it. OK RCU heli flyers how many of you actually have the info posted inside your heli? Other then Silent?

Brad

cj_rumley 01-31-2012 05:31 PM

Getting in practice for alternative enforcement of the alternative CBO<strike>regulations</strike> standards http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/72_72.gif

blikseme300 01-31-2012 06:34 PM

I quess 1%

Brad
<br type=''_moz'' />
Interesting question. My experience has been that the most Nazi-like enforcers of AMA rules don't abide by it themselves. Like the esteemed members of our congress that make laws that apply to everyone except themselves.

Let's see how long this post lasts before it is redacted or deleted.

Bliksem

804 01-31-2012 07:33 PM

I quess 1%

Brad
<br type='''' />
No never have and I guess that is why I have never seen it. OK RCU heli flyers how many of you actually have the info posted inside your heli? Other then Silent?

Brad
I have it in all my planes, but it never
occurred to me to put in my heil's.
Don't know why.
Guess I never figured one would get any farther
than a few yards from me if (when) I lost control.
So far, that 's held true.

littlecrankshaf 01-31-2012 09:42 PM

It’s an outdated requisite that was mainly for free-flight...