RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   FAA Registration Poll (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11624827-faa-registration-poll.html)

StevL 12-22-2015 08:32 AM

FAA Registration Poll

Lets please keep this simple, I'm looking for some data for our club.

Thx,
Steve

dreamwever 12-22-2015 09:15 AM

I think I will wait for AMA . I don't think what they are doing is wright. we already have numbers that could be used. and what about the 2014 ruling already with Gov on the FAA.

ira d 12-22-2015 09:27 AM

I have already registered.

StevL 12-22-2015 11:22 AM

Waiting

rcontroler 12-22-2015 02:28 PM

Gonna wait it out even if it costs me the $5.

rusty0125 12-22-2015 03:10 PM

Waiting on the AMA along with StevL and rcontroler. :cool:

LINDLERC 12-22-2015 07:31 PM

I think it's way beyond time to reevaluate our relationship with the AMA.

52larry52 12-22-2015 08:38 PM

No rush to sign up just yet for me. I'll give it (AMA) a little time and see what happens, however I'am not holding my breath waiting for a miracle.:rolleyes:

StevL 12-23-2015 02:57 PM

295 views and 26 votes.... we can do better than that!

Steve

Granpooba 12-23-2015 03:29 PM

Just spent my last XMAS dollar and now waiting for Mrs. to issue next weeks allowance. NOT !!!! hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Living here in the Northeast and even though we are having a very mild winter, I do not see myself doing any flying until next Spring. Thus, I just do not see any reason to register yet. AMA recommendation or not ! :o

BradneyD 12-23-2015 06:17 PM

Already registered.
why wait its free even if ama comes thru and we do not need to register.you can always throw away the faa number.
i did not cost anything .

combatpigg 12-24-2015 09:00 AM

I've got no reason to jump the gun.
If the AMA needs to furnish the FAA with proof of their strength as a Community Based Organization, it begins right here with ME honoring the AMA's simple request to wait.

mr_matt 12-24-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by combatpigg (Post 12148473)
If the AMA needs to furnish the FAA with proof of their strength as a Community Based Organization, it begins right here with ME honoring the AMA's simple request to wait.

That's what I figure. We are in this mess now, I don't see any other way out

porcia83 12-24-2015 02:45 PM

It's onward and forward, for better or worse. More action took place yesterday which hopefully will lead to a final disposition one way or another. I'm guessing some will be happy, others will not, but the past is the past. Meanwhile, we should still fly and enjoy the hobby.

handyman 12-26-2015 11:09 AM

I will do it,,,,,i dont know why everyone is saying lets fight it....understand one thing the gov doesnt lose....they can and will say ok no more flying thats it...dont think it cant happen?....you need a lic to drive you need ins for you car......well 5.00 for flying isnt that... Bad.......sure there are to many rules and yes everyone want there freedom...but this is one we all can live with.....i would rather say ok lets do it and not worry about someone saying ok theres no more flying for any one.......just a thought mind you......AND ALSO THINK OF THIS....THERE ARE MANY CLUBS WHO FLY AT PARKS OR PLACES CONTROLED BY THE STATE..OR LOCAL TOWNS..AND IF THE FAA SAYS ANY ONE WHO DOESNT REG CANT USE THAT LAND,,,,,,,,

52larry52 12-27-2015 07:54 PM

I flew with a group of guys today at a non AMA flying site. There were 7 pilots flying, 5 were current AMA members, and 2 were ex AMA members. All knew of and understood the upcoming need to register with the FAA and all 100% of us are in a wait and see holding pattern till next month due to AMA's request to hold off registering. Just a non scientific sample of support of AMA's request. We all agreed we would register when "times up " so we could fly legally but no one has done it yet.

StevL 12-29-2015 08:14 AM

Sunday we had three new people show up with Quads they received for Christmas, these were not people we have seen before they are all new to the hobby looking for advice. At least they are seeking advice!

Steve

porcia83 12-29-2015 08:18 AM

Don't leave us hanging....need the rest of the story !! :)

StevL 12-29-2015 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by porcia83 (Post 12151440)
Don't leave us hanging....need the rest of the story !! :)

They all had new DJI quads (I think they are neighbors). They all knew about registering with the FAA, we basically made them aware of where they should not fly them. They seemed rather stunned that I (we) couldn't agree with them wanting to fly them at their kids sporting events to get the "birds eye view". We had a good chat and two of them flew their new toys at our field. They were also amazed at seeing giant scale gas planes and the one turbine fly, like kids in a candy store.

Steve

dreamwever 12-30-2015 09:27 AM

Good morning Steve

dreamwever 12-30-2015 09:31 AM

Good morning Steve WY

StevL 01-04-2016 06:52 PM

Okay, we are using this poll data for a discussion at our club meeting this Thursday, more votes would be appreciated!

steve

Granpooba 01-06-2016 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by combatpigg (Post 12148473)

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

If the AMA had any strength in the first place, we all would not be discussing this issue on so many forums. :o

jelge 01-08-2016 08:23 AM

I don't see an option that fits me. I am waiting but I am not waiting for the AMA. I spend hundreds of dollars a year in dues for business related organizations so when things got tight I cut the hobby memberships. I did finally renew with the NRA so maybe the AMA will be next but with no local clubs or flying sites there isn't much incentive.

porcia83 01-08-2016 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by jelge (Post 12158135)
I don't see an option that fits me. I am waiting but I am not waiting for the AMA. I spend hundreds of dollars a year in dues for business related organizations so when things got tight I cut the hobby memberships. I did finally renew with the NRA so maybe the AMA will be next but with no local clubs or flying sites there isn't much incentive.

If you don't fly at clubs and already have insurance for your home the AMA might not be something you need. Where do you fly now?