RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11644589-poll-you-ama-member-because-you-want-because-you-have.html)

astrohog 11-02-2019 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12560958)
If you hadn't noticed the tread topic had pretty well played out. You are just going to have to wait until another one comes up to get your argument fix.

LOL So.….it's okay if I rob the bank after someone else has?
You, sir, are a real piece of work!!!

Propworn 11-02-2019 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12560958)
If you hadn't noticed the tread topic had pretty well played out. You are just going to have to wait until another one comes up to get your argument fix.

Astro's reply seems like he's working on that fix as you post LOL!!!!!!

speedracerntrixie 11-02-2019 08:40 AM

LOL where do you come up with these? Personally I thought it was pretty cool that a moderator came into the thread without having to scold anyone, we enjoyed the fact that a couple of us are in the latest issue of Model Aviation, I answered a question about battery charging and then the topic of women came up, I simply followed along with the conversation until you came along this morning slinging mud. Sorry your such an unhappy person.

speedracerntrixie 11-02-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Propworn (Post 12560962)
Astro's reply seems like he's working on that fix as you post LOL!!!!!!

I agree, I have no clue about the guy other then he seems to come here to work out his anger issues.

bleinmiller 11-08-2019 09:30 AM

Ama

I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park. Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park. If I didn't have homeowner insurance, I'd have joined AMA long ago.

speedracerntrixie 11-08-2019 10:17 AM

I'm going to assume that you have followed up with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. I would also check very carefully with the city/county to make sure that they did not require the club to be AMA chartered. These things can be funny sometimes. The city/county could very well require a charter for a club to operate as to avoid the liability in case of an accident although there could be city laws in place that the club can't force membership. Insurance companies have teams of lawyers hired to find loopholes, by not being a member it could be said that you are not following the safety code and the insurance company could refuse the claim. Personally I don't think that saving the $75 per year justifies the additional risk. A lawsuit gone wrong could easily cost you your house.

init4fun 11-08-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by bleinmiller (Post 12562371)
I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park. Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park. If I didn't have homeowner insurance, I'd have joined AMA long ago.

If I understand your post correctly , the local public park has an AMA chartered club operating there , and you aren't a member of that club or the AMA , and you fly there ? I'd be curious what agreement the club has with the city/town administrators , if the town actually does allow people unaffiliated with the club to fly there , since the AMA member has automatic proof of insurance by the membership they hold and someone unaffiliated may or may not have insurance ?

:rolleyes: PS , If you aren't a club member and your flying there , I'll bet your REAL popular with the club members , eh ?

bleinmiller 11-08-2019 08:58 PM

Ama

In a public park, people unaffiliated with the AMA chartered club cant be turned away. Although we welcome everybody, I never said I wasnt a member. Membership fees help with gas for mowing and other various maintenance tasks.

We have the same issue with our rc car track, it's also in a park. Us volunteers do all the work to get the track dragged and smooth then Joe Public goes mudding on it with his monster truck.

init4fun 11-09-2019 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by bleinmiller (Post 12562371)
I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park.

Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park.

Originally Posted by bleinmiller (Post 12562522)
......... I never said I wasnt a member.......

So it's a "local club and AMA required field" , and your a club member , with no AMA ? I gotta admit , I've never once seen an AMA chartered club that will allow non AMA members to be club members . And while the public park (the town officials in charge of it , that is) can't specifically require AMA membership , they most certainly CAN if they so desire require proof of some kind of insurance for people operating any type of motorized devices in the public park .

PS , if you like flying there , fly safely , VERY safely , because the first incident involving some kind of financial claim being levied against the city/town will be the end of any flying there , trust me .....

mongo 11-09-2019 07:50 AM

kinda depends on weather or not KS is a "hold harmless" state like TX and a few others are.

landowners can not be sued for allowing recreational use of their property.

Propworn 11-09-2019 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12562584)
kinda depends on weather or not KS is a "hold harmless" state like TX and a few others are.

landowners can not be sued for allowing recreational use of their property.

Mongo this was addressed in another forum I frequent for off road RVing and off road ATV and motorcycle use. There are exceptions to the hold harmless clauses. The land owner is responsible to insure the people who are using his property are going to act in a reasonable and responsible manner. If their actions intentionally put others at risk or if there are guests of the landowner or the group using the property or if there is any fee levied for use or entry fee the hold harmless clause may or may not hold up in court. Its not just a simple cut and dry exclusion on the part of the land owner. That is why even in Texas and the other states that have that exception most clubs are located on land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers because its public land and is covered as such. Does the AMA provide first person coverage for a landowner?

Dennis