RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   "Unwashed Masses" not permitted to see blog post? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11680666-unwashed-masses-not-permitted-see-blog-post.html)

franklin_m 07-16-2020 10:09 AM

"Unwashed Masses" not permitted to see blog post?

The latest AMA Government Affairs blog post is shown as "Protected Content" and requires a password to view ... I guess the "unwashed masses" aren't permitted to view this (and yes, I was logged in).

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...c2594898d7.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...84ed8668dd.jpg

FUTABA-RC 07-16-2020 11:20 AM

Hopefully it is a webmaster error. If not, it is definitely fishy.

franklin_m 07-16-2020 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC (Post 12618377)
Hopefully it is a webmaster error. If not, it is definitely fishy.

If that's what it turns out to be, keep in mind it's our membership money paying for that mediocrity. And paying the salaries of everyone supervising (and thus tolerating that mediocrity) ... right up to the ED that's accountable for the entire operation.

BarracudaHockey 07-16-2020 12:56 PM

Shame really that you need to find conspiracy in everything.

Try back tomorrow, you just stumbled onto something that is a work in progress.

franklin_m 07-16-2020 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12618397)
Shame really that you need to find conspiracy in everything.Try back tomorrow, you just stumbled onto something that is a work in progress.

I guess I gave them credit that one would not make a "work in progress" website visible to the public. Conspiracy isn't accurate, but incompetence is. And we're paying that salary.

And we wonder why AMA is going broke. Continuing to pay for mediocre performance.

FUTABA-RC 07-16-2020 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by franklin_m (Post 12618399)
I guess I gave them credit that one would not make a "work in progress" website visible to the public. Conspiracy isn't accurate, but incompetence is. And we're paying that salary.

And we wonder why AMA is going broke. Continuing to pay for mediocre performance.

I think you are way over reacting to a simple web master error. Is it really that big of a deal to you? It seems there is no slight or error too small for you to jump on. People make mistakes, what's the big deal??

BarracudaHockey 07-16-2020 02:30 PM

It's not even an error, there's a reason its that way but when you're perfect it's easy to look down upon other people

franklin_m 07-16-2020 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12618408)
It's not even an error, there's a reason its that way but when you're perfect it's easy to look down upon other people

So someone thought it a good idea to put something on a public facing website with not so much as a "This is a test of a new feature..." or something to provide a modicum of explanation. Just throw it up there.

"Just throw it up there ... " another hallmark of a well managed organization.

franklin_m 07-16-2020 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC (Post 12618407)
People make mistakes, what's the big deal??

What's the big deal?

First, we're not paying for mistakes.

Second, it's not like it's their only mistake on the website, remember the features that didn't work? And now there's talk of spending more money to correct what should never have happened in the first place.

Third, it's not like this is their only mistake. The last time it was someone "forgetting" to post the minutes. For two months?

There's others, but it's a pattern of behavior. One clearly tolerated by the ED. Again, we're paying for mediocrity.

FUTABA-RC 07-16-2020 06:25 PM

Oh give it a rest already.

R_Strowe 07-16-2020 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC (Post 12618435)
Oh give it a rest already.

Just don't respond to the troll. After all, it is impossible to match or exceed such perfection.

What amazes me is why he is still a member of such a group of imperfect individuals, or such a mediocre organization. It truly baffles me.

R_Strowe

Hydro Junkie 07-16-2020 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by R_Strowe (Post 12618438)
What amazes me is why he is still a member of such a group of imperfect individuals, or such a mediocre organization. It truly baffles me.

R_Strowe

Does it baffle you as to why I won't join the AMA, even though I have R/C airplanes under construction and more waiting in the wings?

R_Strowe 07-16-2020 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie (Post 12618451)
Does it baffle you as to why I won't join the AMA, even though I have R/C airplanes under construction and more waiting in the wings?

No, it doesn't. I agree that the AMA has serious issues. I've never denied that.

I am simply fed up with 1 specific individual who nit-picks and demands apparently absolute perfection from everybody involved with a certain CBO. Continuously. And that I am utterly flabbergasted that said individual continues to be a part of such a flawed (in his opinion) organization, that's all. He doesn't agree with the National Aeromodeling Center. That's fine, we get it. If it pains him so much then again, why be a member of it? The constant degradation of it and the AMA however is not going to fix ANYTHING. And his acerbic tone simply guarantees that they will simply ignore him more. A more diplomatic tone would serve both him and the hobby more.

And that said individual has worked towards the detriment of the hobby as a whole. Has said that he really doesn't care, if the FAA gets too onerous he'll just go do something else. Maybe I misread that, but my take on that is if you don't do it my way, then screw you and your hobby, who cares if it dies. I find that attitude unacceptable.

R_Strowe

franklin_m 07-17-2020 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by R_Strowe (Post 12618456)
... And his acerbic tone simply guarantees that they will simply ignore him more. A more diplomatic tone would serve both him and the hobby more.

I keep extensive email records. In 2016 alone, I sent over 15 "diplomatic tone" emails to ED, AVP, D3, and other HQ staff ... same results - nothing changed. Including some regarding need to get out in front of messaging and data keeping in order to rebut efforts to regulate ... oddly, most of what I predicted to them 6 years ago has come to pass.

FUTABA-RC 07-17-2020 07:12 AM

BTW, the link is active.

Airspace Classification | AMA IN ACTION Advocating for Members