RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   STILL no agenda for upcoming EC mtg - AMA keeping members in the dark! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11689554-still-no-agenda-upcoming-ec-mtg-ama-keeping-members-dark.html)

franklin_m 04-19-2021 07:52 AM

STILL no agenda for upcoming EC mtg - AMA keeping members in the dark!

There's an EC meeting happening soon, and despite being just days away, the ruling cabal at "Taj-Muncie" STILL has not published any agenda, let alone a detailed one!

How can you engage your rep before votes if you don't know what's being voted on?

How can you provide meaningful input, before votes are cast, for recommended changes when they don't share details of policy changes being considered?

How can you provide meaningful input, before votes are cast, for strategy changes (with associated spending) when they don't share details before voting?

astrohog 04-19-2021 03:12 PM

If I didn't know better, you sound surprised? ;)

Hydro Junkie 04-19-2021 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by astrohog (Post 12674024)
If I didn't know better, you sound surprised? ;)

I was thinking more irritated than surprised myself

franklin_m 04-20-2021 02:08 AM

Neither surprised or shocked, other than our resident EC member is silent on the topic. I was kinda looking forward to an expiation about why it's a good thing - that despite two months between meetings, the AMA can't even publish a detailed agenda in time for members to know what's going to be voted on.

Retiredat38 04-20-2021 02:41 AM

Maybe the AMA should change its name to Enron? :)

Pretty obvious to me the EC is unwilling to do anything different. Also pretty obvious the local DVP is equally unwilling. And that all comes from the apathetic membership being unwilling or even ignorant of the whole thing.

I expect there will be great wailing and gnashing of teeth here immediately before and once the AMA goes under. No doubt some, like Franklin will be burned in effigy for Not doing enough.

astrohog 04-20-2021 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Retiredat38 (Post 12674083)
Maybe the AMA should change its name to Enron? :)

Pretty obvious to me the EC is unwilling to do anything different. Also pretty obvious the local DVP is equally unwilling. And that all comes from the apathetic membership being unwilling or even ignorant of the whole thing.

I expect there will be great wailing and gnashing of teeth here immediately before and once the AMA goes under. No doubt some, like Franklin will be burned in effigy for Not doing enough.

I'm pretty sure it will be quite the opposite; it will all be Franklin's fault! LOL

Hydro Junkie 04-20-2021 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by astrohog (Post 12674095)
I'm pretty sure it will be quite the opposite; it will all be Franklin's fault! LOL

Nope, not Franklin's fault. It will be Franklin and his "minions" for causing problems that the AMA couldn't overcome.

franklin_m 04-20-2021 04:38 PM

So the agenda was published today. No detail. And NOT A SINGLE item is marked as requiring a vote. Therefore, if minutes later show they voted on proposals, the AMA EC is, by definition, deciding things w/o first telling the members they will be voting on the issue. And of course there's no detail, so members have no idea what their feelings are in favor or against any particular issue.

AMA: "Keeping members in the dark for 80 years!"

franklin_m 04-26-2021 07:31 AM

Update:

The meeting was this past weekend. On the published agenda, it indicates that items requiring votes be marked, none were.
On Friday I asked both my DVP and the ED for writeups on anything that will be voted upon during the meeting, neither responded.

Mark my words. When the minutes come out, there will be multiple items they voted on despite not giving members details in advance, even when they ask directly. At BEST this is really poor process. At worst, it could be a violation of some IRS or state non-profit transparency rule.