RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   FAA administrative lapse causes US Capitol evacuation (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11698714-faa-administrative-lapse-causes-us-capitol-evacuation.html)

init4fun 04-21-2022 12:54 PM

FAA administrative lapse causes US Capitol evacuation

So, according to the Capitol police, the FAA failed to notify them that a plane with a team of skydivers was approved to fly past the Capitol, on their way to be dropped at a Washington Nationals baseball game. The Capitol was evacuated in a near panic as the "menacing" aircraft passed. While this was going on it gave me this one thought; much is said here about the AMA not always getting it right, and while that's true, it's also true that the FAA itself isn't 100% perfect either, and thank God none of OUR mistakes have ever made front page news for two days in a row like this story has.....

Methinks someone in the FAA chain of command has some 'Splainin to do, , , like Ricky always used to say to Lucy :p

speedracerntrixie 04-21-2022 05:20 PM

LOL, maybe the FAA is too busy plotting against the AMA and their clubs and forgot they approved that flight. The all powerful FAA.

Hydro Junkie 04-21-2022 07:03 PM

And where did anyone say the FAA was plotting against the AMA?
What WAS SAID is "much is said here about the AMA not always getting it right, and while that's true, it's also true that the FAA itself isn't 100% perfect either". To me, that reads as "We're all human and we all make mistakes". The complaints we've had about the AMA leadership are that:
  • they don't require members to follow rules,
  • they don't let the members know what's going on or, if they do, it's not in a timely manner
  • they don't listen to anything they are said or suggested by the members.
Those three "bullet points" are consistent in, what can only be called "secrecy" during the daily operation of the AMA administration. An FAA representative failing to inform local government officials about an event that is preplanned and approved does not show the same issues. It shows that people in government jobs can make mistakes, be it through oversight, overwork or lack of attention to the details. The difference is that, when someone at a federal agency makes a mistake, it is normally noticed and either advertised or hidden, depending on what that mistake was. In the case of the AMA, the secrecy is intentional

rgburrill 04-22-2022 03:33 AM

The Commander-in-Chief of all United States military forces was not informed by HIS subordinates that one of HIS planes was flying by the Capital and it's the fault of the FAA? Or maybe he was asleep during the briefing?

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie (Post 12724874)
And where did anyone say the FAA was plotting against the AMA?
What WAS SAID is "much is said here about the AMA not always getting it right, and while that's true, it's also true that the FAA itself isn't 100% perfect either". To me, that reads as "We're all human and we all make mistakes". The complaints we've had about the AMA leadership are that:
  • they don't require members to follow rules,
  • they don't let the members know what's going on or, if they do, it's not in a timely manner
  • they don't listen to anything they are said or suggested by the members.
Those three "bullet points" are consistent in, what can only be called "secrecy" during the daily operation of the AMA administration. An FAA representative failing to inform local government officials about an event that is preplanned and approved does not show the same issues. It shows that people in government jobs can make mistakes, be it through oversight, overwork or lack of attention to the details. The difference is that, when someone at a federal agency makes a mistake, it is normally noticed and either advertised or hidden, depending on what that mistake was. In the case of the AMA, the secrecy is intentional

Franklin multiple times when it’s mentioned that the FAA hasn’t interfered with any events known to be flown over 400’ has claimed “ the FAA is giving the AMA enough rope “.

Hydro Junkie 04-22-2022 04:43 AM

The initial post didn't include any statements from Franklin so, as I see it, unless he decides to comment in this thread, he's a non-factor in this thread. That said, you may have drawn him into it by bringing him up

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie (Post 12724906)
The initial post didn't include any statements from Franklin so, as I see it, unless he decides to comment in this thread, he's a non-factor in this thread. That said, you may have drawn him into it by bringing him up

Weak Hydro, Very weak. We both know he has said that multiple times which would indicate he is of the opinion that some “ plotting “ is taking place. Now do I think the FAA is plotting against the AMA? Absolutely not. My initial post in this thread was intended as a little levity.

However since we are talking about the failings of the FAA, you may or may not be aware that VP Harris flew into PDX yesterday. On Wednesday I received a Notam/TFR from the AMA with regards to the no fly date, time and distance of the no fly zone. Nothing from the FAA. Since UAS pilots aren’t required to be CBO members how many did not know about the TFR and flew yesterday? Of course impossible to say but the potential was there. Why didn’t the FAA whom has all our information not send out the TFR?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...da5d6bdf0a.png

Hydro Junkie 04-22-2022 05:42 AM

Air Force One is also in Seattle and Everett today. Only thing I've heard was on the local news, that being through the wife since I was at work. For all I know, I might not even be able to get to work today, depending on where the senile idiot is and how much area is blocked off because of him

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 05:53 AM

Exactly my point. You own UAS but are not an AMA member and did not get a notification. You got information ( minus important details ) from your wife. Do you have FAA registration?

astrohog 04-22-2022 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724894)
Franklin multiple times when it’s mentioned that the FAA hasn’t interfered with any events known to be flown over 400’ has claimed “ the FAA is giving the AMA enough rope “.

Hardly supports your statement that, "Maybe the FAA is too busy plotting against the AMA". You are the only one that said anything about the FAA "plotting". You use misleading terms all the time as a way to spin your narrative.

If the FAA chose to enforce the law, nobody here would say they were, "plotting" against the AMA. Nobody has claimed that by choosing NOT to enforce the law, the FAA is plotting against the AMA. In fact, to my knowledge, nobody here has claimed that the FAA is plotting against the AMA ever.

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 07:10 AM

However they're taking the approach of giving individuals and organizations plenty of rope to hang themselves.

Cut and paste from a different thread. Franklin’s exact wording. One could easily take his statement as he feels the FAA is “ plotting “.

astrohog 04-22-2022 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724933)
However they're taking the approach of giving individuals and organizations plenty of rope to hang themselves.

Yes, this was a statement made by Franklin. Safe to assume that is his opinion, or was simply tossing it out there as a, "Perhaps"? Hardly an armed mob of people claiming that the FAA is out to get the AMA.

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
One could easily take his statement as he feels the FAA is “ plotting “.

Yep, one. You.

I doubt anybody else here took it that way. I certainly didn't.

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by astrohog (Post 12724939)

Yep, one. You.

I doubt anybody else here took it that way. I certainly didn't.

Astro

Why not let people speak for themselves?

I see neither you nor Hydro are addressing the fact that the Portland and Seattle TFR came from the AMA and not the FAA.

astrohog 04-22-2022 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724954)
Why not let people speak for themselves?

You do realize how hypocritical this statement is, right?

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I see neither you nor Hydro are addressing the fact that the Portland and Seattle TFR came from the AMA and not the FAA.

Why would I? Why do I care? Why would you even point that out?

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by astrohog (Post 12724959)

Why would I? Why do I care? Why would you even point that out?

Astro

It directly relates to the thread topic.

astrohog 04-22-2022 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724960)
It directly relates to the thread topic.

UMMM...NO, the thread topic is regarding what happened in Washington D.C.

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 12:56 PM

If this was your thread I would respect that and leave it alone. Since it’s not your thread how about I just tell you GO POUND SAND!

Since the thread topic is about the FAA’s failure to inform the capital of an approved flight plan then the FAA’s failure to notify every registered UAS pilot of a TFR in their area certainly is relatable.

astrohog 04-22-2022 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724969)
If this was your thread I would respect that and leave it alone. Since it’s not your thread how about I just tell you GO POUND SAND!

Since the thread topic is about the FAA’s failure to inform the capital of an approved flight plan then the FAA’s failure to notify every registered UAS pilot of a TFR in their area certainly is relatable.

And there you go, slinging mud. Why can't you have a conversation without doing that? My statements ring true, you continue to just try and not be wrong.

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 01:20 PM

Get a grip, just because you make a baseless claim, which you have done several times in this thread does not make it so. Example, claiming what other people think/conclude concerning a statement made by Franklin. Fact most threads I participate in are reasonably civil until you show up and start shoveling your BS.

astrohog 04-22-2022 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724969)

Thread ownership? WEAK SAUCE! What a joke!

Public forum, public thread.

Astro

astrohog 04-22-2022 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724971)
Get a grip, just because you make a baseless claim, which you have done several times in this thread does not make it so. Example, claiming what other people think/conclude concerning a statement made by Franklin. Fact most threads I participate in are reasonably civil until you show up and start shoveling your BS.

Not true. The ONLY threads that you are involved in that remain civil are the ones where nobody disagrees with you. FACT. And I'm not only talking about threads where I am involved. There are multitudes of examples on other forums where your threads are derailed simply because others disagree with you.

Do you even realize how hypocritical your statement is about me claiming what other people think concerning statements that have been made? You do it all the time! You have already done it in this thread! Take a look in the mirror.

I've been completely civil with you through this entire conversation. Yes, I've disagreed and posed a different opinion/perspective/point of view, but you view that as an attack and go on the offensive with your mud-slinging. Take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Oh, BTW, speaking of baseless claims, care to explain what I have said that constitutes "shoveling BS"?

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 02:17 PM

Post 14. Nothing but you shoveling your BS.

mongo 04-22-2022 02:43 PM

has anyone, anywhere produced the capitol police logs, or anything else, that show that they were not informed?
or, are we still just going on an assumption of FAA guilt?

astrohog 04-22-2022 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 12724977)
Post 14. Nothing but you shoveling your BS.

Me asking you questions is me shoveling BS?

Astro

speedracerntrixie 04-22-2022 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by astrohog (Post 12724974)
Not true. The ONLY threads that you are involved in that remain civil are the ones where nobody disagrees with you. FACT. And I'm not only talking about threads where I am involved. There are multitudes of examples on other forums where your threads are derailed simply because others disagree with you.

Astro

LOL Stalk much?