RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Model Aviation's F.A.Q. Column. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/9411791-model-aviations-f-q-column.html)

Mode One 01-13-2010 07:29 AM

Model Aviation's F.A.Q. Column.

I find Bob Aberle's Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.) column to be a great addition to Model Aviation magazine! It is a true interface between the membership and one of the technical writers for magazine. Much really good information is disseminated in this column. I look forward to Bob's F.A.Q. column every month and it is one of the first parts of the magazine I read.

I wish all of the model airplane magazines had more write-in columns. The old RCM's Engine Clinic with Clarence Lee was one of the first columns I read when the magazine arrived on my doorstep! This type of interface between magazine and readership/membership
promotes better connection and allegiance to the magazine!

Hossfly 01-13-2010 10:05 AM

RE: Model Aviation's F.A.Q. Column.

ORIGINAL: Mode One

I find Bob Aberle's Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.) column to be a great addition to Model Aviation magazine! It is a true interface between the membership and one of the technical writers for magazine. Much really good information is disseminated in this column. I look forward to Bob's F.A.Q. column every month and it is one of the first parts of the magazine I read.
Bob Aberle is a gentleman's gentleman and probably the best informed individual in all of the RC hobby/sport. His acomplishments are many many many. AMA is very fortunate to have his services as MA's Technical Editor.

I wish all of the model airplane magazines had more write-in columns. The old RCM's Engine Clinic with Clarence Lee was one of the first columns I read when the magazine arrived on my doorstep! This type of interface between magazine and readership/membership
promotes better connection and allegiance to the magazine!
Clarence Lee is another fine gentleman and is very helpful to anyone that asks. BTW, Clarence is still available in Model Airplane News.

Now if MA and MAN were together in the News Stands, would not the general model aviator have great choices when browsing the newsstands? Now he/she only has MAN to browse with none or very little mentions of AMA there. [:o]

Silent-AV8R 01-13-2010 10:50 AM

I agree that the FAQ is a great feature in the magazine. As to MA on newstands, interesting concept, but not very many membership organizations have their publications on newstands. AOPA, EAA, etc. None seem to sell on newstands. I have always wondered about that.

Jim Thomerson 01-13-2010 03:35 PM

I've seen MA on sale in hobby shops. This was some years back and I haven't seen it recently.

LADDIE 01-13-2010 04:58 PM

The SKYCRAFT Hobby shop in Burlington, Ontario Canada has been selling the MA for years.

Hossfly 01-13-2010 09:33 PM

AMA's MA is available to Hobby Shops. Has been since day one, which was some 35 years ago. It is not, at this, time distributed through regular channels to the News Stand trade.