Notices
AMT Netherlands Get support for AMT Netherlands products here.

Nitro ducted fan

Old 03-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Pmdawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro ducted fan

Hi all
Iím questing for the good old nitro ducted fan experience.
I recently bought a brand new os 77 vrdf engine and iím searching for a suitable airplane.
any help?
tnx!
Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmdawn
Hi all
Iím questing for the good old nitro ducted fan experience.
I recently bought a brand new os 77 vrdf engine and iím searching for a suitable airplane.
any help?
tnx!
To make the DF planes fly you need a very good setup. A very good sense for tuning the engine. Even then they are often lacking power. Only time they look fast are from a dive, but hey.... so does gliders. I even remember a thread about some high end BVM planes going faster then 200mph, it turned out they climbed up really high and came in virtually straight down. Where as of today you can setup a cheapo turbine plane and do like 200 all day level too.

I would really suggest going turbine instead as I'm confident it would bring the total cost down. You can choose a cheaper airframe, even a foamy. You don't need to run exotic fuels that costs alot, you run regular diesel. You will be able to sell the plane when you are tired of it etc etc. Makes more sense IMO.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:30 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

Ducted fan can be complicated but not impossible, if you are willing to try it then go for it!

Find a local guy that has some experience with it to help you, over the net is near impossible to give you all the details about it.

Good luck.