Community
Search
Notices
AMT Netherlands Get support for AMT Netherlands products here.

AMT Pegasus MK3

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 AM
ogm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMT Pegasus MK3

Hi

I recently purchased a first generation MK3 Pegasus. The manual with correct serial number stated that it produces 135 Newtons or 27 LB of thrust. But 135 N are really 30LB. I would like to know if this was a typo and what is the real factory thrust output of the MK3.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 PM
jimaust

Default RE: AMT Pegasus MK3

www.amtjets.com  you will find there email and phone and all you do is quote the number on the side of  ECU UNIT. They can tell you the date it was made and sold and who purchased it. I have also mk3 pegasus purchased in 1997 and runs magic. Never needed any work done to it .
Just fuel and fly. My is rated  and 100n of thrust. Hope this helps
jimaust
Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
ogm

Thank for the reply Jim. I already contacted Bernie and he gave me all the information you mentioned. Who first bought engine, date it was sold and the last time it was serviced. The previous owner sold me engine without manual. So, I tried to order a manual from the Netherlands, but he told me that they did not have any available. However, I got lucky when the guy who sold me engine called a few days later to let me know that he had found it. The serial number on the manual match serial number on my engine. My engine is rated at 135 Newtons. I am no sure if it really came with 135 Newton or 27 LB. On the specifications, printed on the manual, next to 135N of thrust it has (27LB). I am not sure if this was a typo during printing or if this engine came from factory with 27lb. If you convert newtons to pounds, 135N is 30LB and not 27LB.

Bernie directed me to their USA rep in order to see if he had a copy of the older Pegasus manual. Sadly enough, their rep never returned my emails. It was also very dissapointing that he would not sell me an older or newer version of the manual. I think newer version of the Air start do not require compressed air. However, the startup procedures for the ASU (Air Start Unit ) are all very similar on the Pegasus. I guess, this is what happens to anyone buying these engines used. It was also a bit silly that they did not want to provide documentation to help me learn and operate engine in a safely manner. Their competition think otherwise and safety seem to be one of their top priority. You can download and print complete manuals from JetCAT in PDF format. I was also able to download Artes manuals for all their turbines. If you want a printed copy, Jetcat charges $10.00. As simple as that.

This is how John Ligons, from US MicroJets LLC, put it to me on an email. "It does not matter to us where you are from, or what kind of engine you have. We are happy to help any jet modeler in any way that we can. We have a cash of manual dating back to the original air start engines. I would be happy to help you out. Email me your Name and shipping address and I will ship the documentation to you asap."

Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Mate,

Have been flying with airstart AMT's since 1997. The only problems I've ever had, were with the engines or components I bought that were not made by AMT Netherlands. Moral of my story is: if it's an AMT Netherlands product - you are in the best hands you can hope to be, new or used.

Cheers

Jan
Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 AM
ogm

Hey Jan.

Maybe you are correct. But I do not think you understood what I wrote. I have no reason to bash anyone. When I contacted, AMT Netherland, they were helpful and provided some information. But they could not find a manual, old or new to sell to me. I found that very odd. They referred me to the US Rep. I also tried contact him a few time. He never contacted me. So that is the story and my experience so far is very different from yours.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

hey amigo

i'd be happy to mail you my AMT manual if you want to make a copy of it for yourself.

also, do you live in Georgia? if so get in touch with Craig Gottschang he lives in the Atlanta area (i think) and flies AMT engines.

either way lemme know you're welcome to look at mine.

cheers
buck
Old 01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
ogm

Hey Buck, Compadre

Yes I am located in Georgia. Thanks you for your offer. But as I said, the person who sold me engine found the original manual and mailed it to me. I will try to contact Craig to find out if he is able to get the much cheaper Jet A1 fuel at the local airport. I tried that route and they would not sell unless I had a tail number. I ended up getting 5 gals. of Kerosene 1-K at Lowes(Expensive).

Best Regards
Otto
Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

good to go amigo

try and locate a municipal airport that has a self serve pump, that might help. Craig has lots of experience with the AMTs.

another option is to try and locate a Lowe's or Home Depot trying to unload a pallet of K1 at the end of winter. they'll typically slash the cost a moderate amount.

good luck
Old 09-28-2013, 10:35 AM
f20tiger

Does anyone know how to set up a Futaba 10C so the ECU will go into start mode?

Never mind, the temp probe plug had the polarity reversed.

Could someone post the page from the pegasus manual on intake minimum diameter, pipe minimum diameter and distance to the pipe from the nozzle of the turbine???

Last edited by f20tiger; 11-21-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 PM
[email protected]

Do you still have a pegasus manual Sure would appreciate a copy or email<Ray