Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
chrisharrisclicko
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

drhrdmtgmt,drt, tyk,ik5ejm
Old 11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

If you guys are looking for a "quality" ARF, try Precision Aircraft, the quality is amazing for an ARF and they aren't that much more expensive. The airframe is re-inforced with carbon fiber laminate and stringers. I was truley amazed when I opened my first PA shippment that the plane was not twice as much as I payed for it. I know they only make aerobatic planes, but if that's your style, they are the way to go. Maybe if we all got on the same page we could persude them to build some old timers or scale planes. Can you imagine a J-3 Cub with carbon fiber?? Oh, by the way, they have a warehouse in Georgia, right here in the good ol USA! Got two PA planes and wouldn't part with either one of them. Just sayin.......
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 AM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought 4 planes from NitroPlanes over the years. Have not had a problem with any of them. I was even able to get a replacement cowling ( for a reasonable cost) for a plane that I changed engines on and needed to recut for a different engine.
I will freely admit that sometimes the directions are to be desired, but the one with the worst directions has turned out to be one of my all time favorite planes. The Tiger Moth is such a kittycat to fly, and I frequently get compliments.
Just my .02 worth.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:25 AM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: opwan

If you guys are looking for a ''quality'' ARF, try Precision Aircraft, the quality is amazing for an ARF and they aren't that much more expensive. The airframe is re-inforced with carbon fiber laminate and stringers. I was truley amazed when I opened my first PA shippment that the plane was not twice as much as I payed for it. I know they only make aerobatic planes, but if that's your style, they are the way to go. Maybe if we all got on the same page we could persude them to build some old timers or scale planes. Can you imagine a J-3 Cub with carbon fiber?? Oh, by the way, they have a warehouse in Georgia, right here in the good ol USA! Got two PA planes and wouldn't part with either one of them. Just sayin.......

Do you have a location for them on the internet? Like a link..... They are worth a look for sure.

I found the same to be true of Aero-Works models. A bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. http://www.aero-works.net/store/

"You get what you pay for" usually trumps "you don't get what you don't pay for."
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 AM
opwan

Yea, here ya go. http://www.precisionaerobatics.com
ORIGINAL: da Rock

ORIGINAL: opwan

If you guys are looking for a ''quality'' ARF, try Precision Aircraft, the quality is amazing for an ARF and they aren't that much more expensive. The airframe is re-inforced with carbon fiber laminate and stringers. I was truley amazed when I opened my first PA shippment that the plane was not twice as much as I payed for it. I know they only make aerobatic planes, but if that's your style, they are the way to go. Maybe if we all got on the same page we could persude them to build some old timers or scale planes. Can you imagine a J-3 Cub with carbon fiber?? Oh, by the way, they have a warehouse in Georgia, right here in the good ol USA! Got two PA planes and wouldn't part with either one of them. Just sayin.......

Do you have a location for them on the internet? Like a link..... They are worth a look for sure.

I found the same to be true of Aero-Works models. A bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. http://www.aero-works.net/store/

"You get what you pay for" usually trumps "you don't get what you don't pay for."
Old 11-29-2010, 08:50 AM
da Rock

Hey, they look good.

Look to have the quality of Aero-Works models, but seem to mostly be electric. Prices don't look bad either.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
noveldoc

Just a final report on the Seniorita mess with Nitroplanes.

PayPal Sent me notice to return the plane, which I did. Nitro did send me a label at one point.
They did not reply to my PayPal complaint and PP issued a full refund to my account when we got tracking the plane had arrived.

So I will defintely use PayPal for future order payments.

BTW, got a 'Rita from another source that was in good shape.

Tom
Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Good for you, Tom. And thanks for letting us know who the hero was in this instance. (PayPal)

Ed Cregger
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
bluzjamer

Hi Guys,
Just came on this post. I ordered a Seniorita from NP on their BF sale. I ordered a Zlin at the same time. I received the Zlin but they backordered the Seniorita.
They sure didn't back order the charge to my CC. Eric on the forums asked if I wanted to get a refund after I posted this same story on their forums.
I told him if he couldn't get it to me by mid January to issue a refund. He still hasn't answered me back. I also use Paypal but I fund with Am. Exp.
AmEx has never let me down and I have had to use it several times with Chinese orders. I'm wondering if I would have gotten Tom's plane since we placed the orders around the
same time. I've bought 4 or 5 planes from NP, mostly foam jobs. The Cessna 182 55" wing has about 100+ flights on it and flys nice. Took the wheel pants off it and put on bigger tires.
The hawk sky has about the same number of flights on it but has been through hell and back. Broken control horns, faulty pushrod sleeves, bad servos, lousy connections, many weak points.
Has lots of scars but still flys. I fly off short grass fields, the Trainer 400 has one flight on it, nose wheel broke on the first landing and it wasn't rough. I fixed it and it broke on the next takeoff.
I turned it into a taildragger and it torge rolled on takeoff , still repairing it but my flying is done until spring. The 400 arrived with the rudder pulled apart, pushrods that were too short, and a motormount that was loose.
The prop had to be shimmed out away from the cowl. I bought one of the large P-51's foamies and haven't flown it. I was told to replace every bit of the electronics it came with. Everything looks weak on it, from the control horns and pushrods,
to the ESC. Was told not to fly it without a UBEC and at least a 50 amp ESC. So will rework that one over the winter. Was using that 2.4 Radio and RX in the Hawk and it died in that plane. Glad it wasn't in the P-51. Have better radios now.
I did buy a Vista EP from Tower and the wing incidence was off from the stab. I had to put lots of nose weight and raise the TE of the wing but it flys good now. I have the time to kit build and I learned how over 50 years ago when I was a kid.
I just feel my time is worth more to me than to use it gluing pieces of wood together and ironing on film (which I was never good at). Takes some the attachment out of the equasion also and I don't feel as bad when they crash.
I do look for weak spots and add CA or Epoxy as needed now. I try not to order direct from China as they always send a wrong part and claim I ordered the wrong part. The Hobby Partz people have sent me the wrong lipo but I usually can use the wrong one
and they have replaced the faulty ones they have sent. It's a tough racket, we can always buy from our LHS if we want to spend the extra cash. You pays your money and you make your choice.
Bluz

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
noveldoc

Just read the Chinese are about to start exporting electric cars to the US. Sounds like a Yugo with a battery.

Think I'll pass on getting one. :-)

Tom
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 AM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Just read the Chinese are about to start exporting electric cars to the US. Sounds like a Yugo with a battery.

Think I'll pass on getting one. :-)

Tom

In case you hadn't noticed, US jobs are not returning, so you probably won't have the money to buy a Chinese electric car by the time they get here any way.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-17-2010, 08:05 AM
bluzjamer

It will probably be recalled, burn up, kill it's driver. I've subscribed to a recall site that sends me names of products as they are being recalled.
Every day I get like 2 or 3 items. I've been getting this for years. 99% of the items are made in China. I finally sent an email or two asking why we don't just stop
importing all this crap. I was told because China owns the USA, we have really sold out this Country. We've come a long way since the Nips bought most of Hawaii!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:16 AM
NM2K

I can still remember when anything imported from Japan was junk of the shoddiest nature. Now we have generations of folks that consider Japanese goods to be the best made in the world. Nothing stays unchanged over time.

India is now making small automobiles, such as the Nata Motors Nano. It won't be long until they cast their eyes westward toward the Bangladesh labor pool.

I remember reading about how all of this was going to happen in Alvin Toffler's book entitled "Future Shock". That was back in 72 or 73. Believe me, he was right on the money.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM
noveldoc

Anyway, my stuff will be American made because I have a couple of building projects for the winter.

Tom
Old 12-17-2010, 05:13 PM
noveldoc

Do have to say from what I can see that the Vietnamese are doing a better job.

I bought a Butterfly 46 sized Arising Star trainer for $70.00. Very well crafted and the parts fit perfectly on the ARF. They even remembered to grind a flat spot on the nose wheel. One issue was fuse sides which were made of a very thin hardwood veneer like material and very brittle.

Have talked to other folks who have been happy with these VN made planes. Man at my LHS says he is glad to stock them. Says they are decent quality, especially considering the low price.

So maybe it is possible for these Asian factories to do decent work?

Tom
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
bluzjamer

Yeah Tom,
The VN stuff probably looks good, their AK-47's functioned too well in the late 60's if you ask me.

Nitro Planes refunded the Seniorita funds. Guess they didn't like the bad press I was giving them.
I think I'm going to do my shopping elsewhere. I don't find them that cheap for what you end up getting.
Will try Value Hobby, they seem to have a good selection with reasonable prices I want to try and build some foamies
anyway. Some of the guys in the club I fly at have built some nice ones.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:12 AM
MartyH
My Feedback: (16)

I just opened the box to my Airbourne Models Tamecat 40. It's replacing a Hangar 9 Tango that I use for Winter ski flying. The Tango was ok but the covering job was always loosening at seams even though I carefully laid everything down with an iron beforee I built it 5 years ago. It's never been crashed but I retired it because the covering finally began falling off everywhere. Anyway, I just looked at the Tamecat. What a complete piece of crap! I'm going to strip the covering and put real monokote on it to give it a chance. It will serve it's function of Winter ski flying but I'm glad I wasnt expecting more from it. I would have rathered bought this as a kit if it were available because I'm going to have to work backwards to go forward. This was my first and will be my last Airbourne brand ARF.
I own 3 Nitro Planes ARFs and they're pretty crappy too. It takes a lot of engineering and redoing to make them right. I like the Bobcat 50 I have, the 80" Extra I havent built looks like it'll go together ok but the 40 size Katana (CMP) I'm puting together for my son is a nightmare!!! I have way more time invested trying to make stuff work than I would have had I built a kit.

Marty
Old 12-19-2010, 07:47 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is amazing how we berate these shoddy suppliers yet continue to order plane after plane from them because the price is too hard to resist! If you desire quality you will have to support quality. That means buy from a reputable quality controlled manufacturer and boycott the crap. If people would stop supporting the low end, shoddy, poorly enginered and unflightworthy Arfs out there that market would dry up. The Chinese FULLY understand the market they are pitching to. Americans cannot resist a bargain no matter how much grief they have to deal with after the purchase.
Fortunately there are some decent quality Arfs being produced in the Asian countries. The quality of the Top Flite and Great Planes offerings is very commendable. I have also purchased several ESM birds that are fantastic. There are many other quality ships out there as well. BUT if everyone continues to buy the $79.00 Cubs and such, that market will continue to flourish with no respect to quality or customer service.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 AM
noveldoc

Looks like ARFing has become a total crapshoot. Prices are way down but what will you get? Assembly okay? Decent wood? All the parts?

Thanks to an old crash, I have a Seniorita wing but a busted fuse. I got a fuse kit and plans. But why not kit bash? Am definitely going back to building. I am planning a winter project. Will convert the plane to a low wing sportster much like the classic Telemaster based Funster. Should be fun to fly.

Hate to cover but have the some guys in my club doing custom building so could job that out if I want to.

Tom
Old 12-19-2010, 08:43 AM
bluzjamer

Anyone try Value Hobby, their prices look good as do their planes. Shipping is reasonable as they are in the mid west of the USA. Halfway to either coast= less shipping cost.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Bladejunkie

noveldoc,did you ever get them to pay return shipping?I wish I had read your post before I bought this pile of junk(Seniorita),now I'm going through what you're going through.I think we've figured out why Sig doesn't have any arf's or kits.All the good balsa is being wasted on these arfs that Sig will not take.I found a kit so I'll be building my third one,and I'm not selling this one.

Later Jim.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:27 PM
noveldoc

Yes, I did get a return UPS slip from Nitro. Not sure how often they do this and that was before they figured out I had filed on PayPal.

Tom
Old 12-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

It is amazing how we berate these shoddy suppliers yet continue to order plane after plane from them because the price is too hard to resist! If you desire quality you will have to support quality. That means buy from a reputable quality controlled manufacturer and boycott the crap. If people would stop supporting the low end, shoddy, poorly enginered and unflightworthy Arfs out there that market would dry up. The Chinese FULLY understand the market they are pitching to. Americans cannot resist a bargain no matter how much grief they have to deal with after the purchase.
Fortunately there are some decent quality Arfs being produced in the Asian countries. The quality of the Top Flite and Great Planes offerings is very commendable. I have also purchased several ESM birds that are fantastic. There are many other quality ships out there as well. BUT if everyone continues to buy the $79.00 Cubs and such, that market will continue to flourish with no respect to quality or customer service.

Bingo! You are right on the money with that statement, I couldn't agree more.

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Looks like ARFing has become a total crapshoot. Prices are way down but what will you get? Assembly okay? Decent wood? All the parts?

Thanks to an old crash, I have a Seniorita wing but a busted fuse. I got a fuse kit and plans. But why not kit bash? Am definitely going back to building. I am planning a winter project. Will convert the plane to a low wing sportster much like the classic Telemaster based Funster. Should be fun to fly.

Hate to cover but have the some guys in my club doing custom building so could job that out if I want to.

Tom

Buying ARF aircraft is a crapshot. I was a hard headed died in the wool ARF person who discovered the hardway that kit building most of the time is cheaper than buying a ARF in the long run.

To be fully honest, out of 8 ARF aircraft I have bought in the past, only 4 were fantastic out of the box, but I still had to reinforce the critical areas.

Again, we get what we pay for.

Pete

Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Bladejunkie

Hey all,well I finally got a refund notice from nitro planes today.Funny I could never get in touch with them by phone or e-mail since before Christmas,but one little e-mail to PayPal and I get an e-mail less than 24 hrs later?I didn't get a full refund,15% restocking fee,but still better than nothing right?I don't understand the restocking fee thing,why should I have to pay to have a box of junk restocked?I also had to pay to have said box of junk sent back to junk box warehouse.Ok I feel better now,lesson learned.I wont be spending any more of my cash at nitro planes.These people have no ethics,so beware.

Later Jim.

PS I read the Chinese are trying to get the job of building CA's high speed rail system!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bladejunkie

Hey all,well I finally got a refund notice from nitro planes today.Funny I could never get in touch with them by phone or e-mail since before Christmas,but one little e-mail to PayPal and I get an e-mail less than 24 hrs later?I didn't get a full refund,15% restocking fee,but still better than nothing right?I don't understand the restocking fee thing,why should I have to pay to have a box of junk restocked?I also had to pay to have said box of junk sent back to junk box warehouse.Ok I feel better now,lesson learned.I wont be spending any more of my cash at nitro planes.These people have no ethics,so beware.

Later Jim.

PS I read the Chinese are trying to get the job of building CA's high speed rail system!!!!!!!

I think restocking fees should be banned, I believe it's a form of Legal Thievry. It's a way for a company to make a profit off the unhappy customer. When one company see's another company do it, then they all do it.

Glad you got most of your money back, I'm sure you will look harder at the reviews, Threads and Posts before buying your next ARF- I know I do.

Pete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.