Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying

Old 03-29-2017, 01:25 AM
  #4201  
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Reidsville, NC
Posts: 2,872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Lost mine yesterday due to a radio failure of some sort, still working to identify the cause but there is not much left to work with, it went straight in.
I will miss that plane, it came over with the first shipment and i had a great time flying it over the years....
Old 03-29-2017, 05:42 AM
  #4202  
sbd-3
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Flat Rock, IN
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OldScaleGuy View Post
Lost mine yesterday due to a radio failure of some sort, still working to identify the cause but there is not much left to work with, it went straight in.
I will miss that plane, it came over with the first shipment and i had a great time flying it over the years....
Steve I hate to hear that......I can let you fly mine if you like...LOL....Let us know what you find out...Jerry
Old 03-29-2017, 06:31 AM
  #4203  
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Reidsville, NC
Posts: 2,872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Jerry, might take you up on that sometime. Pretty sure it was the receiver.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:39 PM
  #4204  
Fulcrum2111
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The GP patty is probably the best great planes kit in history
Old 08-15-2017, 05:54 AM
  #4205  
401
 
401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mandurah, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Well another 8 months have passed since Patty came down from the cupboard. I've been frantically trying to finish this of late to get it flying and off the "to do" list. The fuzz has been 90% recovered, elevator join mod to reduce tail weight. It's gone from the standard 4 servo tail to 1. Dug out all the CA hinges and replaced with pinned hinges. Pull pull rudder setup to move servo up near CG and tank tray over wing tube. I'm down to the last cleanup job and least desirable, I need to glass over all the holes in the Swiss cheese cowl and start again. was hoping the Moki Pitts muffler would drop through one of the 2 big holes in the cowl but no, it wants to go in-between.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170815_111944.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2228021
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170815_111956.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2228022
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170815_111935.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2228023
Click image for larger version

Name:	1502759638975.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2228024

Last edited by 401; 09-20-2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 PM
  #4206  
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)
 
DUHAWK49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DAVENPORT, IA
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I recently just smashed the front end of my Patty after having it around 13 years. Was an accident and not due to flying. If anyone needs some parts I will have some available for sale. Wings, canopy, tail. Just send me a message. Thanks
Old 08-30-2017, 01:19 AM
  #4207  
sbd-3
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Flat Rock, IN
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DUHAWK49 View Post
I recently just smashed the front end of my Patty after having it around 13 years. Was an accident and not due to flying. If anyone needs some parts I will have some available for sale. Wings, canopy, tail. Just send me a message. Thanks

Sent you a PM I am interested in some parts....THANKS
Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 PM
  #4208  
aerojack
My Feedback: (172)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: greer, SC
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have a brand new decal set, the original 'Goodrich' set that is unopened that came straight from Great Planes. $35 shipped if anyone is interested.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:06 PM
  #4209  
Fulcrum2111
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by aerojack View Post
I have a brand new decal set, the original 'Goodrich' set that is unopened that came straight from Great Planes. $35 shipped if anyone is interested.
I am interested you have a PM
Old 09-11-2017, 12:31 AM
  #4210  
GUS THE I.A.
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fulcrum2111 View Post
I am interested you have a PM
I built a Patty Wagstaff plane from the Great Planes kit. It's the 40 size extra 300 it's covered in the current air show Livery of black silver with red orange and yellow trim! Nobody else that I've seen has their airplane so colored! I cannot seem to get a picture on this website to show everybody!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:48 AM
  #4211  
GUS THE I.A.
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get the picture in here!

Originally Posted by Fulcrum2111 View Post
I am interested you have a PM
Originally Posted by GUS THE I.A. View Post
I built a Patty Wagstaff plane from the Great Planes kit. It's the 40 size extra 300 it's covered in the current air show Livery of black silver with red orange and yellow trim! Nobody else that I've seen has their airplane so colored! I cannot seem to get a picture on this website to show everybody!




Old 09-20-2017, 02:22 AM
  #4212  
401
 
401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mandurah, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi Fulcrum, I can't seem to attach images to PM so here's some pics. I got the LG and wingtube sent from GraphTech in the US for my first Patty, the wingtube retired with it. If you need anything else just let me know... . Looks like they stopped production of them though...
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170920_180740.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2232803
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170920_180746.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2232804

Originally Posted by Fulcrum2111 View Post
The GP patty is probably the best great planes kit in history
I'd agree

DUHAWK, I sent you a PM regarding parts, if the packaging/post is too much hassle just let me know either way.

Last edited by 401; 09-20-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:45 PM
  #4213  
aerojack
My Feedback: (172)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: greer, SC
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

A 14 year old thread and still going, WOW! Yes Great Planes sure had a good one here. They should pay attention to the fact that this thread is still active and consider a re-release of an updated version made a lil lighter and stronger and also a smidge bigger, but with the same lines. And come down off the ridiculous pricing that we are all seeing as of the late. The last on was at $400 for 80 inches, how bout $479 for 88-92 inches. They'd sell like crazy.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:17 PM
  #4214  
sbd-3
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Flat Rock, IN
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by aerojack View Post
A 14 year old thread and still going, WOW! Yes Great Planes sure had a good one here. They should pay attention to the fact that this thread is still active and consider a re-release of an updated version made a lil lighter and stronger and also a smidge bigger, but with the same lines. And come down off the ridiculous pricing that we are all seeing as of the late. The last on was at $400 for 80 inches, how bout $479 for 88-92 inches. They'd sell like crazy.
I have one myself.....Not much on ARFs but this one flies very nice....I have flown it in 4 scale contests and can say it's been a ball......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	012.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	2237084  

Last edited by sbd-3; 10-03-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: ADDED PHOTO
Old 10-04-2017, 02:56 AM
  #4215  
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Reidsville, NC
Posts: 2,872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sbd-3 View Post
I have one myself.....Not much on ARFs but this one flies very nice....I have flown it in 4 scale contests and can say it's been a ball......
You do a great job of flying it too! Congratulations on your contest successes with it.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:02 PM
  #4216  
401
 
401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mandurah, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm chasing a good condition canopy if anyone has one they'd be willing to ship. An original painted one thanks...

Click image for larger version

Name:	canopy.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	2240331
Old 06-17-2018, 08:15 AM
  #4217  
propstryker
My Feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patty Wagstaff Extra 300S

Originally Posted by aerojack View Post
A 14 year old thread and still going, WOW! Yes Great Planes sure had a good one here. They should pay attention to the fact that this thread is still active and consider a re-release of an updated version made a lil lighter and stronger and also a smidge bigger, but with the same lines. And come down off the ridiculous pricing that we are all seeing as of the late. The last on was at $400 for 80 inches, how bout $479 for 88-92 inches. They'd sell like crazy.
I agree. I love this plane and it is over 15 years old. It is still beautiful and everyone complements on how nice it looks. I would buy another one. I am thinking about taking the Moki 2.1 out and putting in a gas engine just because but cannot choose between say a 35cc, lighter, and a 50 or 60cc motor, more weight. My model balances out perfectly with the Moki.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:18 PM
  #4218  
sbd-3
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Flat Rock, IN
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default


I agree with everyone on here about this plane...I would gladly buy another in a heart beat......Not gloating but mine was at the "Weak Signals Great Lakes Scale Classic" this last weekend and got me a first place award in Fun Scale ....
Old 07-10-2018, 04:00 AM
  #4219  
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)
 
OldScaleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Reidsville, NC
Posts: 2,872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Good going! Congratulations!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.