Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seems to be some pretty smart folks around...Tell us about yourself please

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seems to be some pretty smart folks around...Tell us about yourself please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems to be some pretty smart folks around...Tell us about yourself please

Hideho and goodmorning all,

As I get to know all of you through your postings, I thought it might be nice to do a bio on ourselves.

Where you are in the hobby and how you got there, where you want to end up...

Perhaps some of you will tell us where your username came from.

As I have to get to work, I'll post mine at a later time.

"Ave a g'day,
Old 04-15-2002, 03:40 PM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

Default BIO

My name is Chris Puckett. I have been flying for 10 years. I am 21 years old. I started with RC cars and Trucks before spotting the RC Aircraft of my dreams, a Goldberg Chipmunk. After talking with the owner of the hobby shop it was decided that that was not the best first airplane and so I got a Midwest Aerostar. I then thought I was smarter than my instructor and tried to fly the plane by myself at a school down the street from my house. It did not go so well and the plane crashed. I took the pieces home and put it in the corner of the garage and told my parents something fell on it. It did not work when we took it back to my instructor he knew exactly what I had done. Ever since then I have owned close to 100 airplanes. I built professionally for a couple years. I have had two airplanes displayed at Toldedo and have done a couple TOC planes. I got out of the hobby for a couple of years and built a show car. I got back into flying late last year and built a profile hots to get all the rust off. I am now flying a MW Extra 300 with TOC mods, moki 1.8 and weight of 11.5lbs, a Hanger 9 sport Cap 232, still my Profile Hots, a Byron F-86, and a Hanger 9 Extra 330L. I have about 20 planes almost ready to fly but can't wait till I get my Hanger 9 Su-31.

Theres my Bio
Chris Puckett
Old 04-15-2002, 04:06 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Default Seems to be some pretty smart folks around...Tell us about yourself please

Hello my name is Bryan Baker. I live in southern Indiana and attend the University of Southern Indiana, at least for a few more weeks! I graduate May 5th. (finally) I am 23 years old and have been flying for about three years now. My username comes from the fact that before I started flying I saw an add for the extra 300s. I loved the looks of that plane, and just thought it was the best looking plane I had ever seen. I went to an rc airshow, and from then on I was hooked. I was really impressed with the 3-D portion of the show. (how did he do that?) After this I went to a hobby shop looking for that extra to buy. The shop owner wouldn't sell me the extra but he had a nice trainer for me.(and it starts) I finally got the extra and loved it. I often sneered at cap owners "Hey Cap This buddy", I got this great extra and all you got is that ugly cap! I now own 2 1/4 scale caps, 1 H9 edge, Two 120 size extras and I just got a 120 size sukhoi. I love them all, and as bad as I hate to admit it those caps aren't all that bad! I build kits and arfs. I have even scratch built a few planes too. My main interest in flying is the 3-D style and precision aerobatics. If course I never go to the feild with out at least one funfly. Happy flying all.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Blackie

Hello Mike,

Here's my story,

One day I was watching a news coverage on R/C cars and I thought to myself that it would be a fun hobby to get into, so I went to the LHS and found that they had weekend races behind the store in which I visited and asked questions. I found out that the Nitro cars required a lot of table time, so I elected to purchase an electric off road car instead. Time went by and I knew of a park 3 miles away from where I lived that I had never visited before and wanted to find out if the park offered a place that I could run my car. Keep in mind that this park had been there for over 7 years and I lived in my house 3 miles away for 6 years "never went into it". I drove into the park and saw planes flying and so I thought that I better check my frequency to make sure there would be no interference. I stopped off and started asking questions. Its now been 10 months and I have yet to touch that electric car. I have 3 flyable planes and two in the box, looks like I am in this for the long hall. WM super stunts 60, H9 Aresti, AW 540T Edge, Midwest Beercat kit and a stinger 60 still in the box.
My most favorite one so far is the Edge.

Randy
Old 04-18-2002, 03:26 PM
wildthng

Hello my name is Jeff Brownell and i am a log home contracter.I am 39 and started flying rc in 88.I used to be a tool and die maker so i enjoy turning custum parts for my planes.I didn,t fly from 93 to 97 because i was racing motocross and off road but came back to this sport when i quit racing(for now)I loved airplanes all my life and a local Baptist paster started a line control club when i was a kid and showed me how to build with wood.I remember when a .15 was a huge engine to me and my black widow .049s were so powerful.I started flying full size when i was 15 but enjoy RC much more.I got my nick name from doing things like coming out of spins so low that i would hit my wheels on the ground and it carried over to my racing because of the stunts i would pull off(jumping a sword fish and other goofy things)I like highly capable planes right now so part of my flock is a 60 size cap.a 70" sukhoi(kange preproduction kit).H9 edge.Goldburg Ultimate,GS 300(kange)My planes are getting bigger all the time and i,m loving it.Its a great stress reliever after a hard day at work.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Unstable

MY name is Chris or Unstable Boy
got the nick from they way I played games.... either I won in a spectacular fashion, or I lost in the same way (more often the later).

I have been flying RC for about 2 months . I bought 2 planes about 3 years ago (arf electric glider, and .25 trainer (used)) and never was able to get out with someone to teach me... so they sat hanging from the ceiling. in about January I was talking online about RC stuff and started browsing the online stores and helicopters caught my eye.
so in Feb I bought a nexus and started floundering around and calling it hovering. after learning basic forward flight I came down to the local field that flies fixed wing and decided to give that a go again.
well that little engine sat for too long and wouldn't run right... but I was determined... so I picked up a hanger9 cub (80") arf and strapped a saito .80 in there and took that over... this guy Joel took me up and I had a blast. next weekend he let me land and take off myself and soloed for the first time. next day I got my "pilot" rating at the field (helis helped with learning alot)

right now I have the the hanger 9 cub (love that plane) the little .25 trainer (got the engine running good enough to fly), a thunder tiger glider that hasn't flown yet and a nexus chopper

next project: electric fun fly so I can fly during lunch break
Old 08-07-2002, 03:47 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

Hey, this thread needs some life...

I started control line flying with the old Cox planes back around 1977 while I was in high school. I graduated to a Sterling profile P-51 with a REALLY BIG HONKIN' K&B .19. Well... it was big back then.

After flying a 2-channel 2-meter glider (first and last RC plane for a long time) I finished and flew a SIG Akrobat C/L with a K&B .35 RC engine in 1983 or so in college (Ga Tech). I have no idea what happend to that plane but it was fun to build and fly. It really pulled on the lines!

After that, I didn't have time for the hobby until last October. Then I found a box of old glow engines and plane parts. In this box was a gift from my brother: a 1977 vintage K&B .61 RC engine with a Perry Pump. Wow! A blast from the past! Inspiration! I went to the local hobby shop and picked up Real Flight G2 and a GP Cub .60 to use this engine in. After making good progress on the Cub, I got some sense, bought a Hobbico Avistar RTF and finally started flying something besides RealFlight G2 in March.

I've since lost all control and started too many kits at once:

GP .60 Cub with TT .91 4-stroke is on hold ready to trim out with some more color and install radio while I get some tail-dragger practice.

SIG SE with TT .46 pro almost complete. I changed my mind and ordered an Irvine .53 for it.

SIG 4-star 60 with TT .92 4-stroke almost ready to go. Needs some color on the wing, radio installed, canopy, and it's good to go.

Hobbico Avistar RTF is still flying after 3 gallons of fuel I did finally kiss the earth with it. It was repaired the next day (new firewall and throttle servo gears along with some replacement cheek material which splintered).

H9 Aresti is flying (2nd plane) with an OS .46 FX. Great plane! Easy flying - no tip stalls - really smooth and goes where I point it. I got tired of waiting on me to finish a kit and went out and got a "cheap" ARF. Had it flying in 3 days. Does a great knife-edge pass down the field. Snaps and spins are good fun.

Lanier Edge 540 w/Saito 180. Still tinkering with the engine mounting. I'm going to move the cowl forward an inch or so.

Top-Flite P-39 Airacobra. This one will take a while to finish. I've just about finished the tail section. I'm considering the RCV .60 for this so it doesn't stick out the side.

Two (2) Kyosho SenSation 1400 ARFs still in the box. I got these from Tower because they were on clearance for $144. Add a bottle of CA and the price dropped $15! I may put one up with the TT .46 pro which was ear-marked for the SIG SE. Or I may wait until the Aresti is retired and use the OS 46 FX. I dunno. Whenever I get ready for another pattern plane...

GP Spirit Elite. My wife started building this. It's for sale with the stab built.

Sterling PT Ringmaster .049 CL. (Wife's trainer.) She has flown the Avistar on the buddy box with me.

Sterling F-16 profile .049 CL in box.

Couple E-Maxx trucks get a workout in the back yard. Those things really haul!

Bio? Software consultant for Portal Software currently an architect / release management guru for the Infranet billing system implementation at AOL. Work in VA. Live in GA. The Edge, SE, and Airacobra are in VA. There's a great hobby shop in Chantilly, VA (Hobby Hangar) so I can get my fix there.

Besides RC, I enjoy photography (B&W & Color darkroom in-house - moving digital) and auto racing with my 1993.5 Supra Turbo. Have great wife, pets, and am a member of Geogia Model Aviators. The "mostly" flat-coated retriever loves to go to the field to watch me fly and pre-flight my planes. Say, "Hi," Bruno! He's a great dog, even when he's chasing my E-Maxx or chewin' on balsa scraps.

ciao.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20373_4407.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	5898  
Old 08-07-2002, 04:50 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Hmmm..

Razor: A name bestowed upon me by my closest friends due to my ability to make razor-sharp decisions, or was it because I made bad decisions, or maybe just because I am not the sharpest tool in the shed...LOL

I have been flying R/C since I was 13 (I am 31 now..), I have had about 30 planes from my 1st electric ARF (Snark .05) to my current CBM F-16N and GP Patriot....I can crash with the best of 'em!

I was out of the hobby since I was putting myself through the Police Academy (insert bad cop-joke here ____), and I will soon be married (1/19/03).

I love this site, and I have nothing but great things to say about my "deals" on here... Including one with Mr. Puckett at the top of this post!

My brother is on here as Gibby 11 also...

Hope all is well,
james

Name:	20378_6032.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	5899  
Old 08-07-2002, 08:09 AM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My name is R V D .. I am 29 years old. I got into r/c aircraft awhile back (not sure exactly how long) and since then I have transitioned from a good pilot to a GREAT pilot.. hehe
They call me the master of execution. When I fire up my planes most of the guys just sit and watch.. anyways....
I also do alot of extensive engine modification which has proven to be successful with the pylon racers around here.
My favourite airplanes are Extra300's Cap 10, 21, 231ex, 232.

I currently own and fly the following

Airtrax 61 Pattern PLane O.S .61FX

Extra 300s 60 size O.S .61FX

Extra 300XS 1/4 scale O.S 1.60 FX

Comet 40size Pattern Plane GMS .47

Ultra Sport 40 SuperTigre GS .40

Cap231 40size SuperTigre .61

GP Cap 21 GMS .61

Lanier Dominator 500 Quickie 500 Jett .40

1/3 Mister Mulligan 109" SuperTigre 3000

Cap 231ex 1/4 scale SuperTigre 2300

I had alot more but I sold alot of my planes.. I hate having to choose which to bring to the field.. I spend more time pointing my finger saying " should i bring this one ?? no this one... ahh i'll bring this one... maybe these 2 or 3 or 4" you get the idea

I love this hobby TONS!!!! I can't ever see myself getting out of it. It's funny because coming from a Drag Racing background ( that's my main hobby) I used to make fun of these " geeks with their planes zooming around the sky" But after watching a friend fly i got hooked QUICK. I gained tons of respect for model airplanes and flying that when I hear other guys say those similar words I want to drop them right then and there.. HEHE
Old 08-07-2002, 02:13 PM
deputydog

Default bio

Hey guys,
My name is Sam and I just picked DD cause i liked the character. I retired from the Good ole USMC in 97 and am now a computer technician. I started flying rc's in 92 so only been at it for 10 years.
I loved airplanes from a young age and flew cox and built plastic models. Saw RC's when i was younger and even saw some of the first heli's. In the Corps I was a com/nav tech on A-4 skyhawks, A-6 intruders and later in TopGun worked on the F-16N a little, the F-14 and finally the transition to the F-18. I've been on every modern day fighter in the US inventory and even sat in the F-117. Got to fly backseat in the F-18(black one!) at TopGun when I made Marine of the Year. I just love airplanes.
Finally took the plunge in rc's and have been hooked ever since. In the last 10 years I have built or assembled about 80 planes for myself or other people. Flown most of them too. My bad trait is if I dont like the way they fly I will sell it in a heartbeat.
I currently fly a Midwest CAP-232, a Pizzaz, 2 EZ Mustangs. I'm working on a Yellow P-38, WM 80" Mustang, JHH F-86 and have a IMP 80" Tempest and Don Smith P-61 in line.
My wife is very tolerant of the hobby after she finally realized that I had no money left to chase other women
Old 08-07-2002, 03:21 PM
jbrundt
My Feedback: (2)

Hi All,

My name is Jeff. I've been flying R/C for over 20 years now and I'm only 39...LOL I've had wayyyyy too many planes to count over the years but my biggest love is scale. I am an R/C heli pilot as well. I also build/fly high powered and model rockets (scale of course ) and I build plastic scale aircraft as well. I've been know to dabble with R/C cars and trucks from time to time as well as boats. I have interests in railroading too. A whole wall of my basement is devoted to an N scale train layout. I am lucky enough to work at Boeing where they build some of the greatest fighter airplanes in the world. I currently work as an engineer on the T-45 trainer for the Navy. I got my A&P as well as my pilot'
s license in college.

I have a web page if your interested with all my hobby stuff on it. I decided that was the best way to tell those who ask about what I do. Go to http://www.geocities.com/jbrundt

Later,

Jeff
Old 08-07-2002, 03:46 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well I got into this hobby a very long time ago when my Step Father married my Mother in 1952. He bought me a Firebaby in '53 (U/C) for my 9th birthday and have been fkying something ever since. I finally got into R/C back in the 70's after doing F/f and U/C. Now even though my Dad only built rubber band models he did teach me the basics and along the line I was lucky to hook up with Jack Stafford who taught me a lot more, and then Carl Goldberg, what a gentleman he was!!!! I fly mostly sport and aerobatics, but did for awhile compete in events like Scalemasters, but now I just fly for the fun of it and compete against myself. I picked my handle because I was a Army Green Beret sniper in 'Nam and I just got plain tired of the one that was tagged on me a long time ago. I now have a custom R/C construction business and import some modeling stuff from Saturn Hobbies of australia. I retired from law enforcement at an early age because of a disability and I have been able to enjoy my hobby even more because of it.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:19 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey GrnBrt

Congratulations on being one of the most feared soldiers of war.. Hats off to you By the way.... How many confirmed kills ?? BWAHAAHA
Old 08-07-2002, 07:34 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FLYBABY???

Hey Art, I think we may have been neighbors back in '53

I too started flying GAS POWERED planes with a FlyBaby (O.K. .049) in the front yard!

Jerry
Old 08-07-2002, 08:02 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not a big mystery...

My user name is not hard to figure out. My name is Tom Yates, and I live in north Alabama, not too far from Huntsville, the home of RC Report and Jerry Festa. I got my user name from my career. I am a board (bored) certified surgical pathologist, who started out in medical school to be a flight surgeon. Now I spend my days looking about breast biopsies, clon resections and pap smears. Not very glorious, but it pays the bills. I belong to a small club here in northwest Alabama. I enjoy flying R/C and have for almost 17 years, since I was 21. My son is learning as well, he is 14. We have a nice selection of airplanes, mostly scle, as well as a couple of helicopters and scale ships. I have been working a 1/4 scale US WWII destroyer for a few years now. It is about 8 feet long and weighs around 50#. It will probably take me to the nursing home to finish it. I enjoy trading planes, and building them and reviewed a few for RCR. The best thing I have found about R/C flying is the friends and acquaintances I have met over the years.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:15 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello all ..

My name is John Neff and I'm an ... Oh wait, wrong forum
Ok, I'm a model airplane junkie. I'm 32 and have been in the hobby since I was 15. I used to fly pattern and in fact went to the '91 Nationals where I finished dismally due to unknown, at the time, engine problems. Since then, I've dabbled in giant scale, but mostly stayed with sport flying. I haven't flown in the past 6 years, but should be taking care of that either later this week, or next. I have worked for a few R/C companies in both custom building and fiberglass layup. Now, it's just a hobby. User name is easy, it's my initials. I live in Florence Texas which is about 40 miles northwest of Austin.

TTYL,
John
Old 08-07-2002, 09:19 PM
YNOT

Default Bio

Howdys Yall,

I'm Tony D. The nick? You figure it out :-) I'm 33 years old and have been flying since I was 5. My dad was flying u control and r/c when I was born, so I was raised around airplanes.

The first r/c I remember flyn was a little stick. Dad still has the plane.

When I was 9, Mom and Dad open a hobby shop in Houston, Trains and Planes Hobbies. This year we will celebrate our 24th year in business.

I flew airplanes until the age of 15 or so, then I got a drivers license and cars & girls became more interesting. I continued to race competitive r/c cars during my non-airplane years. I could not tell you all the aircraft I owned during that time, however Dad and I always had the newest thing.

In 92 I went out and met my Dad at the local flyn field and took the sticks on his plane and got re-hooked in r/c planes.

Since then I have competed in IMAC, pattern and pylon on a regular basis. Again, I could not tell you all the aircraft I have owned. I don't even want to think about it.

I got bored with airplanes and switched to helis several years ago and still have a heli, however I came back to planes with new direction.

My two r/c luvs are getting new people into the hobby and 3D/Artistic Aerobatics.

My biggest luv is my 5 year old son, Zane who has airplanes in his blood. That and his Granddad has a hobby shop. (He get his stuff for free and I gotta pay for my stuff) Zane has been on the sticks almost all his life. He flys a Super Star Select now. He is not 100% solo yet, however he is close. The attention span of a 5 year old is not too long. He was flyn Firebirds at 3.

I am not active with the hobby shop, although my wife runs one of them. (There are two Trains and Planes locations in the Houston area to serve you) I am a consultant and national sales trainer for the automotive industry.

My current hanger holds:

37% Power House Extra 330 3D, DA 150
JR Diablo 2000, Webra 145 Aero X
ZN Line Madness, YS 45
Bolly Hovering Cobra, ST 45
GP Corsair, OS 61FSR
4 Star racer, ST 40
Laser mini 3D
Raptor, OS 32
T-Maxx
E-Maxx
RC10 GT
RS42 Racer
Serpent
RC10 Graphite, electric
Tamyia Leopard Tank
GP U-Can-Do-3D, Inbound

Zane's Hanger:

Hobbico Super Star Select
72" Cessna 172, OS 91 stroker (Granddad gave him that one two weeks ago)
Cessna C37, OS 46
Firebird
Firebird XL
Most ready to run r/c car, boat, tank, hovercraft and z-car that mom and dad carry.

We fly Futaba radios and stick with OS, YS and ST motors for glow and I am DA exclusive on gas.

Zane and I fly every weekend in the Houston area. We make most all fun fly, big birds, warbird, night flys, etc. We belong to the Brazoria County Modelers Association and the Bay City Models Club. We also fly at Scobee, Tom Bass, Prop Nuts, Bay Port, Bomber Field, Outlaw R/C and I have attended Joe Nall the past 3 years.

Im a hard core R/C addict.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:34 PM
GrnBrt

Originally posted by rvd
Hey GrnBrt

Congratulations on being one of the most feared soldiers of war.. Hats off to you By the way.... How many confirmed kills ?? BWAHAAHA
Well if you really want to know..........46.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:36 PM
GrnBrt

Default Re: FLYBABY???

Originally posted by tailskid
Hey Art, I think we may have been neighbors back in '53

I too started flying GAS POWERED planes with a FlyBaby (O.K. .049) in the front yard!

Jerry
Well I'll be darned, was that you in the other U/C circle, you know the kid with the buck teeth and huge smile on his face??????
Old 08-07-2002, 11:54 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Bio

I have been flying models for 37 years. Over the past several years I have migrated to almost all scale models, mostly jets. Tried the electric airplane trend with several types and currently have all of them on the shelf. I have been flying DF jets since 1982 and recently converted to all turbine powered. Currently I have a Avonds Rafale with a Ram 500, a Avonds F-104 with Ram 750, and am completing a Hangar 9 Su-31. Been around airplanes all my adult life as I am a retired Air Force Instructor Pilot having flown F-4, T-33, T-38, T-41 and T-43 aircraft. I currently am a pilot for United Airlines, where I now fly an A-320. This hobby has given me much relaxation over the years and I enjoy helping others as much as I enjoy flying. I'm glad to help with any jet questions but don't know much about the big propellor driven birds, but I'm about to find out.

Check Six
Tom Perry
Old 08-08-2002, 12:29 AM
TIGER2PLANE

Well I started out back in the 40s building rubber models, then went to ff and in the 60s it was U/C of all types. Then someone showed me a Kraft radio with 4 servos and away I went. I bought a Lanier Slow Comet with a 60 motor and a friend had a crop duster strip and I learn to fly. When Kraft said they could convert my 4 channel to a 6 I did it and the S/N was #25 for the conversion. At present I have Goldberg 40 cub with a Fa80 for a power plant
Kyosho AT6 with a OS 46 FX
Tiger II with a 46
H9 P51 with a 10 year old OS60
And I have flown Hilos back in the 70s
I used to work at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and I was chief pit steward for the shot tracks and could not get up to the track to watch the races so my guys started to calling me slideliner because of that, That how I got the handle. I am 61 and am med disabled because of a blood pressure problem. So now I dont get fly my planes like my son in-law does. He is a master builder in all classes, and right now he is putting together a jet for a friend. Anyway this summer all I have done is watch my grandkids and sit in the shop and build birds. I am putting together a H9 Cessna 182 for a friend and I have a topflite P-47 on the bench. So you can see I have lot of time in this young hobby Pat Chadwell
is my name and we fly at Lake Meade R/C field when it cools off a little more. I hate to stand outside when its 110 in the shade
Old 08-08-2002, 01:24 AM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

My name is Jeff Cottrell. Nearly 15 years ago, when I was 15, I worked with a guy that had been flying for about 30 yrs. He took me to his house and showed me all of his planes. It took me 13 years to buy my first one. I have only been flying for just over 2 yrs now. Started with a HERR Star Cruiser and then went on into a PT60 by Great Planes. I am currently on my second H9 1/4 CAP, both of which have had BME engines on them. These CAPS were my first big planes so this is where my screen name comes from. I also have a Lanier Ultimate Pitts with a Tuarus 52cc on it. My next project is an AEROWORKS 33% Edge 540T. This one should be a delight to build. I enjoy building every bit as much as flying. I am one of those stubburn people that thought he could learn how to fly without help. I did manage to do it, but it cost me the star cruiser. I was flying at a local school and hit the roof. The PT60 has nearly 500 flights on it and never had any mishaps, so I do count my blessings.

Happy Flying
Jeff
Old 08-08-2002, 04:15 AM
dansuf
My Feedback: (3)

Default My story

Hi, my name is Jamal Yousuf with no nick name yet. I have been flying for almost 2 years after a gap of 20 some years. I am an architect by profession, however I fly as much as possible. I am into building planes as well and have built for my club members and others. My first RC plane was of course a trainer - Hobbico superstar 40 combo, second plane was GP J3 cub with os .91 4 stroke. After that my inventory started getting bigger and bigger which is as follows:
Tiger 2 with os 46 (this is now my snow flyer), SIG something extra with os 46, WM super chipmunk with os .91 4 str., SIG LT 40 tainer with os 46, H9 edge 540 with os 1.60, Lanier extra 300l 1/4 scale with os 1.60 (sold it after 12 flight to my club member and he is very happy to be the second owner of this plane), GP tigermoth with os .91 4 str., just finished my WM extra 80" with ZDZ40 gas (my first gas plane) ready of test flight soon, and last but not the least Lanier edge 540t 30% (still waiting for the plane because of delivery damages done to it first time). I will be using ZDZ60 in this plane. I promised to myself after chipmunk that it will be my last plane for a while, but I do not know what happened I could not stop. I love flying and did competed in IMAC this summer for the first time. Hopefully I will do it more often. My next project would be edge 540 35% either by AW or CA with DA100, let us see what happens. Long story short, my favorite plane is EDGE 540.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:18 PM
1Jimbo
My Feedback: (2)

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a COMBAT addict age 42. Been flying combat since 1992.
From Sulphur Loisiana. (Club)L.A.R.K.S. www.larksrc.homestead.com
Self taught, been flying since 1981
I don't have any planes with wheels on em.

Name:	20526_7983.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	5900  
Old 08-08-2002, 01:05 PM
javven

First I'd like to say I respond to this just to make sure no one throws me in with the smart ones

I think this should be more than a post - maybe a database on the site itself...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.