Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Gasser in the big GP Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Gasser in the big GP Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 PM
weskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasser in the big GP Revolver

Howdy,

Well after messing around with an old 91 four troke for about a month I have decided to put a gas engine in my Great Planes Large Revolver.

Has it been done before?

if so what size would you recommend, I was thinking either the 15cc or the 20cc Aerovate from VQ warbirds.

Which one would be better?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gasser in the big GP Revolver

Yes, I put a 26cc RCGF in mine. You can see pictures [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9143970/mpage_30/key_/tm.htm]here[/link]. The plane flys great but a bit heavy. If I had it to do again, I would use the lighter DLE 20.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

Yes, I put a 26cc RCGF in mine. You can see pictures [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9143970/mpage_30/key_/tm.htm]here[/link]. The plane flys great but a bit heavy. If I had it to do again, I would use the lighter DLE 20.
That's a good recommendation. The DLE 20 puts out about the same power as the RCGF 26 (I had one) at much less weight. I had the RCGF on a YAK, replaced it with a Zenoah G20 and flew the same prop (17X6) at the same or better rpm. The G20 however weighs about the same as the 26 I had on it. I have a NIB DLE 20 I haven't run yet, and from reports I have read, it is about as strong as the G20. May not last as long as the Zenoah, but probably long enough for me to enjoy it.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

One of my flying friends has a Revolver/DLE 20 combo, which is an excellent performer.

Karol
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
nefariousrc
My Feedback: (2)

IIRC there's a video on YouTube of a Revolver with a DLE20 fitted.

edit: Yup, just found it.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 AM
weskel

What length of standoffs would you need with the DLE 20 for the Revolver?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:27 AM
capt1597

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

right here in this arf section is a thread called LARGER REVOLVER and it has some of the nicest people on it. i think you will find them very kind and helpfull. i am sure you will get all your questions answered. it has been one of the friendlier thread i have ever been on. capt. p.s. i fly this plane with a os 91 fx so i have no answers about gassers.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM
F4U Corsair
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: RCVFR

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

That's a good recommendation. The DLE 20 puts out about the same power as the RCGF 26 (I had one) at much less weight. I had the RCGF on a YAK, replaced it with a Zenoah G20 and flew the same prop (17X6) at the same or better rpm. The G20 however weighs about the same as the 26 I had on it. I have a NIB DLE 20 I haven't run yet, and from reports I have read, it is about as strong as the G20. May not last as long as the Zenoah, but probably long enough for me to enjoy it.[img][/img]
From everything I've read the DLE20 is much stronger than the G20, plus the G20's EI draws higher mAs (shorter EI battery life) and like you mentioned weighs quite a bit more.