Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

RC Guys new Piper PA-28 Cherokee

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

RC Guys new Piper PA-28 Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys new Piper PA-28 Cherokee

Contacted... they said they looked at all their stock... no apparent problems... they did a conductivity test to see if it was all carbon tube.

They offered a small incentive on a new plane .... no thanks, why would I want to buy the same plane with the same problem. This is their structural issue. I hope nobody else has to find out the same lesson we did.

Not Happy.

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

Sorry about the loss. Any news for the replacement parts ?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 PM
on_your_six

They offered a $100 credit on their website.... very disappointed in this outcome...

We feel that it was clearly a material failure on A BRAND NEW PLANE... No did not take them up on an offer that would have been worth $50 out of their pocket.

Would not recommend plane until problem on tail fixed/strengthened and the nose gear is made the proper height and strong enough to handle the loading.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 AM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprise surpise! another fine management move that will only hurt the company ratherthan make it shine. I find it very hard to understand how 50 new wing tubes and 1 new arf could break a company! Good luck with that one RCguys.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 PM
on_your_six

I am surprised... happily surprised... guess what showed up today? A replacement Cherokee plane for the one that was lost.

After I posted my recent message, the RC Guys contacted me and asked what we felt was a fair settlement. We responded and they accepted a fair and reasonable deal to replace the aircraft. I am not going to talk terms here.

No doubt about it... it is a nice plane. We think that we know and understand the plane's shortcomings (that is us talking) and can make it better from our previous knowledge of the plane.

It is very nice that I can say that RC Guys stood up and made things right.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:19 AM
Michelvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

I recently (July 2021) purchased this plane NIB which makes my post eight years in the making of reviving this great post. Is there any like minded current flyers out there who can give us an update of your experience with this beautiful Cherokee?

Michel