Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

seagull models t-6 texan ll ARF

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

seagull models t-6 texan ll ARF

Old 01-16-2012, 03:31 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seagull models t-6 texan ll ARF

just finished my seagull models t-6 texan ll. haven't flow it yet but what a great ARF. saito 100 4 stroke power....retracts and remote glow.... RON
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56540.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1715063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54821.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1715064  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: seagull models t-6 texan ll ARF

Looks very nice Ron... an impressive looking plane. I've got a good friend who likes that kind of plane... I'll forward a link to him.

I've just completed a Seagull build of the Spacewalker II 120 minus running the engine and adjusting idle and failsafe idle position.

Will you have a wait till spring thaw before flying? Here, we get quite a few nice fly days during the winter. Today was nearly seventy but windy.

Best of luck when the maiden happens.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot. i hope to fly this sunday. temps in the fiftys. that spacewalker is a nice model. iv'e always liked them. my friend has a t-6 so i saw it fly and looks real scale in the air. i also have a dirty birdy pattern plane. it was a kit from the 80's . just built and flew it. also have a hanger 9 twister 70 os four stroke in it., and a 27-Q stryker. i enjoy them all. the tx weather sure is warmer than here in PA. my daughter in law lives in austin. she said the summer was really hot, day after day. the retracts on this plane are super strong. the struts are 3/16 or 7/32 wire and they won't bend. they lock solid. good luck with yours and happy landings.....................RON
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron.... she is very right about day after day of hot in the summer. I was raised in Michigan and do my very best to go north for a few weeks in the summer.

It sounds like the retracts were given some extra effort. Very few retracts at our field due to its rough condition. I've only built one plane with retracts... a Kwik Fly III, back in the '70s. Last winter I built the Seagull AT-6 and a friend had some really nice heavy duty retracts that would have worked in the plane and offered them free, but there was no practical way to get any forward angle on the struts, which would have been a must on our field.

We have a very nice location on an old land fill but the field itself is poor due to the problems keeping it level.

Hope you get a fine day soon for the maiden... and have good fortune with it.