Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Peak Model 30cc MXSR

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Peak Model 30cc MXSR

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Peak Model 30cc MXSR

Just finished up a peak model MXSR. I'm very impressed with the airplane. One of the nicer ARF's I've put together in awhile. All the hardware was useable and pretty decent stuff. It comes with carbon tubes and landing gear as well. Spinner is a Carbon Fiber from TBM. Running a DLE 30 w/ stock exhaust, LIFe 2000mah on the rx, and 1400 on the ignition. Servos are Power HD 1501's and HK Orange 9 channel rx w/ satellite rx. Dennis from Kirby's Kustom Graphics did the vinyl package for me. The graphics that came with the plane were the only thing I wouldn't use. My canopy came damaged from shipping, all it took was one email and another was on it's way to me. All in all, besides the TF ARF's this was finally a satisfying expierence with an arf. Two thumbs up to Peak Models.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25329.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	1830770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11123.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1830771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90560.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1830772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24305.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1830773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yo92013.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1830774  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Peak Model 30cc MXSR

Tell us about how it flies ..... please.

Karol
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 50cc version and it is a winner. I fly Extreme Flight, so my evaluation should count.
Peakmodels sent you a new canopy? Impressed, as they are not well known for supplying parts.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Mpizpilot

ORIGINAL: karolh

Tell us about how it flies ..... please.

Karol
I will as soon as I get the chance. Weather here isn't as nice as in Jamaica, lol
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 AM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beware of the wing tube on this model. I have seen one fail and heard of others.

I have the 50cc version on which I glued a metal tube inside the carbon one supplied.

You did well with the canopy, mine was also damaged and after 4 months of e-mails they finally sent me a replacement. Shame is that it is an exact replacement - it is broken too!

I was pretty un-impressed with the kit. Wing & tail tubes loose in the outers. Locator pegs for wing & tail a poor fit.

It does fly damn well though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52313.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	1843813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89376.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	1843814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45045.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	1843815  
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Mpizpilot

Finally got out to do the maiden flight yesterday. This is one fantastic flying airplane the DLE 30 is way more then enough motor. The control surfaces have massive amounts of authority. I only wish my JR 9303 tx had flight conditions like my last futaba tx. Now I'm stuck with either a super low rate or super high rate. For normal sport/IMAC type flying I had to dial the low rates way,way down. The elevator on this bird has just got gobs of power. On high, 3D type rates the nose will try to eat the tail in a waterfall or knife edge spin.

I had some tucking to the gear in knife edge, used about 4% mix to overcome. There was zero aileron coupling in knife edge. The balance point is perfect given in the manual, a roll to inverted on a 45 upline shows no change in pitch attitude.

I'm also impressed with how light the planes flies, especially in any high alpha type stuff. It's a real floater.

Only problem I had was with the garbage plastic wheel pants. On the last landing, the left wheel pant tore away. The right one is soon to follow. These should have been done in fiberglass.

I would post a picture, but once again rcu is acting up.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Sloviper

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Finally got out to do the maiden flight yesterday. This is one fantastic flying airplane the DLE 30 is way more then enough motor. The control surfaces have massive amounts of authority. I only wish my JR 9303 tx had flight conditions like my last futaba tx. Now I'm stuck with either a super low rate or super high rate. For normal sport/IMAC type flying I had to dial the low rates way,way down. The elevator on this bird has just got gobs of power. On high, 3D type rates the nose will try to eat the tail in a waterfall or knife edge spin.

I had some tucking to the gear in knife edge, used about 4% mix to overcome. There was zero aileron coupling in knife edge. The balance point is perfect given in the manual, a roll to inverted on a 45 upline shows no change in pitch attitude.

I'm also impressed with how light the planes flies, especially in any high alpha type stuff. It's a real floater.

Only problem I had was with the garbage plastic wheel pants. On the last landing, the left wheel pant tore away. The right one is soon to follow. These should have been done in fiberglass.

I would post a picture, but once again rcu is acting up.
I am just about to finish my mxsr but i encountered a problem with the cowl. I have dle 35ra and it looks like the cowl doesnt fit in straight with the spinner backplate.
did you guys have the same problem?
Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 AM
john.j.allen

I had this problem when using ply spacers to move the motor forward, I've since switched to washers, and I'm using one washer on the cowl mount to compensate for the right/down thrust. It still does not align perfectly, but its just the way the cowl is made.

See https://goo.gl/photos/kM6B9TfAjEKn6ooP8
Old 10-01-2017, 05:26 AM
john.j.allen

I've finally got my MXS-R back in the air (still tuning the DLE30), but as I feed in up elevator once I reach a certain point the model rolls hard left. Anybody else experience this?