Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

ORIGINAL: R PILOT

I have been flying an Easy Star for about a year and figured I'd upgrade to an Art-Tech Diamond 2500 motorized glider I bought from Nitro planes. I flew it once and grazed a tree with one wing which for the most part destroyed the wing.

Thanks you for any support and BEWARE OF NITROPLANES AND THEIR PRODUCTS.
It's a cheap $195, it's throw away basically, they have replacement parts, buy another one. Here is some free advice, don't fly into houses or trees, join the AMA and fly at a sanctioned AMA field without obstructions and get some flight instruction.

I would buy from Nitro Planes but they don't keep anything in stock to buy.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
spacefanmick
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

I've purchased fromNitro planes twice. My first kit (T-45)  arrived with shipping damage. Due to the cheap box the Chinese manufacturer packaged the kit in. Nitroplanes shipped out a replacement THE VERY DAY MY DAMAGED KIT ARRIVED BACK TO THEM. And the second kit arrived,withe very similar  damage. I talked to a manager in customer service. He had another kit pulled from inventory,inspected before shipping.And actually ADDED EXTRA BUBBLE WRAP IN THE THIRD KIT. I don't know how you can expect any better service than that. The third kit arrived in perfect condition. To show my gratitude I promptly ordered another plane (Dehavaland  Beaver) It arrived in great shape. As far as I'm concerned NITRO PLANES WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ME. I highly recommend them. For the price,the ARF's were nicely built,and look great. I am a long time builder (40 years) and am amazed at the quality of some this ARF stuff out nowadays.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Motorhomer
My Feedback: (4)

Oh yeah, Nitro Planes is NOT an honest company!!!!!! Over a year and a half ago I ordered a new cowl for their large AT6. I've been given every dumb excuse for over a year. They have had my money, but the #$&*($# won't ship me my order!! Tried to go to their web site and customer service and get this "RC Discuss" and they are a computer support company. So I can't get in touch with them via E-mail. Brother, what $#&^%$ !!! JMO.
Motorhomer
Old 02-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Electriceddie

Nitro Planes Hmmm....

Thanks

Last edited by Electriceddie; 03-01-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Electriceddie

Nitro Planes Hmmm....

Thanks

Last edited by Electriceddie; 03-01-2015 at 06:57 AM.