Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Aerobeez

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Aerobeez

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 AM
ktmfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobeez

Anyone could share some infos about Aerobeez models?They look pretty good.And they all look good on websites)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Ichy

Default RE: Aerobeez

I have their Slick 540 with a DLE55.  Very light airplane.  There were a couple of minor glitches in building it, but all in all a nice plane.  I have had to replace the landing gear.  It will not tolerate hard landings, so I am surprised it has survived with me!    The company does not have much in the way of spare parts.  Had to get repacement landing gear from someone else and the motor did not come with a muffler.  Good thing I had one from another DLE.  Customer service could be a little better.  

But the price was right! 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
ktmfrank

Sounds fair enough to me!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ichy

I have their Slick 540 with a DLE55. Very light airplane. There were a couple of minor glitches in building it, but all in all a nice plane. I have had to replace the landing gear. It will not tolerate hard landings, so I am surprised it has survived with me! The company does not have much in the way of spare parts. Had to get repacement landing gear from someone else and the motor did not come with a muffler. Good thing I had one from another DLE. Customer service could be a little better.

But the price was right!
I'm curious too ..... how is the quality of the covering job and the overall build of the plane?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Ichy

I'll take some closeup pictures tonight. 

Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the profile Yak, seems to be ok have not flown it yet. They claim its MonoKote, but its not Mono or Ultra, I think it's China coat! Lol
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Ichy

Hope this helps you! Not sure why i put the engine picture in. Going out to fly tomorrow. Beeninactive since September. Covering looks great. Been in the cold garage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84498.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	1852580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90054.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	1852581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23404.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1852582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21895.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1852583  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for posting the photos. What I see there looks pretty good.

The Aerobeez Slick appears to be the same plane that Valley View is selling. Anybody know anything about that connection?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Aerobeez planes appear to be the same as the Redwing rc planes I have a Redwing 30cc MXSR and I like and would recommend the kit. They are
built on the light side which is a good thing but you have to be a bitmore careful when lifting or handling them IMO.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM
flyboydale54

I agree, customer service could be a little better. It appears they may be understaffed for the amount of call and email volume they receive. No reply as of yet on my email, but I did get someone to answer the phone on the second try today. First time resulted in about a half an hour wait, but I elected to leave a message after the 2nd time of being offered it by automated phone answering system. I ordered 3 items and the one is out of stock and it will be at least 3 to 4 weeks for the drill jig to come in. I was offered to have the servo trays shipped out now while I am waiting for the drill jig. I welcomed that offer. I think it would be better business practice if they would have shown at checkout that this one item was out of stock. PayPal would not like it if they knew Aerobeez was collecting money and not having an item in stock and holding up an order based on this one item being out of stock. Much better solution would be to show the item out of stock and not bill me for it. That way I could order it elsewhere where they do have them in stock. Luckily my friend has one I can borrow so I can get drilling my 2 new props for my DLE55. I am a little fussy, so I want to drill the props using my drill press so I will ask to borrow his drill jig. I was ready to scratch this company off of my list until reading the posts on RC Universe to how many satisfied customers there are. Hats off to the people that take the time to voice their honesty on RC Universe. This is a very valuable asset I have access to. It helps me make intelligent decisions. TY

ORIGINAL: Ichy

I have their Slick 540 with a DLE55. Very light airplane. There were a couple of minor glitches in building it, but all in all a nice plane. I have had to replace the landing gear. It will not tolerate hard landings, so I am surprised ithas survivedwith me! The company does not have much in the way of spare parts. Had to get repacement landing gear from someone else and the motor did not come with a muffler. Good thing I had one from another DLE. Customer servicecould be a little better.

But the price was right!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
drube

I just got the 25% Sbach 342 30cc a few weeks ago and It was packed great! Covering looks great as well. I'm still in the building process but so far it's been easy with no problems. I do believe the Aerobeez models are "Peak" models. They are different than the Redwing planes. I also didn't have any problems with contacting them about questions. They got back to me the next day. I can't wait to get mine in the air!
What plane are you looking to get?