Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Pitts EP ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Carl Goldberg Pitts EP ARF

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carl Goldberg Pitts EP ARF

Got one from a friend, and installed a Turnigy D3536-6 motor and 50 amp fixed wing ESC. I finished it last night, and test ran it for a pack. Everything seems to be ok, so now im just waiting for the wind to die down a little. This one had a Saito 30 on it for a while, so the motor box was shortened about 1 1/2 inches, so I corrected that with nylon standoff's. I put an APC 10X5 on it, and it pulls pretty good. Can't wait to get it in the air.
The landing gear attachment area has been beefed up, so it should be good to go. If anyone still has or had one of these, i'd like to hear what you have to say about it. Looks like they have been discontinued for a while. I need to find some wheel pants for it now. Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27964.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1849659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70607.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1849660  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 PM
freeonthree

Default RE: Carl Goldberg Pitts EP ARF

I put some larger wheels on it, and I found some new Eflite Pitts 12 15e wheel pants on Ebay for under 10 bucks shipped. They should be the correct size for it. She'll be looking good by the 14th. Considering installing some wing tip skids now, but I think i'll see how it lands first. I used Kit "Scratch Out" to polish the monocoat.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
freeonthree

Been flying it a bit and it has plenty of power. I used an online prop/motor calculator, and it rocks on paper too. Seemed a little tail heavy, so I moved the battery position forward about an inch tonight with a little creative wood grinding. Now it's fully adjustable.
I also beefed up the landing gear a litle more. Im happy with it so far, but it's a bit quick for my old brain, and keeps me on my toe's, especially during the landings. It's like a king size Eflite UMX Beast.
Just waiting for the wheel pants to get here now. Should look real nice with them on there.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
BubbasanJohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fun!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
freeonthree

It is fun, but it's also a handful. Im hoping it will be more stable with the CG moved forward a little.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
freeonthree

I received the new Eflite wheel pants this morning, and put em on before I went flying. Sure looks alot better now. Moving the battery forward an inch really helped too. Flys like it's on rails now, and lands alot easier now too. I really like this little plane, it turned out pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14908.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1852645  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 PM
freeonthree

Well, i've been flying this little Pitts for some time now, and it has been totally dependable except for the failure of a HK fixed wing 50 amp esc which caused me to do a deadstick down wind emergency landing, Grrrrr....
I then got a Hobbywing Pentium 60 amp esc for it, and it has been flawless. I plan on flying this little dude for years to come, so I bought an extra Hobbywing Pentium esc and 2 more sets of those eflite fiberglass wheel pants for it. Too bad CG stopped making these little planes :>(