Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobbico NEXTSTAR 46 RTF impressions

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobbico NEXTSTAR 46 RTF impressions

Old 05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico NEXTSTAR 46 RTF impressions

O S Engines do not require break in on stand. Just fly them, Fly them rich, do not lean run these engines.OS fly's right out of the box.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Well time has passed. The only thing I'd change and may is the super heavy wing jointer rod. A least a pound weight savings.
Still haven't tried the afs. Guess I should to say I have. Great flyer. Even as the ARF. Great deal. Looks good , flies good. And expandable as its set up for daul aileron servos and flaps that can be added later. Nice feature.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

def junk the AFS I monocoated over the hole because after a few flights the hole began to soak up oil from the fuel even with a exhaust deflector

also as you begin to fly this plane a bit you will notice the landing gear locks get loose and after several hard landings they won't lock in I also had to rebuild the gear mount after a few hard landings what happens is the slot gets enlarged and the little button won't hold the gear in.

after literally hundreds of flights and one bad crash and a fuse rebuild on the front of the plane rebuild

I retired the airplane only to strip off the covering on the fuse repair a few bad glue joints and increased the engine size to a OS61 Fx and recover it lives as a float plane I am considering putting a 4 stroke on it so it spews less oil this is a good learning plane I had about 5 "help's" and I soloed with this airframe not too bad.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	052107_21171.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	1963089   Click image for larger version

Name:	floatstar 001.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1963090   Click image for larger version

Name:	floatstar 003.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.20 MB