Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Reactor 46

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Reactor 46

Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Reactor 46

Hi,

I know it's discontinued but the GP Reactor 46 has been my favorite cheap hack for the longest time. I know the plane quite well so when the opportunity came to flying at a demo meet in February, I decided to resurrect my landing gear-less old model with a new fuse & tailset. I was flying the old one with an OS Fs91. So couple of questions-

Though the Fs91 has plenty of pullout, the Fs110a I have has much more power. In the last season I was hovering a 3.7kg airplane with the 110 with good pullout.Crucially, it's lighter than the 91. The Reactor is lighter too. Should I use the 110 on it?

Secondly, I wanted more positive connections on the new reactor, so I used ball links both sides on Sullivan full-thread 2-56 SS pushrods. But someone told me those are prone to snapping. Is that correct?
Ameyam
Old 01-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Texastbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the full threaded rod snap in the middle more than once from vibration on gas powered planes. The cure is to use a section of carbon fiber tubing over it with some epoxy to hold it in place. It may not pose a problem with a short piece on a glow powered plane.