Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 Taylorcraft "PNP" DX6i help!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 Taylorcraft "PNP" DX6i help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:37 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default H9 Taylorcraft "PNP" DX6i help!

Anyone have the H9 ARF Taylorcraft PNP kit and were able to get the dual elevators working? The manual for the radio is no help nor is the manual that came with the airplane however they do talk about "AUX-2" but not sure what that would mean to me.

I have had several small issues with the kit so far, and will let Horizon address them. (Missing hardware....no Bind Plug) ect....

The kit lists the Spectrum DX6i as an acceptable radio for this plug and play kit.....

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a DX8 radio so its set up is probably different .Aux 2 is the spot on your receiver where you plug your second elevator servo in . You must follow the set up instructions from the very start .The wing selection and tail selection will have a bearing on how everything else works .You could use a Y harness on your elevators , it might be easier . Your bind plug is no big deal . They are all the same . They are everywhere . I have lots of them . You can make one out of an old servo extension by sniping the end off , bearing the outside wires and twisting them together .. A bind plug just shorts what it plugs into . The only issues I had with my Taylor Craft was with the servos . One of my elevator servos and my throttle servo burned up . A6000 servos . This was during set up .These servos are discontinued ..It is a wonderful flying plane .. Have fun with it .. Good luck .

Last edited by bikerbc; 01-28-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:28 AM
motor12

If your radio has the ability to use a mix do this. Make the ELE channel the master and AUX 2 the slave you may have to reverse one of the servos I don't remember.This should get the two servos working together. I have this airplane and that is what I did on a dx-8, Hope this helps. And do not use a Y with this mix.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:15 PM
CaptRKO

MANY THANKS GUYS!!!

On the DX6 you have to take out the servo lead from AUX-2 and plug it into the GEAR slot......then it worked fine. Was not really easy to get through all the programming steps but a quick call to Horizon will walk you through it.

I just finished the airplane today. Will do some ground runs sometime this week. Not really sure I am happy with the DX6 TX or should I upgrade it to a better TX? I have all Futaba so this is my first Spectrum in a gaser.

My PNP kit was missing a lot of parts. It appeared as it may have been "robbed" to assist other people ....not sure just guessing. Luckily I have a home depot and a large selection of old parts and hardware so I made do. I did send Horizon a letter and will see what happens.

Many thanks for the quick replies....!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:18 AM
bikerbc

My PNP Taylor Craft was very complete . I was surprized and happy with it . The only problem I had was with the servos that burned out .Horizion replaced them with better ones . Horizion has fantastic customer service . What parts were you missing ? I am almost certain they don't rob kits . It must have been a hobby shop that did it .Horizion will fix you up .
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM
600Bob

Originally Posted by motor12
If your radio has the ability to use a mix do this. Make the ELE channel the master and AUX 2 the slave you may have to reverse one of the servos I don't remember.This should get the two servos working together. I have this airplane and that is what I did on a dx-8, Hope this helps. And do not use a Y with this mix.
Did you actually create a mix to run both elevator servos? In the DX8 all you need to do is go into the Wing Type menu and for Tail select Dual Elevator. No need to create a mix for it.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM
CaptRKO

I am and will probably always be happy with Horizon.

Just had several bags cut open.....missing the Bind Plug, and several hardware items, such as the standoffs, and some screws/keeps etc. Also had a bad rx Battery in which they sent me a new one.

Stuff happens, and the have ALWAYS been happy to send new items or make it right.