Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK. The owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep Yep Yep things haven't changed I see. I had quite the go around with them. Never did get it resolved I wish you luck but I wouldn't hold my breath. The info is still out on the net I guess you can read some of it yourself https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/rheiHILeDLI

Dennis
Old 03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will add it to my list of " Do not do business with " !

But then again, certain people of this forum will most likely criticize me for this decision. LOL Ask me if I care ?

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba View Post
Will add it to my list of " Do not do business with " !

But then again, certain people of this forum will most likely criticize me for this decision. LOL Ask me if I care ?

Thanks for the info.
There is a good deal of additional posts on the subject and you will find one of mine where I mention there are a few in the club that have had no issues with Cermark and its products. I have no issue with those who have had good luck with them. I wish it would have been different in my case but it was not to be. They actually used to have a disclaimer that they were not responsible for quality of their products on the web page don't know if it’s still there or not.

Dennis
Old 03-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Sad to hear. I had done business with them several years ago and had been pleased. Too bad they have gone to the dark side.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:56 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
Sad to hear. I had done business with them several years ago and had been pleased. Too bad they have gone to the dark side.
Many companies have chosen the dark side now days. We have to be shrewd and we also have to share our experiences with companies and also bad individuals that are out to stick it to others. That way at least we do our best and if we get hung after that we at least know we have done the best we could.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had some Cermark ARF's in the past and loved them....sorry to hear they have gone to the dark side.....
Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
stevenchao

"Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!"

Just to clarify this matter. I have spoke to Mike prior to Re Baron Mike prior to his posting date. I definitely acknowledged his purchase and our mistake in shipping. The incorrect airplane is in RED BARON MIKE's possession. During our telephone conversation RED BARON MIKE mentioned that he has already placed a dispute on his card. Which means he has brought the credit card company to notice. So if we do a refund, we will be double charged (according to our credit card service). RED BARON MIKE was very specific saying that we don't have to worry about doing a refund, because he is doing it through his end.

The only thing left is incorrectly shipped airplane. This is the only evidence that RED BARON MIKE has of our mistake. After ONE failed attempt at shipping the airplane back, we thought we are better off letting the incorrect airplane or evidence be left in RED BARON MIKE 's possession until we have been notified by the credit card company that the fund has been returned!!! In another words, RED BARON MIKE, got his refund while we felt it was only fair that he holds on to the only evidence of incorrect shipping until clarified.

WOW, we thought we were doing the right thing here... Yes, RED BARON MIKE got his refund and we specifically allow the airplane to sit at his location (until our credit card company tells us that it is resolved). Amazing how intentions are misinterpreted.

Peace,
Steven Chao
Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 PM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Did you tell the customer the situation or leave him wondering?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Red Baron Mike

Steven,

It is nice to get a response from you...finally. You reference one failed attempt to return the plane, Somehow I was not aware of this. All I know is from February 11th, I have been trying to get you to mail me a Fed Ex Return Label. The plane is packed and ready to go. It is a very simple matter. Mail the tag to me as you have my address. The same day I receive the tag, it will be shipped back to you. I will then notify VISA the matter is resolved.

Mail the tag to me, I will ship your plane back to you and state on this forum the matter is resolved, and our business dealings will be complete.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Red Baron Mike

Hey Steven,

Last week we spoke on the phone and you promised you were mailing a return label to me "that day" so I can finally return your Voodoo Mustang. Guess what, you apparently didn't do what you said because I haven't received anything from you and it only takes two days for mail from your location to mine.

What's the hold up now???

Mike
Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee, and I thought they were going to re-introduce the Dave Patrick Super Cub. I should have known!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

Cermark has always had questionable business practices. Dealt with them over distributorship of the 3MM gas motors. You can see how that went. They pretty much don't exist anymore because of them. Another example of the way the Far East business people conduct themselves. Customer Service is not in their vocabulary.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Red Baron Mike

It is very bizzare. Theyt don't have the money for the plane as I retrieved it and I have it packed and ready to ship for 1-1/2 months. I spoke to the owner on the phone again yesterday and he promised, "ONCE MORE", I will have a shipping label emailed to me this morning. I am not holding my breath! I think he just wants to avoid a $30.00 Fed Ex charge to ship the plane back.

I am going to possibly charge him storage fees and will find out if that is possible.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Red Baron Mike

To update this post, today, April 10th, I received the Fed Ex Label and returned the plane to Cermark. The matter is finally closed!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Donwebster

I'm sorry to hear that.....But thank you for your sharing.