Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

I had the worst experience of my life dealing with GRAVES RC.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

I had the worst experience of my life dealing with GRAVES RC.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wl7cpa
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... went to Graves web site. The following is posted in bright red letters at the top of the model in question:

THIS IS AN OVERSIZED ITEM THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR FREE SHIPPING

go figure....

Hate to say this .......... but looks self explanatory to me !

Also hate to have to do it, but shipping charges these days just seem to keep rising. I also have paid some ridiculous shipping charges and I do not think the dealer is making one extra cent on the deal.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Originally Posted by Bozarth
You had "the worst experience" of your life?

I wish "another 32 dollars" was my worst experience in my life.

Kurt
Yeah, ain't that the truth...

it's all there in bright red text, the OP's argument is invalid...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	graves.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	2003846  

Last edited by daveopam; 06-12-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 AM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had any problem with Graves RC. As a matter of fact, they seem to go out of their way yo fill and deliver orders efficiently. If I have to return something, no problem, they act immediately and I've never thought they were trying to get away with anything.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:19 AM
termart
My Feedback: (1)

JUST A QUICK NOTE TO TAILSKID - - I've often wondered how an airplane would fly with the wing reversed with the control surfaces on the front as you have with the left side of your wing. Now I know. (just kidding of course, I'm sure this is the result of your bad experience with a great looking model.)
Old 06-11-2014, 08:24 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flycatch
I had the same problem with them five years ago. Cancelled the order and went to Tower Hobbies.
When tower gives you "free shipping" for orders over let's say $99 they mean regular stuff. There is a surcharge for the big arfs...

Buyer beware always applies, but people can only think with their own brain (and that is the problem)

Gerry
Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 AM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

C'mon, why attack her this way. Really? You have no idea what she looks like. Cruel!! People do have feelings. Keep the business end of it separate from personal attacks.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by Hemikiller
Yeah, ain't that the truth...

it's all there in bright red text, the OP's argument is invalid...

Now, I see what the real problem here is and that it is a Hangar 9 product. Heck, I would not want to pay extra shipping for that model either. Will not go into it again as many here know how I feel about Hangar 9 models, after assembling their Christen Eagle II this past winter, but no more Hangar 9 models for me ! Now I have a nice Balsa USA Eindecker 90 " kit " sitting on my shelf waiting for building. Notice I said building and not assembly. Kindly do not call me a man beast or any other name as these are only my " personal " statements and in truth, I am really a nice guy. For the most part !
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 AM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Graves is a stand up business, one mistake doesn't make them scammers. It is people like this customer that puts the good hobby stores out of business.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Tower has never charged me for shipping as a Tower club member for orders over $150 except the products specifically labeled 'drop shipped' from the factory (like Aeroworks planes). That includes huge ARFs, helicopter scale bodies, and anything else you can name. One of the latest was a Hadron --big box. Horizon just sent me a Carbon Z Cub, no charge for shipping either if I recall. Graves is tough for me, because I live in Florida and there's a 7% sales tax added, plus the shipping cost. Same thing applies for Esprit models here in Florida. The extra 7%, like the extra freight charge costs them my business most of the time.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:05 AM
tonyos
My Feedback: (48)

Hi Sorry about that but I have had great service from Graves Hobby , not sure but when you check out It has a tab that has a note that there may be additional shipping charges that may apply .

Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM
dreadnaut

I visited Graves Brick and Mortar LHS when in Orlando over ten years ago. The guy did not impress me as someone who gave a damn about repeat business. He sure didn't get mine after the initial experience.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Originally Posted by Ed6500
I ordered a hanger 9 SBach from Graves RC on Sunday.They had 10% off which is crap.
The transaction was completed thru PayPal which both party's agree to terms and services,Then on Monday they contact me and want another 32 dollars for some con oversize shipping fee that we both agreed on free shipping.Now they told me to pay it or they would cancel the order and I already paid them.
I just wanted people to know that they are scam artist.Buyer beware!!!!!.
Graves rc has always been great and upfront on shipping cost and they ALWAYS say over size items will cost you more in shipping cost its ALL over their website...your fault for not properly reading it!! ridicules unfounded baseless claim because of your own ignorance.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:54 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Originally Posted by Ed6500
I ordered a hanger 9 SBach from Graves RC on Sunday.They had 10% off which is crap.
The transaction was completed thru PayPal which both party's agree to terms and services,Then on Monday they contact me and want another 32 dollars for some con oversize shipping fee that we both agreed on free shipping.Now they told me to pay it or they would cancel the order and I already paid them.
I just wanted people to know that they are scam artist.Buyer beware!!!!!.

buys a $300 airplane crys over $32 dollars in shipping on an OVERSIZED plane?! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Another wasted thread on RCU.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by blhollo2
buys a $300 airplane crys over $32 dollars in shipping on an OVERSIZED plane?! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Another wasted thread on RCU.
Yes, but it makes for good small talk !! Heck, even you replied !
Old 06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

TO THE OP.! obviously there was an error ( on your part ) with the transaction and they are requesting the 32$ for good reason. Gravesrc is one of the best shops in the US and very well staffed. Cancel your order and go buy it else where. No one is forcing you to buy anything!

Last edited by daveopam; 06-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:52 PM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Folks, let's all remember that personal attacks and calling people names and blatant insults do not belong on this forum - whether you are the OP or the many others that added nothing but venom.

There are a lot of good posts but far too many that add nothing to the conversation other than insults.

Last edited by SkidMan; 06-11-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
pa_28r_200

Kurt

This.

Grave's is a first rate operation. They are what a LHS used to be.

Last edited by daveopam; 06-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Popriv

Kurt
+1

Last edited by daveopam; 06-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:37 PM
daytonarc

Originally Posted by wl7cpa
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... went to Graves web site. The following is posted in bright red letters at the top of the model in question:

THIS IS AN OVERSIZED ITEM THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR FREE SHIPPING

go figure....

Although I was the first to chime in regarding good experiences with Graves and the first to suggest "man beast" was probably not a term that would help, I also pointed out that Graves had a new website. I forwarded a link to the OP to Graves because I wanted them to be aware that this thread existed so they could react appropriately if they chose.

They did react appropriately and corrected an issue with their new website. The red writing regarding oversized shipping was not on the new website prior to this thread. The OP is out nothing if he gets a full refund due to an error if he chooses not to pay the small oversize charge. Since he has not chimed in lately about the worst experience in his life I have to assume that Graves and the OP have come to an agreeable solution.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by daytonarc
Although I was the first to chime in regarding good experiences with Graves and the first to suggest "man beast" was probably not a term that would help, I also pointed out that Graves had a new website. I forwarded a link to the OP to Graves because I wanted them to be aware that this thread existed so they could react appropriately if they chose.

They did react appropriately and corrected an issue with their new website. The red writing regarding oversized shipping was not on the new website prior to this thread. The OP is out nothing if he gets a full refund due to an error if he chooses not to pay the small oversize charge. Since he has not chimed in lately about the worst experience in his life I have to assume that Graves and the OP have come to an agreeable solution.
Remember " Forest Gump " movie, when he was running cross country and a fellow asked him for help in creating a Bumper Sticker ?

SxxT Happens !
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
impulse09

Guy hasn't been alive very long I guess.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:42 PM
oil_can_harry
My Feedback: (2)

I have purchased numerous items from Graves without any problems. I have bought planes from them online on the weekend and Had emails from them the following Monday telling me my order was processed. On 2 occasions I had emails telling me the freight would be more and they could refund my money on the purchase or I could pay more freight. It also stated on 2 of the planes I bought that there would be an oversize charge. I just failed to see that while drooling over the plane that I wanted. Graves has a very extensive inventory and have always been a great company to do business with. If you don't like them, go buy from hobbyking.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:37 PM
daytonarc

Originally Posted by oil_can_harry
I have purchased numerous items from Graves without any problems. I have bought planes from them online on the weekend and Had emails from them the following Monday telling me my order was processed. On 2 occasions I had emails telling me the freight would be more and they could refund my money on the purchase or I could pay more freight. It also stated on 2 of the planes I bought that there would be an oversize charge. I just failed to see that while drooling over the plane that I wanted. Graves has a very extensive inventory and have always been a great company to do business with. If you don't like them, go buy from hobbyking.

+1. Time for this thread to die. Over and out.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

Come on man. It's 30 something bucks we are talking about. In this RC world that's nothing. Shop around. But if you drive to a hobby shop , pay sales tax it's going to cost more in gas and taxs
Old 06-11-2014, 06:11 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I visted Graves for the first time about 7 years ago, they ended giving me a tour of the place , I was enamored over the kits in stock and eye candy handing in the rafters.
While not addessing the original OP problems I can tell you that Graves has a secret attractions to it that many shops dont get or simply refuse to recognize .
Inventory kills shops as we all know , but Graves has a ton of used models for sale that we can assume are on consignment and that cost the shop nothing. However it really adds value to the shop you end up wlaking and looking up and spending more time in the shop.
I cant leave that place without spending money and they have the cool little things like Interior kits, pilots, scale fun stuff .
Plus if you still like to build you wont find a better assortment of traditional kits .
Everytime I have been there people were super nice and i had not spent one dime yet but they were always nice and seemed into the hobby .
There is also a guy behind the counter who is really an eletric guro , really knows his stuff !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.