Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CG Balance GP Big Stik 60 With Saito 100

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CG Balance GP Big Stik 60 With Saito 100

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:33 AM
thombrad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Balance GP Big Stik 60 With Saito 100

Anybody recall what needed to be done to get proper CG with this combo . I have mounted Saito as far back on mount as possible , but GP Big Stik 60 has a relativity long nose. Without doing a full mach up, to check , I was wondering if it is necessary to mount elev. and rudder servos on the outside aft fuselage. Needless to say I do not want to add lead weight to tail . Any other suggestions appreciated .Thanks

Last edited by thombrad; 11-09-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Bladejunkie

I made mine a taildragger and moved the rudder and elevator servos to the rear fuse on the outside.I'm using a Evo 15cc gas engine on mine and it balanced without adding weight anywhere.Hope this helps.

Later Jim
Old 11-10-2014, 12:36 PM
thombrad
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks Jim , mine is a taildragger also , I will go ahead and install rubber and elev. servos in the aft fuse .
Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 PM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tape the servos on back of the fuse, put thel tank reciever battery and whatever else you have in their approximate locations, lift the plane at the CG location by placing your fingers under the spar, the last thing you want is to add more weight, you should balance situating hardware, you don't want to be tail heavy as servos in the tail can make a huge change.