Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Strega MK2 p51and engine options

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Phoenix Strega MK2 p51and engine options

Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM
EVO IX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Strega MK2 p51and engine options

Hey guys,

I am looking at the new p51 Strega mk2 and wanted to know if I could go with a much larger engine than what's required such as, OS fs 120 III surpass (since I already have it). Has anyone here attempted to do a similar installation on that particular plane? If so, please share your experience with us And what Are some pros and cons of it.

Thank you!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:58 PM
larryoakley

Originally Posted by EVO IX View Post
Hey guys,

I am looking at the new p51 Strega mk2 and wanted to know if I could go with a much larger engine than what's required such as, OS fs 120 III surpass (since I already have it). Has anyone here attempted to do a similar installation on that particular plane? If so, please share your experience with us And what Are some pros and cons of it.

Thank you!
I also have my eyes on this plane and was wondering the same, there is a youtube video of a guy having a DLE20 in this bird so I guess there is enough room to play with the engine mount & cowl position.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:45 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the retracts for this plane will not handle loads from heavy engines the struts are thin walled aluminum just hitting a crack on the runway will cause the strut to tear off.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:27 PM
crazyflyer92

I have a novarossi .91 with tune pipe on mine great flying plane and a speed of about 125mph no problems with the landing gear
Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 AM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyflyer92 View Post
I have a novarossi .91 with tune pipe on mine great flying plane and a speed of about 125mph no problems with the landing gear
I guess its just our runway because two other club members broke both struts, l was lucky l only broke one. BTW two of us were flying with OS 55 and the other OS46 so they were not heavy.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:37 AM
prelude92

Originally Posted by rcjetflyer0718-RCU View Post
I guess its just our runway because two other club members broke both struts, l was lucky l only broke one. BTW two of us were flying with OS 55 and the other OS46 so they were not heavy.
Hi. A couple of years ago you wrote about landing gear issues with the Strega Mark 2. We're having issues with a friend of ours and his Strega.. I guess one of the Landings was a bit too hard, and one of the struts broke. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a more robust substitution for the stock gear. Do you know what landing gear your friends are using?. I would appreciate all your feedback on this.

JC Reyes
Sherman Oaks, CA