Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Arrow husky ARF

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Arrow husky ARF

Old 05-16-2020, 08:19 PM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrow husky ARF

Hey everyone.

I've been looking into getting an electric float plane to have some fun this summer at the lake. The RC saylors reviewed the Arrow Husky STOL and it's quite large and flies good apparently. Doesn't have floats, but I could I stall some. I'm just looking to try out electric aircraft. If anyone has experience with the arrow husky, how do you like it? Is their better options? Please tell. I'm willing to get into the 400 dollar range, but not much more. Thanks for reading and it's been a while sense I've posted on RCU, glad to be back
Old 05-17-2020, 04:33 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Inseadl of trying to put floats on a non-float plane there are several DHC-2 Beavers around that will do what you want.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

E-Flite Maule is a wonderful plane that comes with floats

There's also the E-Flite Carbon Cub SS that can be equipped with optional floats that's a little bigger. and a great performer
Old 05-17-2020, 08:38 AM
Pilot_Guy

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
E-Flite Maule is a wonderful plane that comes with floats

There's also the E-Flite Carbon Cub SS that can be equipped with optional floats that's a little bigger. and a great performer
I'm looking at that Carbon cub, looks and seems sweet from all the videos and reviews.... I'm thinking about the SAFE equipped version. Looks very stable. At first I cringed at the thought of a big FOAM plane, but learned it is hallow core with plywood and balsa support/bracing. Guess that wouldn't be too bad. I'm just from the built up wood era, hard to break habits and been a while since I had a plane.

Thanks, I believe this is exactly what I an looking for, even though with radio/batteries around 660-700 dollars. Oh well, only live once, right?
Old 05-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Pilot_Guy

On second thought. That is a lot of money for a chunk of foam. Wish it was some sort of plastic composite/wood.