Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5M BNF RC Plane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5M BNF RC Plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 11:00 AM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5M BNF RC Plane

This is my Maiden Flight Review of the E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5M BNF RC Plane (The unboxing will be added soon).

These are my review notes:

Pros:
- Battery bay on top
- Nice light kit
- BNF with AS3X & SAFE Select
- 3S or 4S power options
- Has a Smart ESC & Receiver
- Overall nice looking scheme
- Comes with options floats and hardware

Cons:
- Bubbled up decals were annoying
- Dings on main wing tips
- Ailerons were WAY out of trim and it was not clear how to mechanically trim them

Old 12-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Scrammy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.
I have recently maidened a Turbo Timber and found I needed almost full left aileron trim because the model was rolling right. I have checked for any warping or misalignment in fusalage and flying surfaces but they all appear fine. The model actually is slightly heavy on the LEFT side - much to my dismay because this is the wrong side to cause a right roll. Damn.

Did you manage to resolve your out of aileron trim problem.? I would be very interested to know, or anyone else with a similar problem with this model. All I can think is maybe too much right engine thrust?
Cheers,
Scrammy.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:54 AM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Scrammy and sorry for the late reply! I basically took it out on a calm night and used almost 100% of my trim. That seemed to have "Fixed" that issue for me. I may at some point open up the plane's plastic servo covers and figure out a way to not need so much darn trim.

Anyhow, I am finally back here to share the Unboxing for this RC Bush Plane. The edit took longer than I thought, so I kept pushing it back and pushing it back lol