Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

MVVS 58cc in a WM p51

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

MVVS 58cc in a WM p51

Old 01-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Harigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58cc in a WM p51

I am thinking of putting a MVVS 58cc gas in my WM P51 GS, 80" Wing Span. The plane is 16lbs and at the moment has a OS BGX engine. But the engine is not giving me the speed I would like for this plane. I am using a 20X10 masterscrew prop and fly in the hot tropics.

The MVVS is one pound heavier and I would probably have to also put a pound in the tail to balance it on the CG point. But it gives 8BHP compared to the BGX 4BHP. The BGX also drinks glow fuel heavily, expensive.

Do you think this is too much engine or would it be alright. I am using 7 high torque servos on the control surfaces.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:26 AM
jwoolridge

Default RE: MVVS 58cc in a WM p51

I'd go for it. You'll probably only need about 1/4-1/3lb of lead to balance and you may even be able to just move your battery back. Not sure if the airframe can handel it since I don't own one but there is a way to find out. Good luck with whatever you choice to do.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Default RE: MVVS 58cc in a WM p51

Harigo,

MVVS 58cc with a 22x12 prop should give you some speed.However before changing your engine, do consider trying a different prop for your present engine. If its speed your looking for, increase the pitch of the prop, and reduce the diameter, and also look for a better prop than master airscrew, as those props tend to flex and loose efficiency.